'19 LA QB Lance LeGendre

I understand that but it also gives the defense a better opportunity at an interception.

I honestly believe he is comparable to winston, who made it to the nfl (first pick at that) but do think of winston as a great qb just good enough. I felt mariota should have been the first drafted that year but not to say winston wasnt a top 10 pick just not the first qb i would have taken.

I didn't really pay enough attention to notice or know enough about his team but it could be a situation where he just has 1 really good receiver that always comes down with it so he trusts him that much more than the other guys. Kinda like Stafford to Calvin but obviously on a much lower level. Once Calvin was gone Stafford learned to spread the ball around more. Hard to tell at this point. It looks like it usually worked but I haven't seen stats so maybe he throws a lot of int's that we don't see in the highlight video. I also don't think this guy is the number 1 qb on their board. They may have a few higher rated guys and then this guy and Howell were close enough, on kinda the same tier, in the coaches eyes that they didn't feel like they had to press for Howell at this point. The thing I was impressed with is he had a couple throws were he broke the pocket and was on the run and launched it down the field. That to me is one of those God given talents that you can't just coach up.

He's a *4 on Rivals and as close to being a *4 on 247 as you can get without being one.

I understand I'm not the coach but i dont think his film is that good like i have stated. Some players are ranked higher than they should be while some players are ranked way lower than they should be. I feel his ranking is fair as i would rank him in the same category of borderline 4* but as an athelete and not a qb.

I’m sitting and waiting to see what happens with Chryst/Guarantano before I get married to one QB right now. But even with this guy, he’s already playing in a Pistol system like Helton wants to use.

LeGendre might be on the board, but I doubt there’s much of an order.

Sounds like the coaches like this guy a lot. Interesting that Alabama and fsu are also after him pretty hard at qb and LSU is starting to show interest. 6'3" and 214 lbs is a pretty good size with a strong arm and athleticism.

gotta be a back up plan since both have higher rated guys already committed, right??:thud:

Lance LeGendre visited Tennessee in early March, just five days after he announced his commitment to Kansas, joining a few of his teammates in attending the Vols’ latest junior day. He has continued to hear plenty from them since then. The three-star junior quarterback from Warren Easton Charter High School in New Orleans remains committed to the Jayhawks, but he said he’s now hearing even “more” from first-year Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff, and he “definitely” plans to visit the Vols again.

“They gave me an offer, and ever since the offer they’ve just been on my tail rapidly ever since that,” said LeGendre, who’s ranked the No. 379 overall prospect and No. 8 dual-threat quarterback in the 247Sports Composite for the 2019 class. “Now they’re texting me every day. It’s just every day now.”

The 6-foot-3, 214-pound LeGendre said he’s talking with “mostly the head coach,” referring to Pruitt. He said he’s also still hearing plenty from Florida State and Alabama, and he admitted Florida State “probably has the best shot” to steal him away from Kansas at this point. But the Vols have made him a high priority, and he said he likes what he has heard from Pruitt since Tennessee extended a scholarship offer to him nearly three months ago.

“Every day he sends me flyers, when they have spring practice, what they did today. ‘How was your day?’ — you know, stuff like that,” LeGendre said of Pruitt. “They feel like I’m the perfect guy for their pro-style offense. They feel like I can do everything within their offense, and they said it’s good out there. There’s a variety of (reasons), I think, why they want me. “They were just saying, ‘You’re the number-one guy. We’re going to be on you every day. We’re going to keep fighting for you, even though you’re committed to Kansas, so every day we’re just going to keep coming for you.’”

LeGendre admitted his visit with the Vols last month “kind of surprised me.” “I can see myself playing at Tennessee,” he said. "It’s not that far. It’s a nice program, nice organization, and they have a nice team, so I can just see myself playing there. But I am committed to Kansas. “I think the mountains caught my eye. It’s a nice view. And it’s just a lot of orange color. The orange is going to catch your eye. Your eyes see that. It was just beautiful, man. They had a nice facility, and everybody was very welcoming. They showed me a good time and showed me how things go around there, how they’re a family. “They’ve got the game room. They’ve got the new coaching staff. It’s a lot. It’s a variety of things that they came with that I was very interested in. “I’m definitely going to go up there to Tennessee again, talk to the head coach and stuff.”

LeGendre committed to Kansas on Feb. 26, just a month after he picked up an offer from the Jayhawks. Former Warren Easton coach Tony Hull is Kansas’ running backs coach and associate head coach. "I took a visit out there at Kansas,” LeGendre said. “I got a chance to explore it myself, see the team, see how everything goes. I met the coaches, and my mom and them liked it, so I had to get on somebody’s roster. Quarterbacks kind of have to commit a little earlier, so I decided to get on somebody’s roster. “And I could definitely see myself playing there, too.”

Lance says FSU contacts him every day like UT and he likes their QB history, "Known for Heisman QB's."

Reactions: 1 person
if he committed to FSU i'd imagine we'd be back in on the Howell trail?

if he committed to FSU i'd imagine we'd be back in on the Howell trail?

Seems we have this kid higher on the QB board than Howell. And maybe this was Pruitt and Helton playing chess...let Howell go to FSU so we could land LeGendre?

Reactions: 2 people
Seems we have this kid higher on the QB board than Howell. And maybe this was Pruitt and Helton playing chess...let Howell go to FSU so we could land LeGendre?
Would be worth it. Howell is good but I think this guy’s at least on par if not better. He’s very underrated

Maybe UT signs LeGendre, and trades him for Howell.

Howell seems to fit UT better and LeGendre seems to fit FSU better! JMO

Maybe UT signs LeGendre, and trades him for Howell.

Howell seems to fit UT better and LeGendre seems to fit FSU better! JMO

How so? The staff didn't push for Howell's commitment. If they were absolutely sold o him, they might have. I don't see how you come up with that assumption because we run a Pro Style offense. Taggert learned his offense from Harbaugh at Stanford, but will adjust to his players i.e. he ran an RPO system with a running QB, (the Gulf Coast offense) when he was at USF. That's what FSU will be running this season. Since we run a Pro Style, why wouldn't Howell be the guy for Helton?

Reactions: 1 person
How so? The staff didn't push for Howell's commitment. If they were absolutely sold o him, they might have. I don't see how you come up with that assumption because we run a Pro Style offense. Taggert learned his offense from Harbaugh at Stanford, but will adjust to his players i.e. he ran an RPO system with a running QB, (the Gulf Coast offense) when he was at USF. That's what FSU will be running this season. Since we run a Pro Style, why wouldn't Howell be the guy for Helton?

Assumption? I was being a tad sarcastic, but based on just blind analysis...

Howell + Pro-style = UT offence
LeGendre + Dual Threat = FSU offence

IFCJP didn't pursue Howell real hard, he obviously saw something others didn't. Willie obviously saw something he liked in Howell that fits his system. It's all good....:good!:

As I have said multiple times, fans of rival teams should not be allowed on this site.

That I disagree with. I have lived in TN 44 of my 48 yrs. I grew up going to 3-4 UT games a year and having a deep affection for my state University. I became an FSU fan in 1975 when my aunt (an FSU grad) sent me an FSU jersey at the age of 5. It was different and I was an impressionable kid. They became #1 in my heart. I have gone to well over 100 UT football games in my life and want it to be a great program. I follow UT in depth and will always hope for success. Chavis got me and my son on the sidelines few times, played golf with Peyton, talked to Jimmy Streeter a few days before he passed away, ect.... I do love UT. I've traveled to Tallahassee many time to see the 'Noles play and was there at the Orange Bowl NC win vs Nebraska!

My only college choice was FSU. I got in as a JR. and was set on going there, but I only received a preferred walk-on spot to play golf there (got one at UT as well). I decided to play golf at Austin Peay due to scholarship and being ranked in the top 50 D1 golf teams in the country at that time.

Will I pull for the Vols vs. FSU or the Peay, no! But, that doesn't mean that I don't still pull hard for the Vols.

I have utmost loyalty to The Peay! I still love the 'Noles and always will, but for anyone to say that a fan of another team can't still care about the Vols, and shouldn't be "allowed" on this site, is absurd and full of ignorance!

Lets Go Peay!
Fear the Spear!
Go Big Orange!

and...if anything...we both have a deep hatred for UF!
sorry it was long winded, but VN should be happy to have anyone from another "fanbase" that cares so much about the Vols and doesn't trash them like real "trolls"

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back