'19 LA QB Lance LeGendre

Interesting comparison to Sam Darnold, at least in regards to size and recruiting rankings. Both listed on Rivals as 5.8 four stars and both listed as the 8th best dual threat QB in the nation. LeGendre is listed at 6'3'' 206 lbs while Darnold was listed a little bigger at 6'5'' 215 lbs. They have similar play style too. Darnold may have a quicker release but LeGendre's seemed to improve from the sophomore film in the OP to his junior film. I'm definitely no expert at evaluating HS highlight tapes though so you can take that with a grade of slaw. Mostly I was just surprised how similar their Rivals evals were. :detective:

Reactions: 2 people
no, it really doesn't. and if he's that good, and their guy, then go get him.

we're just given some information, and i formed an opinion. as information changes, so does the opinion....it's not wrong to acknowledge that as he camps some, gets more offers, see his ranking go up, so would the perception of this prospect change. these recruiting services rank these guys for a reason...the overwhelming majority of people that follow recruiting are NOT expert evaluators...so fans use them as a gauge. i'm no different.

and you and i both know that going after a 3* qb that's committed to KS, while watching all the higher rated guys (that we also offered and were going after) go elsewhere, doesn't have the right window dressing for a staff proclaimed to be awesome recruiters, trying to rebuild this program.

like i said, obviously i was skeptical when the offer came out. but, does that really matter in the grand scheme? of course not, i'm not that arrogant, or naive. i trust this staff, and i don't think they're just throwing out offers for the fun of it. they've done their evaluation, they like the kid, and that's fine with me.:thumbsup:

i just want the best players we can get, that will help us get where we want to be. and if that's with a 3* KS commit at QB, fine with me.............:eek:lol:

I liken it to the same way recruits may sign right away, in order to get on other teams radars. Just like Miles Friday and Manuel Leonard did. Sounds like that is way this kid probably done. I don't think he sticks with Kansas cause this aint Basketball. I don't think this staff cares much about stars, it's the fit that counts.

Hubbs knows about as much about our QB board as I do about speaking fluent Mandarin.

Well in that case.... Konnichiwa.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
kids commit to weird places sometimes. Remember there being a top 50 overall player committed to FAU for a long time a few cycles ago... looks like a player though, watch the film

I did watch film and was under-welmed. Hardly ever does a check down. Throws 50/50 balls more than target passes. Not the kind of qb that is THE QB of this class. In my opinion. He is athletic but in my opinion not a good qb, just ok. I think if we land him we sign another qb also that is higher ranked.

I did watch film and was under-welmed. Hardly ever does a check down. Throws 50/50 balls more than target passes. Not the kind of qb that is THE QB of this class. In my opinion. He is athletic but in my opinion not a good qb, just ok. I think if we land him we sign another qb also that is higher ranked.

The film in the OP is his sophomore film. Did you go check his junior film. Seems a little more polished.

Still not our coach, Butch.

Still an idiot. Are you a troll or what? I cant stand people like you that have a differing opinion and just spout out STUPID. I have my own opinion. I understand you are trying to be "cool" but honestly look like an idiot instead.

Still an idiot. Are you a troll or what? I cant stand people like you that have a differing opinion and just spout out STUPID. I have my own opinion. I understand you are trying to be "cool" but honestly look like an idiot instead.

There is an ignore button. I am just messing with you. You seem to be a stargazer, which is fine. I have touched a nerve, so I will back off. I think you just jumped the gun on this particular prospect based upon his star rating alone. I prefer to let it play out and see if we sign him and then make my judgment, based upon a lot of factors, star rating included.

There is an ignore button. I am just messing with you. You seem to be a stargazer, which is fine. I have touched a nerve, so I will back off. I think you just jumped the gun on this particular prospect based upon his star rating alone. I prefer to let it play out and see if we sign him and then make my judgment, based upon a lot of factors, star rating included.

Not to focused on star rating as they go up and down their senior year however like i said i just dont see him being THE QB of this class. Im not saying he isnt talented and as an athlete I feel he is worthy of the almost 4* rating but just not as a qb in my opinion. I just dont think his film is that good. All things are "fluid" with recruits, some higher ranked players not panning out and lower ranked players making huge impacts, i honestly just dont see him being THE QB this class. May sign him but feel we will get a better pedigree qb than him. Maybe after i see some film on his camps I'll change my perspective of his check downs and accuracy. Maybe not, we will see. And we are all good, just cant stand being called something I'm not whether it is a joke or not and on the computer it is hard to tell a joke from not.

Not to focused on star rating as they go up and down their senior year however like i said i just dont see him being THE QB of this class. Im not saying he isnt talented and as an athlete I feel he is worthy of the almost 4* rating but just not as a qb in my opinion. I just dont think his film is that good. All things are "fluid" with recruits, some higher ranked players not panning out and lower ranked players making huge impacts, i honestly just dont see him being THE QB this class. May sign him but feel we will get a better pedigree qb than him. Maybe after i see some film on his camps I'll change my perspective of his check downs and accuracy. Maybe not, we will see. And we are all good, just cant stand being called something I'm not whether it is a joke or not and on the computer it is hard to tell a joke from not.

Honest question cause I rarely watch these highlight reels. How often do you see check downs from high school quarterbacks? I would think it's not very common for them, much less to have it in their highlights. And even so wouldn't a lack of check downs be much more due to coaching and game planning than some deficiencies in a QBs technique or ability? I'm asking because you've brought it up as 1 of the 2 main reasons you don't like him multiple times since Howell committed to fsu. Just seems like a weird critique of a high school QB to me. But again I don't watch a lot of these videos so maybe I just don't get it.

“I cant stand people like you that have a differing opinion”. Pretty well sums up VolNation right there. Slam anyone with a different opinion.

Actually i did not say the same. I did see some check downs if i can remember correctly but his accuracy was pretty good in the highlight reel. Still wasnt big on shrout especially over Martinez. But would take shrout over legendre. I did agree we needed to get a qb after letting martinez go, however.

Dual threat has nothing to do with liking or not liking him. As it has been said many time some qb are rated ps when they are really dt and visa versa. The last qb i was solid on and felt would be a huge impact player/qb was RF and we know what happened there. I actually prefer the howell type qb more than legendre because he is more than capable of running but is a pocket-passer first.

Last edited:
Its mighty funny posters question his ability to read defenses and if he is even a qb. The same posters didn't question if worse players like Shrout were being recruited to move to another position. Or if he can make reads etc despite his 51% passing and 26 ints. Yea I'm just making stuff up. Even though the same questions are raised about any non white qb we have or recruit. Funny how they dont ask those questions when we have or recruit a white qb. Poster always assume they have a great mental grasp and passing abilities even when the stats and gametape show otherwise. Mighty peculiar.

I take it you are a race baiter by this post and previous comments by posters on your character. I mean i liked adrian martinez pretty well and he wasnt "white" or a ps. I was big on fields and he wasnt a "white" or ps qb. Why are these types of posts even allowed on here? Im pretty high on taulia and he is not "white". Hoping he is THE QB of this class. However, i like daniels also and wouldnt mind him being THE QB. Taulia and daniels both have some knocks; taulia, his height and daniels his weight. Both good athletes.

Honest question cause I rarely watch these highlight reels. How often do you see check downs from high school quarterbacks? I would think it's not very common for them, much less to have it in their highlights. And even so wouldn't a lack of check downs be much more due to coaching and game planning than some deficiencies in a QBs technique or ability? I'm asking because you've brought it up as 1 of the 2 main reasons you don't like him multiple times since Howell committed to fsu. Just seems like a weird critique of a high school QB to me. But again I don't watch a lot of these videos so maybe I just don't get it.

Yes the check downs are more do to coaching and play calling however thats where his 50/50 balls come in play. He throws it up for his planned target rather than throwing it "to" a target. Not saying he cant be taught or that he doesnt have the knowledge already to check down just saying he doesnt do that now and that makes me somewhat hesitant to be excited about him. It may all be the fault of the coaching that he throws the 50/50 balls. I dont know but based on film thats just what i saw. Maybe the coaches are seeing his ability from different film that i havent seen. There are several scenarios that may lead the coaches to liking him but from what i see he is just a "meh" qb thus far. By the way i am not a professional recruiter; all based on my own knowledge and opinion of the film i have seen.

Yes the check downs are more do to coaching and play calling however thats where his 50/50 balls come in play. He throws it up for his planned target rather than throwing it "to" a target. Not saying he cant be taught or that he doesnt have the knowledge already to check down just saying he doesnt do that now and that makes me somewhat hesitant to be excited about him. It may all be the fault of the coaching that he throws the 50/50 balls. I dont know but based on film thats just what i saw. Maybe the coaches are seeing his ability from different film that i havent seen. There are several scenarios that may lead the coaches to liking him but from what i see he is just a "meh" qb thus far. By the way i am not a professional recruiter; all based on my own knowledge and opinion of the film i have seen.

I just think a lot of the things you are criticizing are coachable and aren't as important to Pruitt and Helton as things like arm talent that aren't as coachable. There could also be intangible things we don't see that they may have a better idea of. I'm not saying anything negative about Howell or even that this guy is a better prospect. But you originally asked why the coaches would like him more and since it is very unlikely the coaches will ever answer that question I figured I would give you some possible reasons. They may be recruiting him as a wr. Hard to know at this point. But I could see why they may like him at qb. He seems to have plenty of potential there.

I just think a lot of the things you are criticizing are coachable and aren't as important to Pruitt and Helton as things like arm talent that aren't as coachable. There could also be intangible things we don't see that they may have a better idea of. I'm not saying anything negative about Howell or even that this guy is a better prospect. But you originally asked why the coaches would like him more and since it is very unlikely the coaches will ever answer that question I figured I would give you some possible reasons. They may be recruiting him as a wr. Hard to know at this point. But I could see why they may like him at qb. He seems to have plenty of potential there.

Yeah he has potential but potential is all in how the player translates to college ball. I just dont see him being better than howell and honestly dont think he is the most accurate qb on the market but we will see i guess just not an exciting prospect to me. I think the harrison kid in the 2020 class would be a huge get and maybe they are just trying to get a serviceable qb this class and then get THE QB in the 2020 class who knows.

Throwing a nice jump ball isn't exactly a bad skill to have, though. Trace McSorley has made a career of it at PSU.

Sometimes being able to put a ball where your guy can just go get it can be as difficult as fitting a pass in a tight window.

Throwing a nice jump ball isn't exactly a bad skill to have, though. Trace McSorley has made a career of it at PSU.

Sometimes being able to put a ball where your guy can just go get it can be as difficult as fitting a pass in a tight window.

I understand that but it also gives the defense a better opportunity at an interception.

I honestly believe he is comparable to winston, who made it to the nfl (first pick at that) but do think of winston as a great qb just good enough. I felt mariota should have been the first drafted that year but not to say winston wasnt a top 10 pick just not the first qb i would have taken.

Last edited:

I get it. I appreciate you responding and I do apologize. I was trying to make more fun of Butch than I was of you and I should have stopped after the first time when I realized you did not appreciate it. I honestly do not watch a ton of film because I don't feel like my evaluation is up to par with our coaches. I think that some people got really turned off because of the Kansas commitment and thought we were already settling for someone who was not high on our list. I try to look at star ratings and offer lists. In this case, the offer list is pretty good, but we don't know if everyone is offering him as a QB.

VN Store

Back