'24 LA LB Tylen Singleton (LSU commit)

Tennessee had a successful weekend last week as they moved the needle with several prospects. One player that stands out to us is Louisiana linebacker Tylen Singleton. We feel like the Vols have the momentum coming out of the weekend. He will visit Knoxville officially in June and right now the Vols are the team to beat.
-VQ

Four-star hybrid linebacker Tylen Singleton was on the road for a good chunk of the spring as one of the nation’s hardest-hitting defenders got a closer look at some contenders and took another step forward in figuring out what’s next.

Singleton, the On3 Industry Ranking’s No. 11-ranked linebacker in the country out of the Northwest corner of The Boot, made visits back to LSU, Arkansas and TCU. He also returned to Texas A&M a bit earlier this spring and made his way to Tennessee for the first time.

Singleton plans to take official visits to each of those schools, including four over the summer back to —Arkansas, TCU, Tennessee and Texas A&M. The Many (La.) High School state champion hybrid defender also intends to return to Baton Rouge, unofficially, in the summer before announcing his college decision.

Singleton’s first visit to Rocky Top moved the needle enough for the talented blue-chip defender to lock in an official visit this summer. Brian Jean-Mary is leading the Vols’ charge for the hybrid defender and both he and Josh Heuepel have quickly meshed with Singleton.

“The coaching staff personally showed me around the facility,” he said. “Coach Heuepel walked around with me and treated me like family. Everywhere I went, everybody knew me and they loved me and made me a top priority over there, and I loved that.”
Jean-Mary has been keeping his foot on the gas since the visit.

“I love him,” Singleton said of Tennessee’s linebackers coach. “I talk with Coach BJ every day. He comes down to my level and when we get talking about it can be about what I want to do now, what I want to do in the future, what I eat, what I do for fun, and when we talk about football it’s great, to be honest.”

- On3

Really goin out on a limb there AP. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that, just looked at the OVs we have booked.
He is reporting what he sees. What do you think he should be reporting? Commitments from players we probably won't get? His job isn't to report things that he doesn't expect to happen.

He is reporting what he sees. What do you think he should be reporting? Commitments from players we probably won't get? His job isn't to report things that he doesn't expect to happen.
6318171_1.jpg

Reactions: Lars
Brian Jean-Mary checked in on multiple recruits during the week, starting on the West Coast and ending on the East Coast. Jean-Mary checked on Ohio State linebacker commit Payton Pierce in Texas, and he also checked on top-150 prospect Tylen Singleton. When Singleton left his visit in March, it felt like the Vols built some momentum, and they are still deep in this recruitment ahead of summer official visits.
-VQ

Not quite ready to say Tennessee leads for Tylen Singleton, but the Vols have positioned themselves pretty well with him going into his official visits, so I think they have a real shot at him. LSU still looms as a threat — he's going to visit the Tigers again sometime this summer — and history tells you it's often tough to beat out LSU for an in-state player it wants, so don't sleep on that possibility. But I think there's a realistic chance Tennessee could pull him away from the Tigers, at least based on what I've heard so far. He likes the Vols going into his official visits, so they have a legitimate chance of landing him.
callahan

VN Store

Back