Kirby = Richt 2.0?

Kirby came in at a convenient time too he got a talented team from Richt and Florida was running out Mcelwain and Butch was driving us into the ditch. Florida and Tennessee are coming back up now and it may get a little tougher for Kirby going forward. Kirby while a very good recruiter is a pretty lousy big game coach.

Post of the year right there.

The east was so much tougher when mr was starting out it’s not even funny. Throw Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier in the mix as well. And yes we were declining but we were a powerhouse program. Richt beat us in 2001.

Starting out, yes. But as I pointed out, UT and UF both started to decline almost immediately, and Lou Holtz at SC didn't do much of anything after 2001. UF rebounded with Meyer but as I pointed out, Richt didn't win any championships when Meyer was there.

You can say he had a better UT and UF, but I disagree he got "powerhouse" UT and UF (at least until Meyer got there). And he still only won 2 SEC Championships and zero NCs.

And let’s be honest here guys it’s not that’s hard for a coach to recruit well at Georgia that state is loaded all over. Ray Goff and Jim Donnan were pretty crappy coaches but they still recruited plenty of talent.

Don't know his record vs. Tennessee, but he was 5-10 vs. Florida. So, whether Florida was down or not, he struggled against the Gators.

Personally, I think he's better than Richt and his teams are better than Richt's teams. I never thought Georgia was a hurdle Florida had to overcome while he was there. Georgia is definitely a problem right now.

He was 10-5 against UT; 4 of those losses came before Dooley. 1 was an absolute beatdown by Kiffin. And even though he won most post Kiffin, most of the games were very close. He very easily could have had a .500 record against UT.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Well, it'll prolly be a while before either UT or UF win the East. But that's just my opinion

You or I could win with all of that talent. It’s just a total mismanagement on his behalf. I was wrong and don’t mind admitting it especially living in Dawg country.
It's honestly a shock to me, he has all the talent in the world but your right it's like he can't manage it, I bet it's great seeing all of those dawg fans weeping

Reactions: Jack Burton
How painful must it be to be a UGA fan, player, staff member, or even Kirby Smart himself to realize the QB you put on a shelf is the starter for the #1 team in all of college football tonight? Fast forward to his performances this season with that of Fromm you preferred as well. You're excused, go puke.

Reactions: SCRocket
I've heard the phrase Kirby the clown multiple times here in GA since the SEC championship game last year. The same people called Richt the Charlie Brown of college football his last 4 or 5 years at UGA.

Reactions: joevol33
I've heard the phrase Kirby the clown multiple times here in GA since the SEC championship game last year. The same people called Richt the Charlie Brown of college football his last 4 or 5 years at UGA.
Give them dawgs crap in your area, I'm doing my part😄

VN Store

Back