Kirby = Richt 2.0?

100% agree. Just couldn't be trusted play after play this year. Will be scary once the light comes on.

Truthfully I feel like Pickens could be a Patterson type player if he commits himself. I think he can be that good

VFL, and UGA fan 364 days out of the year. I probably watch UGA more than most on this board, so...

Kirby is Richt 2.0. He can recruit with the best of them, and he can develop top talent, but a game-day coach he is not. Nor is his staff. LSU was / maybe is / might have been the better team, but to get completely outplayed like UGA did is squarely on the shoulders of the UGA staff. This was a CFP play-in game...UGA knew it...and blew it.

So, as a VFL...while I admire what UGA has done over the past few years...I think they are beatable next year. LSU showed us how. Take away what they do best, and they do nothing well. But they beat the Gators, so I'll remain a "364 UGA fan".

Go Vols.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
How painful must it be to be a UGA fan, player, staff member, or even Kirby Smart himself to realize the QB you put on a shelf is the starter for the #1 team in all of college football tonight? Fast forward to his performances this season with that of Fromm you preferred as well. You're excused, go puke.
Yeah, thanks Chaney. Brilliant judge of talent. Jackass.

Give them dawgs crap in your area, I'm doing my part😄
Fuggetaboudit. Dawgs ain't about to go full blown Tennessee. Kirby gonna be jes fine. When they stop talking bout ya, then ya better start worryin.

VFL, and UGA fan 364 days out of the year. I probably watch UGA more than most on this board, so...

Kirby is Richt 2.0. He can recruit with the best of them, and he can develop top talent, but a game-day coach he is not. Nor is his staff. LSU was / maybe is / might have been the better team, but to get completely outplayed like UGA did is squarely on the shoulders of the UGA staff. This was a CFP play-in game...UGA knew it...and blew it.

So, as a VFL...while I admire what UGA has done over the past few years...I think they are beatable next year. LSU showed us how. Take away what they do best, and they do nothing well. But they beat the Gators, so I'll remain a "364 UGA fan".

Go Vols.
Dude. You cant be serious. UGA sideline looked like a triage unit. A "364 day" Dawg fan should acknowledge that. Almost the entire 2019 offensive production was sidelined. Swift was used as a red herring all night. He shouldn't have even dressed for the game. Props to LSU. They will easily win it all this year. But 50% of those Dawgs on the defensive side were playing in their state championship games 12 months ago. It will not be easy to beat UGA next year. Not with the talent on your roster.

Dude. You cant be serious. UGA sideline looked like a triage unit. A "364 day" Dawg fan should acknowledge that. Almost the entire 2019 offensive production was sidelined. Swift was used as a red herring all night. He shouldn't have even dressed for the game. Props to LSU. They will easily win it all this year. But 50% of those Dawgs on the defensive side were playing in their state championship games 12 months ago. It will not be easy to beat UGA next year. Not with the talent on your roster.

No doubting UGA's talent. Nor their injuries. But Fromm was healthy, as was most of the defense. At least to start. And yet UGA was outclassed from the first snap. That's on the staff. Did you watch the game, when after the missed bomb UGA ran the ball on virtually every 1st down play? 2nd and 8 is no way to play LSU. And Burrow made the UGA defense look bad. A lot. And then some.

I still think it's UGA, UF, and UT in that order next year, but if UT could play with the same intensity that LSU showed in that game (all year, actually), then yes...UGA is beatable next year. We don't have to be the better team, we just have to play the better game.

Go Vols.

Reactions: BAMA-DAWG
Nah. East has a L-OOOOO-N-G way to go before they catch UGA. Kirby done lapped the field and the rest a y'all know it.

Unfortunately, once Kirby gets out of the SEC East, the only thing he's "lapping" is the annual piss-on-his-head job he gets from the SEC West champ.

Apparently, regardless of who it is.

Reactions: allvol123
Unfortunately, once Kirby gets out of the SEC East, the only thing he's "lapping" is the annual piss-on-his-head job he gets from the SEC West champ.

Apparently, regardless of who it is.
But he keeps getting there. Should they just excuse themselves next year? Maybe Mullen would like a try.

Is kirby richt 2.0 with better recruits?

Is Kirby Smart really Mark Richt 2.0?

table-1.jpg

table-2.jpg

table-3.jpg

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
This has been discussed some but it’s inexcusable that Kirby’s UGA squad got beat by a poor USCe team at home and is getting thrashed by LSU and I love it. His recruiting has been top notch, maybe even better than Richt’s, and so there’s simply no reason this should happen. Let’s hope that Kirby was pulls a Richt and has UGA at a routine 11-2 to 9-3 type seasons and makes it a decade plus without a title.
I don’t want him to “Pull a Richt” and win 9-11 games a year. Would much rather him “Pull a Goff” and stink pretty much every year.

Do you ever stop and think about how that’s any different?

If your out early or lose it late makes absolutely no difference. People won’t remember the East titles they’ll only remember the SEC titles.
You're right. I don't remember the last time UT won the SECChampionship. But UGA won it in 2017 and the East 2017-2019. And go ahead and pencil in 2020. Cant win it all if you dont even get to play in it.

But he keeps getting there. Should they just excuse themselves next year? Maybe Mullen would like a try.

Which happens first: UGA wins the SEC, or UT beats UGA? If we consult the past, well.....

Like you said, he keeps getting there. Sooner or later, you would think, he's got to figure out how to win one.

Which happens first: UGA wins the SEC, or UT beats UGA? If we consult the past, well.....

Like you said, he keeps getting there. Sooner or later, you would think, he's got to figure out how to win one.
2017 says hey. The most successful program in the East the last 3 years is UGA. And doesnt look like anyone is close anytime soon.

2017 says hey. The most successful program in the East the last 3 years is UGA. And doesnt look like anyone is close anytime soon.

You very well could be right. Goodness knows, those SEC East Championships and "we almost won it all" trophies take up a lot of space in the football complex.

Can you post the link to the UGA SEC Runner-up t-shirt sale on GADawgs.com? I might want to get one for a friend.

In the end, this year, the only thing separating UGA, UF, and UT is the name of the non-CFP bowl game they'll be playing in.

Next year, it all starts anew.

VN Store

Back