Kirby = Richt 2.0?

So Chaney was head coach and had final say? Smart must be a milquetoast leader if he only did whatever Chaney wanted. That’s even worse!
Come on man. The OC's main responsibility is to generate offense. If Chaney even walked down to the practice field from time to time, he would have noticed the player with 1 on his jersey. The kid is a generational talent. And he signed with your school. You let him leave because you wont put him on the field? That's malpractice. THAT'S why Chaney got run from UGA.

Oh, and he was also the QBs coach. SMH

Last edited:
Come on man. The OC's main responsibility is to generate offense. If Chaney even walked down to the practice field from time to time, he would have noticed the player with 1 on his jersey. The kid is a generational talent. And he signed with your school. You let him leave because you wont put him on the field? That's malpractice. THAT'S why Chaney got run from UGA.

He didn't get run off. Uga offered him more to stay, and he still left.

Reactions: Remy
*Citation needed
They didn't offer him as much as Tennessee, but they offered. He wanted out, just like a couple more. Rumors swirl heavy around here that smart is not a likeable person.

Reactions: Remy
They didn't offer him as much as Tennessee, but they offered. He wanted out, just like a couple more. Rumors swirl heavy around here that smart is not a likeable person.
Yeah. If you dont do your job well, your boss prolly not gonna be a very likeable person.
I mean they named Coley co-OC and stuck him up there in the booth with him. That should have spoken volumes to Big Jim that he wasn't in the future plan. Think about it.

And it was purty nice of Smart to get him a better offer to drive up the cost for UT. That's how coaches take care of their own.

Yeah. If you dont do your job well, your boss prolly not gonna be a very likeable person.
I mean they named Coley co-OC and stuck him up there in the booth with him. That should have spoken volumes to Big Jim that he wasn't in the future plan. Think about it.
How's that offense looked without him? That should speak volumes also.

Just a stand up person at Georgia that will recruit and work really hard will always have a 9+ win team. It’s not hard to do there. Especially with the sec east not being really strong right now. Georgia has an amazing offensive line, great running backs, a really good 3 year start at qb (and eventually nfl qb) and a really good defense but yet couldn’t get over the top this year.

Reactions: BAMA-DAWG
How's that offense looked without him? That should speak volumes also.
I think he knew he was gone so he tried to sabotage his impending rival by sending the future star QB down the road. You know kinda like Kiffin and Coach O did when they jammed UT.

I think he knew he was gone so he tried to sabotage his impending rival by sending the future star QB down the road. You know kinda like Kiffin and Coach O did when they jammed UT.
😄. It absolutely amazes me that none of you pups can simply admit you got out coached, and out played when you lose.

Reactions: Remy and StarRaider
Not a good look ...

Smart pointed out that injuries at the position affected the continuity and timing.
“We had two or three out different games of the year, so we’ve not had a consistent group out there,” Smart said. “Went out and grabbed some transfers we thought would help. A lot of those things fall on it. People can point at Jake, they can point at Coley, they can point at me. I don’t know how many drops we had tonight, but I feel like we had to have had five or six that you could say should have probably been caught.

“And we would have been more explosive if that was the case. I don’t mean that in disrespect. If we had really good wideouts, we’re more explosive.”

Chaney got run off because he wanted to make a change and Smart said no. Chaney didn’t get what he wanted so he left. Why in the world do you leave a school with all that talent to come to Tennessee unless something is really wrong? My guess is Smart said Yes to Fromm but Chaney wanted and came close to begging for Fields. When it’s clear Fields is leagues ahead of Fromm.

Not a good look ...

Smart pointed out that injuries at the position affected the continuity and timing.
“We had two or three out different games of the year, so we’ve not had a consistent group out there,” Smart said. “Went out and grabbed some transfers we thought would help. A lot of those things fall on it. People can point at Jake, they can point at Coley, they can point at me. I don’t know how many drops we had tonight, but I feel like we had to have had five or six that you could say should have probably been caught.

“And we would have been more explosive if that was the case. I don’t mean that in disrespect. If we had really good wideouts, we’re more explosive.”

You know who says that? Butch says that. Butch defends Butch friends to the end. Butch promotes his friends when they don’t deserve it. Tennessee knows all to well how the buddy system just doesent work.

If you expect anyone to believe that Chaney was run off to just promote Coley you’re out of luck. That might be the most dense thing I’ve read here in a month.
No, you're putting words in my mouth. I said Chaney got run because as OC he had a guy like Fields and he kept him on the sideline.

Just a stand up person at Georgia that will recruit and work really hard will always have a 9+ win team. It’s not hard to do there. Especially with the sec east not being really strong right now. Georgia has an amazing offensive line, great running backs, a really good 3 year start at qb (and eventually nfl qb) and a really good defense but yet couldn’t get over the top this year.

That's not going to last. UF is right there now. Tennessee has a ways to go but is showing signs of life. Missouri is ready to play spoiler. South Carolina can be better.

The last four to five years have been UGAs best chance to get it done and while they have dominated a weak East, it's going to be even tougher to win it moving forward.

Reactions: tbones0711
Chaney got run off because he wanted to make a change and Smart said no. Chaney didn’t get what he wanted so he left. Why in the world do you leave a school with all that talent to come to Tennessee unless something is really wrong? My guess is Smart said Yes to Fromm but Chaney wanted and came close to begging for Fields. When it’s clear Fields is leagues ahead of Fromm.
Is that what he told you? Cuz that's not what happened.

VN Store

Back