Kiffin

Well first, he wasn’t given a show cause until December of last year, eleven months after he was initially hired. Secondly, he no longer coaches at FAU, he’s with the 49ers now.

Honestly didn’t know. :hi:

i think he is going to be able to get away with a lot there. I think he may like being a big fish in a small pond.

Maybe, but the NCAA also would prefer to bust a small-time program as opposed to a bigger one.

I do think he enjoys being a big fish in a small pond, especially at this stage in his career now that he has run himself out of multiple big pond jobs.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
You do understand the circumstances he inherited at SC, right? I'm not defending the guy or anything he did here but to say he failed at SC is a clear misunderstanding of what transpired after he took over.

You do understand that he was so hated by his team that they purposely lost games to get him fired. This was at kitten's "dream" job. Kitten at USC is the equivalent of an officer shot by his own men.

Revisionist is allowing something after the situation to alter the way you felt in that moment. It's revisionist history to act like what we had going during 2009 wasn't good. Almost the entire fanbase was on board. We were recruiting at the highest level we've recruited in the last 15 years. We were a team that our rivals actually cared about. We weren't letting the foot off the gas and going into the Mustang package.

Revisionist history is letting the butthurtedness of Kiffin leaving alter the way we felt during the 09 season.

The only smidge of success kitten ever had at a big time program was at UT, which was coming off a decade of good football.

Everywhere kitten has been in charge of a team destruction and sanctions have followed.
As far as coaching is concerned, the guy was born on 3rd base and he screwed it up.

For the record, I was not optimistic under the kitten. It really seemed like business as usual, except for this big mouth coach that did not seem to represent anything like a head football coach.

Compare kitten's personality to majors or fulmer....lol what a joke.

247, which is a composite ranking, ranked his classes 3rd, 3rd, 8th, and 10th in the country. 1st, 1st, 2nd, and 2nd in the Pac 12. If there "were holes everywhere," how were the composite rankings that high?

Kiffin is a joke of a head coach and cannot handle a big time program.

I've thought this all along. I cannot understand how people think he is any good at big programs. He's either a good OC for big programs or a good HC ONLY at mid-major programs.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I think a lot of Tennessee fans have Stockholm Syndrome about Kiffin.

I'm at a loss trying to figure out where the temptation to ask him to come back comes from. It certainly can't come from how he performed at USC. Maybe from his performance as OC at Alabama under Saban? But even that ended poorly; Saban thought he was distracted by the new FAU job and asked him to leave before the national title game.

I guess I could understand it if Kiffin were still at USC (or had since left for some other big school) and had the program humming, but he hasn't done anything approaching that.

If Kiffin didn't leave Tennessee after a year, he probably would have had us at 8-9 wins after a few years. Then he would have likely been fired due to rampant NCAA violations and had us on probation for multiple years.

Well said sir.

I think Maryland would be the better landing spot for him. UA money and lower expectations.

He did an awesome job with Jonathan Crompton in one year. Imagine he he'd had a few more With him. I don't care for his mouth. But the man knows offense. And QB'S.
The guys a great coach (top 10 in the nation) I know a lot of is hate him for what he did here, but the man Knows football, and knows how to get a team to rally around him.

Saban is a defensive coach before he's anything else. That Kiffin had him and all of Bama puckered until the last play of the game at Tuscaloosa with two Vol walk-on OLs and a head case at QB in Crompton demonstrated Kiffin has talent and ability to coach. That Saban hired him as his OC after his one and done UT performance ought go give people pause who suggest he can't coach.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Saban is a defensive coach before he's anything else. That Kiffin had him and all of Bama puckered until the last play of the game at Tuscaloosa with two Vol walk-on OLs and a head case at QB in Crompton demonstrated Kiffin has talent and ability to coach. That Saban hired him as his OC after his one and done UT performance ought go give people pause who suggest he can't coach.
uh what? got hired at Bama after failing at USC. funny how people always ignore that.

Kiffin has a national championship ring.

Pruitt has national championship rings.

Yet somehow Kiffin is an idiot, and Pruitt is gonna save us

I'm lost.

I think the butthurt among many of our fans is still palpable

I'm lost.

Honestly I think to many fans Kiffin is the gorgeous girl in high school that they could never get and still are sore that some pretty boy took her instead.

So in comparison it’s always “what might have been” and when they see “her” doing poorly they celebrate because they think “ha! You see, she was better with me” and then when she’s doing well they think “darn it, why wasn’t I good enough? My life would be so much better if I had her”

Might be a silly comparison but it’s the only way to explain the slobbering love affair folks still have with him.

It’s hilarious because my father was banned from a Vol board because he thought Kiffin was a bad hire that would rack up NCAA violations and then either leave or get fired. He actually said “he’ll put us on a coaching carousel for years”

He was right.

Kiffin is a bum who has messed up every coaching job he’s had (yes even Alabama, we all know what happened with Saban’s daughter) I think it’s only a matter of time before he blows up Florida Atlantic

Last edited:

I'm lost.

Pruitt also got one away from Bama. I could have been Bama's OC/DC and gotten a ring. I wouldn't have done as good as Kiffin did, but anyone could call plays for those guys.

we have seen Kiffin fail. haven't seen Pruitt fail yet, granted this is his first chance.

What was the scholarship reduction Kiffin inherited at USC? What about the transfer policy? Recruiting restrictions? The amount of hate on the man is unbelievable. I believe AD's are really messing up by not offering him.

What was the scholarship reduction Kiffin inherited at USC? What about the transfer policy? Recruiting restrictions? The amount of hate on the man is unbelievable. I believe AD's are really messing up by not offering him.
He actually loaded up on scholarships before the sanctions. His first class had 30+ signees. He wasn’t there long enough for the sanctions to sting and they didn’t seem to hinder Sarkisian anywhere near as much as his personal demons.

Pruitt also got one away from Bama. I could have been Bama's OC/DC and gotten a ring. I wouldn't have done as good as Kiffin did, but anyone could call plays for those guys.

we have seen Kiffin fail. haven't seen Pruitt fail yet, granted this is his first chance.
Silly post of the day. ^^^^^

You confirmed exactly what I was talking about. People say that Kiffin won in an environment that "anyone" could won in. Pruitt is somehow a genius because Bama won national championships. They are either both geniuses, or both fortunate to have been in a system that had limitless talent. Frankly, I'll lean toward the latter. It's football, not rocket surgery.

VN Store

Back