Kentucky Meltdown

Let's not forget Kentucky had two weeks to prepare for this game. It's the same feeling we got in recent years when Lyle Jones team lost to South Carolina or everyone else after bye weeks. When the teams were even it made fans puzzled about what they've been practicing.

For UK it was obvious. Run a misdirection style attack and some option principles. Also control the clock and let it run down. Limit our possessions. It actually kept them in the game. I don't think the game is that close with their regular offense.

That stadium looked like it had more blue than usual in the stands. I think Stoops is laying the foundation for a solid football program.

I think if Stoops can get an offer for a better gig, he's outta there. But yes, he's made KY very competitive. Seems like the same problem they've always had...can't get enough Jimmies and Joes beyond their first team.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Let's not forget Kentucky had two weeks to prepare for this game. It's the same feeling we got in recent years when Lyle Jones team lost to South Carolina or everyone else after bye weeks. When the teams were even it made fans puzzled about what they've been practicing.

For UK it was obvious. Run a misdirection style attack and some option principles. Also control the clock and let it run down. Limit our possessions. It actually kept them in the game. I don't think the game is that close with their regular offense.
Excellent point and given that context, nothing they did on offense looks as good. They had two weeks to install a wrinkle to their offense and they did... but the bottom line is, that they still only scored 13 points and lost.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I would never say that about any Vol opponent but it seems that we find ways to beat them. I think they were once beating us 34 to 0 or something like that in a game past and we won that one too.
I think you are talking about 2001. They had us down 21-0 early in the game. We came back and won 38-35. Their big QB (Jared Lorenzon, RIP) wore us out that day, and we had a good defense that year too.

I think you are talking about 2001. They had us down 21-0 early in the game. We came back and won 38-35. Their big QB (Jared Lorenzon, RIP) wore us out that day, and we had a good defense that year too.
That is it thought it was worse but yes that is the one. Thanks

I think if Stoops can get an offer for a better gig, he's outta there. But yes, he's made KY very competitive. Seems like the same problem they've always had...can't get enough Jimmies and Joes beyond their first team.
Florida State is available.

Reactions: Vol737
AND If it hadn't been UK, that game WAS Over. Both teams sucked. Period. If you possess the ball 42+mins you spose to win. lol
No it wasn't over regardless of who we were playing, games are 4 quarters for a reason, halftime adjustments defensively and JG coming in won the game. Supposed is the word your looking for and yes the team that controls the clock usually wins bit not always, defense played pretty good the second half and took away their gameplan. A game is never over until they've played 60 mins or longer if ot

Reactions: livefaith
i was there ! 17 years old. Colder than a witches tit. Standing in line trying to get hoy chocolate @ halftime and some Kid, probably 13-15 was trash talking behind me . I literally farted on him . Second half Peyton did the same thing to not only their team but their entire fan base as well. Oh to be young again. Ate with my grandfather @ Talbots tavern after the game . Good times

I think the "while most people on this board have been alive" is a bit longer than 9-15 years. Hopefully anyway. :)

Kentucky is 2-7 vs Tennessee in the last 9, but also 2-33 in the last 35.
Exactly.

UT has won 41% of their games (49 total) against UF. Most of which have been played during UFs best years as a program.

UT has won 39% of their games against Bama. (94 less ties)

UK has won 24% of their games against UT. (106 total, less ties)

VN Store

Back