Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

Credit Kellie's dwindling number of supporters for some creative mental gymnastics to continue to defend her performance. Hey, if the expectation is third place in the conference and making the semifinals of the conference tournament, there's no question Kellie was a homerun hire.

Checkmate negavols...

Credit Kellie's dwindling number of supporters for some creative mental gymnastics to continue to defend her performance. Hey, if the expectation is third place in the conference and making the semifinals of the conference tournament, there's no question Kellie was a homerun hire.

Checkmate negavols...
Even if we won a championship you’d find something to complain about. They can’t please everybody, especially you and ur little posse.

Here's the "redemption" game everyone wanted. Chatter on the forum all season has been "LSU is overrated," "Tennessee would be ranked as high as LSU with their schedule," "Tennessee would beat LSU away from their homecourt," etc. Well, now we will find out, and Kellie has one more opportunity to get a signature victory this season. Let's see what you've got...

transformers-impress.gif

Even if we won a championship you’d find something to complain about. They can’t please everybody, especially you and ur little posse.
EBCD3FFB-FEC0-4BF2-B7AF-C39089ACE14B.jpeg

….strange. I googled “your posse of snark” and got images of uterus memes. What’s up with that? Asking a serious question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2

I’ll accept that challenge if they win. I’d like to find something not positive of winning a championship. I’ll do my part if CKH does hers.

I have been very critical of Coach Harper and she is trying to prove me wrong. Great job Ladies
Me too. I'm not convinced she's elite for beating the 2nd ranked team when we we're used to national championships and SEC titles etc but this was a big win and they are already farther then I predicted .....so kudos. At the least this makes me respect her more as a coach....even if we lose tomorrow. I totally did not expect to beat Mulkey and LSU today so I'm pleasantly surprised. Give Kellie credit.

Here's the "redemption" game everyone wanted. Chatter on the forum all season has been "LSU is overrated," "Tennessee would be ranked as high as LSU with their schedule," "Tennessee would beat LSU away from their homecourt," etc. Well, now we will find out, and Kellie has one more opportunity to get a signature victory this season. Let's see what you've got...

transformers-impress.gif
kellie not going any where soon.

transformers-impress.gif

Had plans tonight and figured they would lose anyway so had to catch this one later on DVR... and I'm impressed. While this win doesn't completely salvage a disappointing regular season, it's definitely a strong step in the right direction. Credit to Kellie for rallying the team to a much needed signature win.

Playing with house money tomorrow, might as well do it again..

Had plans tonight and figured they would lose anyway so had to catch this one later on DVR... and I'm impressed. While this win doesn't completely salvage a disappointing regular season, it's definitely a strong step in the right direction. Credit to Kellie for rallying the team to a much needed signature win.

Playing with house money tomorrow, might as well do it again..

Dude, get yourself to the hospital. You must have malaria :)

transformers-impress.gif

Once again, Loyal Darth's confidence in Kellie and the team was rewarded.

Reactions: Bret178
I want to support Kellie. She impressed me as a player.

I believe she wants to honor the legacy of Pat.

To do so is to win a NC.

How tough or easy the schedule was is a thing of the past.

Win the SEC tourney and make it to Sweet 16. Those are steps in the right direction.

Recruit and win are the keys to success.

Last edited:
Candace Parker might be a great coach at the college level but I don’t think it is A Slam Dunk like some of you think. Has there ever been a HOF Pro basketball player that became a great college coach??? I wouldn’t say Penny Hardaway or Juwan Howard have met expectations and it looks like Patrick Ewing will be fired at Georgetown.

Candace Parker might be a great coach at the college level but I don’t think it is A Slam Dunk like some of you think. Has there ever been a HOF Pro basketball player that became a great college coach??? I wouldn’t say Penny Hardaway or Juwan Howard have met expectations and it looks like Patrick Ewing will be fired at Georgetown.
But the difference is that it’s the women’s game and her status would get her the top recruits which is going to help her coaching just like getting the top recruits is helping coach Staley’s coaching

Reactions: LadyVol1908
But the difference is that it’s the women’s game and her status would get her the top recruits which is going to help her coaching just like getting the top recruits is helping coach Staley’s coaching
i think as an absolute statement that may be a stretch..... candace will get the best recruits because of her status? Leapfrog Staley, Kim and the rest of the top echelon? idealsitic thinking IMHO

There is another forum that's all positive all the time. You might enjoy it more. Easier to join up w a culture you enjoy than to change one you don't. Especially on a sports forum!
I disagree this forum needs more positivity . This forum has too many so called” experts” that condescend to others and really just come off “ bitchy “. Our proud program deserves better and Pat’s legacy deserves better .

Checkmate negavols...
Number 1 with bitchy comments . Our AD is fully behind Kellie and knows the hell the team has been through ( I’m in Murfreesboro and I know way more about what happened to us ) . The game has changed and it’s a long hard slog to get to the top and not a sprint . Our coach has restored the culture and lady vol pride . She will have time to build us into a championship contender .

Duke isn’t playing the schedule we are . The acc is way down . Not impressed at all . Kelli is a better coach .
If you take out South Carolina at 5-0, the rest of the SEC is 4 - 50 against AP ranked teams. One of those wins (and one loss) occurred because the LV's beat LSU. 2 wins (And the only out of conference wins against AP ranked teams that weren't won by SC) were by Arkansas.
The stats can be found on ESPN if you go to NCAA women's basketball, then SEC and then standings.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back