Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

I mean you see what Kellie was able to accomplish when she actually managed to land one Rickea... not much. Think high profile transfers this year aren't paying attention?

I'm sure Kellie will go back to her usual MO and cobble together a team with mid-major castoffs to go along with whatever veteran players she can convince to stay. Watch out South Carolina...
You’re a little harsh imo. I think with the supporting cast the lady Vols are about where they should be in the sec standings. The record against good teams is very disappointing for sure. We played some very good teams and should have won against someone. I’m afraid this will end badly for Kellie next year. Too bad, so many of us hoped she was the answer. Maybe we will hire a coach that’s qualified to be at a major school next time, someone with an excellent track record. I guess we are out of ex lady vol players. I’m sure so many will want to hire the Duke coach. I’m guessing she’s happy there.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I am a huge Vol Fan of all TN sports. I look forward to the year and following when our beloved Lady Vols are back to competing for all championships. Kellie has definitely had bad luck these last 2 years with injuries and hopefully this team draws the bracket they can get to Elite 8 or even final 4 until the last game is played there is hope because there is enough on this team to get there. Now next year no doubt portal has to be good to us and I will wait to judge next year's team until then. If Kellie is successful getting us there wonderful I hope she does really like her alot. If not I will root for the next hire to get us there. Go Lady Vols. In CHRIST Alone

You’re a little harsh imo. I think with the supporting cast the lady Vols are about where they should be in the sec standings. The record against good teams is very disappointing for sure. We played some very good teams and should have won against someone. I’m afraid this will end badly for Kellie next year. Too bad, so many of us hoped she was the answer. Maybe we will hire a coach that’s qualified to be at a major school next time, someone with an excellent track record. I guess we are out of ex lady vol players. I’m sure so many will want to hire the Duke coach. I’m guessing she’s happy there.
Lawson is not the answer

Lawson cannot coach offense. You think our team is hard to watch offensively , watch a duke game. They REALLY struggle to put the ball in the hoop.
Just have to score more than the other team. Seems her team does that part of the game pretty well. Not sure if that is a criteria in coaching.

Lawson cannot coach offense. You think our team is hard to watch offensively , watch a duke game. They REALLY struggle to put the ball in the hoop.
Duke doesn’t have half the talent we have, but they’re winning more than we are.

LV’s are 3rd in the SEC with one of those teams above them being one of the best women’s basketball teams of all time. To suggest KJH is on the hot seat is absurd.
While KJH may not be on the hot seat, there need to be some soul searching as to recruitment and player development issues. For example Puckett seemed like she had a boat load of potential last year but seem to have taken a step back.

Reactions: Deebowbear
While KJH may not be on the hot seat, there need to be some soul searching as to recruitment and player development issues. For example Puckett seemed like she had a boat load of potential last year but seem to have taken a step back.

I'm most disappointed in the defensive and rebounding regression. I'm sure part of it is losing Key but if our defense and rebounding was as good as it was last year, we would be a top 5 team.

Something to be said about this. Get more with less. Good ones find ways to do it with the roster provided. Pearl year 1 here as a prime example.
I think it can be truly said that we have done less with more. Duke’s does not have what we have, especially a player like Jackson or Horston but Lawson has adopted her team to fit what she has. They have a poor offensive team but have an excellent defensive team. You know when you play them, you will be lucky if you score over 65 points.

Duke doesn’t have half the talent we have, but they’re winning more than we are.
Something to be said about this. Get more with less. Good ones find ways to do it with the roster provided. Pearl year 1 here as a prime example.

playing more cupcakes on their schedule, as well...If we had played their schedule,,our win total would surpass theirs easily

ThisI do agree with..both her confidence and mechanics has faltered

playing more cupcakes on their schedule, as well...If we had played their schedule,,our win total would surpass theirs easily

ThisI do agree with..both her confidence and mechanics has faltered

we had plenty of cupcakes on our schedule as well.

#2 sos. Use a diffrient argument then amount of cupcakes. Always something to complain about with u. You’d rather see us lose then win im starting to believe.
No, it’s balance to the statement made previously. We seem to forget cupcakes that pad the numbers, Wofford, UTC, Rutgers, EKU, Wright St..SEC Vandy and KY. I’d rather them start winning the games that matter. Nothing more nothing less. You have to

Reactions: Voluble2

VN Store

Back