Kavanaugh Confirmation

True.. I won't pretend I'm in favor of Kavanaugh, but some readings of his past opinions suggest he's not such a good pairing for the Republicans either.

All I can do is share my thoughts, and some distain for the circumstances.

I truly think he’s a pretty fair judge from what I’ve read of his opinions

Since we've moved from nomination to the confirmation process, I thought I'd start a new thread. What better way to start than this doozy. The first is grassley demanding the production of ALL of Kagan's docs from her time in the WH counsel's office

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4741788/grassley-kagan-documents

Now, when the shoe is on the other foot, he wants to proceed to confirmation hearings when only a small fraction of Kavanaugh's documents from his days in the WH counsel's office have been produced.

Anyone care to defend?

Whats there to defend?

It’s common sense. Trump and the GOP have zero desire to wait until the Democrats take over the house and possibly the senate. Again I am not defending it. Simply pointing out making up conspiracy theories is stupid. Look at the most plausible explanation and it’s usually the accurate one.

GOP sets deadline for Kavanaugh documents; Dems say they’re being cut out

The Dems taking the House is irrelevant. The House has no say in it. And no one seems to think the Dems will take the Senate, even on their best day. What's the rush?

The Dems taking the House is irrelevant. The House has no say in it. And no one seems to think the Dems will take the Senate, even on their best day. What's the rush?

What have the timelines been in the past?

No rush. We really should wait for his high school English papers and his JR high diary. They’d be just as relevant as his White House work.

Never ever listen to a DEM on this or anything else when they are trying to tell Repubs what to do. You always push through a SC nomination because nothing is certain except for the current moment.

Reactions: 0nelilreb

Many models are showing the Senate to be close. I don’t think it will be. And surely no one would stoop to the level of claiming an impeached president shouldn’t have his nominee out to a vote? I mean you guys would never do that. Trump needs to push this through now. Stop with your crazy.

Kavenaughs documents are in the White House out box to be delivered to the Senate. They're right behind the subpoenaed documents from Bengazi, Hillary's emails, Fast and Furious and the IRS investigation.

I laughed when I thought “ right , what’s the rush “ LOL

Kavenaughs documents are in the White House out box to be delivered to the Senate. They're right behind the subpoenaed documents from Bengazi, Hillary's emails, Fast and Furious and the IRS investigation.

The obvious difference is that Trump is claiming executive privilege over the documents of GW's Whitehouse, which have been cleared by Bush's people.

Sticking with the expediency argument will probably work, but pretending it isn't suspicious, is like pretending it doesn't matter if Kavanaugh had lied during a previous confirmation.

The obvious difference is that Trump is claiming executive privilege over the documents of GW's Whitehouse, which have been cleared by Bush's people.

Sticking with the expediency argument will probably work, but pretending it isn't suspicious, is like pretending it doesn't matter if Kavanaugh had lied during a previous confirmation.

I would rather just go with the argument that “ they can “ when it comes to a time table of pushing a nominee through to the bench , just like the Dems would be doing if they had control . That pretty much take care of the whole argument . You can’t start out by publicly saying “ we must voted down Kavanaugh before you ever meet with him “ then claim now you want to do you due diligence . That’s just playing politics lol

Reactions: BigOrangeD

The entire Democratic Party said they would not vote for anyone on the list before the monination. Why do they need to see any documents at all only to vote no?

Word went out that Kavanaugh will skate through this confirmation.

VN Store

Back