Kavanaugh Confirmation

evillawyer

Dark Brandon, B*tches!
Since we've moved from nomination to the confirmation process, I thought I'd start a new thread. What better way to start than this doozy. The first is grassley demanding the production of ALL of Kagan's docs from her time in the WH counsel's office

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4741788/grassley-kagan-documents

Now, when the shoe is on the other foot, he wants to proceed to confirmation hearings when only a small fraction of Kavanaugh's documents from his days in the WH counsel's office have been produced.

Anyone care to defend?

This isn't looking good for the President. Deciding to block the release of Kavanaugh documents from the time in the G.W. admin. Bush's people cleared their release, but POTUS wants to keep them secret. It's his pick, but he doesn't want transparency.

It's more than fair to ask WTF?

Reactions: n_huffhines
This isn't looking good for the President. Deciding to block the release of Kavanaugh documents from the time in the G.W. admin. Bush's people cleared their release, but POTUS wants to keep them secret. It's his pick, but he doesn't want transparency.

It's more than fair to ask WTF?
My guess is ties to the torture memos.

Since we've moved from nomination to the confirmation process, I thought I'd start a new thread. What better way to start than this doozy. The first is grassley demanding the production of ALL of Kagan's docs from her time in the WH counsel's office

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4741788/grassley-kagan-documents

Now, when the shoe is on the other foot, he wants to proceed to confirmation hearings when only a small fraction of Kavanaugh's documents from his days in the WH counsel's office have been produced.

Anyone care to defend?

Is this a problem? When did the left start caring about documents, emails etc? I hope Trump destroyed them all just to watch your head explode.

My guess is ties to the torture memos.

Right, because if they exist, would indicate he lied in a previous confirmation hearing. Would be hard to defend that in a Supreme Court nominee.

Though I'm sure some would try.

The blocking of the memos by THIS White House suggests strongly that Trump got a pledge from him to help block a subpoena of Trump and these documents show he would be amenable to protecting the president. My guess is that if Bush okayed the release, we will start hearing from his people about Kavanaugh's being a Trump plant to block Mueller.

The blocking of the memos by THIS White House suggests strongly that Trump got a pledge from him to help block a subpoena of Trump and these documents show he would be amenable to protecting the president. My guess is that if Bush okayed the release, we will start hearing from his people about Kavanaugh's being a Trump plant to block Mueller.

You forgot to include the Russians in your conspiracy.

But it's hard to retort the "Nana Nana Boo Boo" argument.

Does it ever get exhausting coming up with these narratives?

The blocking is all about expediting the confirmation process to insure it happens before the midterms. You know that. I am not saying that’s right. But that’s the reason. Not whatever nonsense you just tried to claim. Be honest.

The blocking is all about expediting the confirmation process to insure it happens before the midterms. You know that. I am not saying that’s right. But that’s the reason. Not whatever nonsense you just tried to claim. Be honest.
....and there's your answer.

Does it ever get exhausting coming up with these narratives?

Not so much a narrative, as it is questionable decision by POTUS to conceal relevant documents concerning his nomination. As far as I am aware the President is the only person objecting.

The question is a legitimate one.

No it doesn’t

Not so much a narrative, as it is questionable decision by POTUS to conceal relevant documents concerning his nomination. As far as I am aware the President is the only person objecting.

The question is a legitimate one.
We can argue over whether the documents themselves are relevant, but it's worthless to screech about some made up conspiracy and use it as evidence.

Yep. They’re trying to minimize the foot dragging the left will guarantee happens.

Regardless Repubs won’t lose the Senste so this is just so much more obstruction by the left.

We can argue over whether the documents themselves are relevant, but it's worthless to screech about some made up conspiracy and use it as evidence.

Sure enough.. Will be a spirited confirmation, regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stew Cook
I don't think so, it's kind of their obligation to vet the judges. Especially the Supremes.
No it is the job of the Senate judiciary committee to review, vet, and make the recommendation. It always has been. Until the Dims weaponized the vote with Bork, Thomas, etc...

VN Store

Back