Joker (October 4, 2019)

I admitted somewhere that I was mostly just messing with Newt. I don't think AD is as hot as he does, but yes, I like AD's breasteses better. Her eyes too.
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: FLVOL_79
C'mon. Where do we draw the line on this? Don't ever say anything negative to anybody cuz it may set them off. You never know. Kids getting bad grades might set them off...cuz it makes them feel bad...and they may get a hold of an AK and shoot something up because of it. If people are nuts...they're nuts.

Missed this earlier. What are you asking? The studio issued a disclaimer and my only point is that it isn't weird or uncalled for. It was their choice to do so. Nobody made them. No idea what you're going on about. I'm not saying ban anything or restrict speech. The irony is you guys seem to be upset something was said, not me.

Just saw it in IMAX. Wow. Phoenix delivers one of the best performances I’ve ever seen. Ledger would’ve been proud. Greatly written too. No doubt Phoenix will be up for an Oscar.

And may I add that it has some disturbing scenes.

Just saw it in IMAX. Wow. Phoenix delivers one of the best performances I’ve ever seen. Ledger would’ve been proud. Greatly written too. No doubt Phoenix will be up for an Oscar.

And may I add that it has some disturbing scenes.

Is it grounded in the comics or goes off the reservation?

Seeing it next weekend but curious.

Just watched it. Thought it was phenomenal. My friend said it was boring. Its an artsy film for sure, but at the same time one of the best super hero origin movies I’ve ever seen.

Is it grounded in the comics or goes off the reservation?

Seeing it next weekend but curious.

It makes references to the comics, some good references actually. But it definitely takes a story of its own and has some twists.

Reactions: NEO
Just watched it. Thought it was phenomenal. My friend said it was boring. Its an artsy film for sure, but at the same time one of the best super hero origin movies I’ve ever seen.
A lot of people are comparing it to Taxi Driver. Would you say that's pretty accurate?

Just watched it. 4/5. I don’t want to say anything else about it. I liked it. But I could completely understand someone hating it. Even a fan of Batman comics or more specifically, the Joker.

I know this movie is intended to be standalone and I agree that it’s probably best that it is. But damn I want to see more of Phoenix’s Joker.

That was something man. Incredibly heavy and dark. It’s not a superhero movie at all nor should you look at it by one. It’s a psychological thriller

I went yesterday to see Joker. It wasn't a bad movie but it is not the "best movie of the year "as a lot of people are saying. I thought Phoenix did a good job, but he was too old to play Fleck. (I think that there should be about 10-20 years difference between Batman and Joker). Now the scenery and mood was great but this movie could have been called Taxi Driver 2.

2.5 / 5

The clown riots didn't make a lot of sense and I feel like it was forced into the movie.

Joker could have tracked down the punks that jumped him in the beginning of the movie and killed them, either in the end credits or instead of the clown riots.

I know this was an origin story but it protrayed Arthur Fleck as dumb and almost gay at times. The Joker is supposed to be a mentally deranged, super villain. He's Batman's arch nemesis, not a slow witted "gump" of a man. Batman would have no trouble beating this version of the Joker the 1st time they meet.

Batman (1989) did the best job of showing the Joker's tranformation and The Dark Knight did the best job of showing how smart and sinister the Joker can be.

The Joker is my favorite DC villain, this movie should've been set when Arthur Fleck was in his late 20's, instead of his early 50's, it would've made more sense.

I went yesterday to see Joker. It wasn't a bad movie but it is not the "best movie of the year "as a lot of people are saying. I thought Phoenix did a good job, but he was too old to play Fleck. (I think that there should be about 10-20 years difference between Batman and Joker). Now the scenery and mood was great but this movie could have been called Taxi Driver 2.

2.5 / 5

The clown riots didn't make a lot of sense and I feel like it was forced into the movie.

Joker could have tracked down the punks that jumped him in the beginning of the movie and killed them, either in the end credits or instead of the clown riots.

I know this was an origin story but it protrayed Arthur Fleck as dumb and almost gay at times. The Joker is supposed to be a mentally deranged, super villain. He's Batman's arch nemesis, not a slow witted "gump" of a man. Batman would have no trouble beating this version of the Joker the 1st time they meet.

Batman (1989) did the best job of showing the Joker's tranformation and The Dark Knight did the best job of showing how smart and sinister the Joker can be.

The Joker is my favorite DC villain, this movie should've been set when Arthur Fleck was in his late 20's, instead of his early 50's, it would've made more sense.

Phoenix is basically playing a 30 year old, even though in reality he’s in his mid 40s. They did their best to make him seem younger. But I agree that the timeline would be weird when Batman begins his rise and the Joker in his early 50s.

Phoenix is basically playing a 30 year old, even though in reality he’s in his mid 40s. They did their best to make him seem younger. But I agree that the timeline would be weird when Batman begins his rise and the Joker in his early 50s.

The anti smoking crowd need to use Arthur Fleck as their new poster boy. That'd for sure turn the young folks off to smoking. Lol

VN Store

Back