Joker (October 4, 2019)

It got a standing ovation at a recent film festival and there were leaks that got out that showed the true darkness of the film. With it being rated R, it’s not your typical superhero type film.

I’m pumped for this film. This is going to be a classic and an epic performance by Phoenix.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
DC can't hold Marvel's jock when it comes to well timed releases and cohesive plots. DC's problem is desperately wanting to keep pace with Marvel though they are years behind. They make decent to good films but Marvel is making great ones.
They focused on a common theme and merely hinted at it after the credits. That and the vastly better CGI and acting/casting helped make up the vast lead that Nolan had given the DC Batman franchise. Never have gotten the Superman character and story right and EVERYONE growing up knew who he was. Not so Iron Man or Thor...even Captain America would draw a blank gaze from some asking about my comic books in grade school.

Reactions: BreatheUT
She is gorgeous. My type and everything: tall, dark hair, dark eyes. But that still doesn't make it a good movie. Transparent, obvious, and no depth. Not worth a watch, in my opinion.

It made a lot of money because people were looking for a female hero movie but definitely a movie only worth watching once. The fact that she doesn't get her @zz kicked one time made it unreasonable but you knew they wouldn't let a woman get slapped around, beat down or body slammed like with male heroes. The best thing about it to me was her being gorgeous and the theme music. DC don't know what to do.

Here's why Warner Brothers/DC released that statement

Batman shooting families 'horrified' by Joker film

The movie is about a guy who has been rejected by society and turns super violent, and this is a real fear with people because it actually is a problem in America. The director was freaking out over this and pointed out that there is no warning for John Wick but John Wick is an obviously fake world and he kills assassins. Nobody is going to be inspired by John Wick to go shoot up the mall. Will that be the case with Joker? IDK. I haven't seen it yet but I have no choice but to admit that this is a possibility.

The movie is about a guy who has been rejected by society and turns super violent, and this is a real fear with people because it actually is a problem in America. The director was freaking out over this and pointed out that there is no warning for John Wick but John Wick is an obviously fake world and he kills assassins. Nobody is going to be inspired by John Wick to go shoot up the mall. Will that be the case with Joker? IDK. I haven't seen it yet but I have no choice but to admit that this is a possibility.
C'mon. Where do we draw the line on this? Don't ever say anything negative to anybody cuz it may set them off. You never know. Kids getting bad grades might set them off...cuz it makes them feel bad...and they may get a hold of an AK and shoot something up because of it. If people are nuts...they're nuts.

C'mon. Where do we draw the line on this? Don't ever say anything negative to anybody cuz it may set them off. You never know. Kids getting bad grades might set them off...cuz it makes them feel bad...and they may get a hold of an AK and shoot something up because of it. If people are nuts...they're nuts.
Maybe you shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about.

Reactions: OG.V83

People can be inspired by anything. How many young people have been “inspired “ by rap music to get involved in gangs/street culture and killed or been killed? It’s a freaking comic book movie. People are so mentally fragile today it’s sickening.

People can be inspired by anything. How many young people have been “inspired “ by rap music to get involved in gangs/street culture and killed or been killed? It’s a freaking comic book movie. People are so mentally fragile today it’s sickening.

The disclaimer isn't about the fragility of society, it's about legal liability.

And this is another problematic comparison like John Wick. The large majority of rap music only glorifies violence within the game or against people who have specifically wronged you, not violence against innocent members of society. The joker is essentially a terrorist.

Now IDK how they depict the joker but if they make him sympathetic then i can see why the studio is being cautious. Let's say he's a radicalized Muslim terrorist because we killed his innocent brother with a drone....would it be weird if the studio clarified that they don't condone Islamic terrorism?

I do agree the stuff bearcat is talking about is bizarre

Last edited:
bingo

VN Store

Back