Joker (October 4, 2019)

This has a chance to be brilliant. I'll reserve judgment until it's finished though. Joaquin Phoenix gets a bad rap. He was phenomenal in "Walk the Line" as Johnny Cash. I think he can pull this off. If he gets some help from writing and direction, who knows? I'll at least watch it (with bated breath, of course). Looking forward to it.

His best performance to date remains Space Camp.

A
This has a chance to be brilliant. I'll reserve judgment until it's finished though. Joaquin Phoenix gets a bad rap. He was phenomenal in "Walk the Line" as Johnny Cash. I think he can pull this off. If he gets some help from writing and direction, who knows? I'll at least watch it (with bated breath, of course). Looking forward to it.
A bad rap? Most consider him one of the greatest working today.

A

A bad rap? Most consider him one of the greatest working today.

I was speaking more to the Hollywood crowd than to the general public. I think it's his brother. River was amazing but being constantly compared to someone who isn't here anymore isn't fair.

I, for one, consider Joaquin ridiculously good at his job.

Figured. If dudes weren't so gung ho on Gal Gadot being hot it would have tanked.

She is gorgeous. My type and everything: tall, dark hair, dark eyes. But that still doesn't make it a good movie. Transparent, obvious, and no depth. Not worth a watch, in my opinion.

Reactions: BreatheUT
She is gorgeous. My type and everything: tall, dark hair, dark eyes. But that still doesn't make it a good movie. Transparent, obvious, and no depth. Not worth a watch, in my opinion.

I'm in the minority, she doesn't really do it for me. If Alexandria Daddario had been cast, I would have camped outside the theater.

In fairness there isn’t a superhero movie to date that has surprised me with the plot. They are all pretty predictable. More about the journey.

WondEr Woman was really good. The climax was cliche but what superhero movie isn’t.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
I think you have it backwards but I get that I am a party of one on this so whateves.

I actually don't think Gal is all that hot, she's just really pretty, but Alexandria is just okay with beautiful eyes.

But I do believe there is a party of two in your tent.

Reactions: Charlie Kelly
I actually don't think Gal is all that hot, she's just really pretty, but Alexandria is just okay with beautiful eyes.

Thats all it takes according to abducted in plain sight #release

Have to be honest, Im really torn on this movie. The Joker is my absolute favorite comic book character next to Batman. I just didn't get a good feeling about this movie from the trailer. Didn't hate it but didn't love it either. I guess I'm in a wait and see mode right now but I just can't see the Joker and no Batman to. They are so intertwined with each other that you can't have one without the other. I get its an Elseworld version but I just don't get it

I watched the trailer again and I think it’s going to be a masterpiece. I’m already hoping Phoenix gets a 2nd film with his version of the Joker.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa

I'm starting to believe you revel in the sarcastic, passive-aggressive shtick (I'm a slow learner). Lulz (as you would say), is appropriate here.

Either way, I find you funny whether it be intentional or unintentional. Good on you. I know you harbor no feelings of respect for me and the feeling is mutual, however, sarcastic is my bread and butter so it's nice to read a fellow professional at his trade every now and then.

And yeah, Alexandria does more for me than Gal does. It's the eyes 100 percent.

You got me all wrong, Chuck. What's this about no respect for you? Lulz. I used to hate that word and made fun of those who used it, so now Ive no other choice but to embrace any and all mocking.

Although I do like Gadot better than Daddario, I was just messing with Newt.

You got me all wrong, Chuck. What's this about no respect for you? Lulz. I used to hate that word and made fun of those who used it, so now Ive no other choice but to embrace any and all mocking.

Although I do like Gadot better than Daddario, I was just messing with Newt.

Fair enough (is it weird I like being called Chuck even though that isn't my name and that you may be saying it mockingly?). Maybe I mistook you. My apologies.

Gadot, Daddario, whoever.... They're all out of any of our leagues haha. I think they're all gorgeous. Except for Sara Jessica Parker. I used to date a girl who loved "Sex and the City". She said she wanted to look and be like her. I told her if she did then this relationship would instantly become strained beyond repair. Obviously it didn't last. One of my red flags is materialistic girls. You just can't win with women like that so I don't even bother.

There's a theory that this movie will be cannon with the upcoming Batman movie. The theory is that this Joker will inspire someone a lot younger to take up the Joker mantle and become Batman's greatest foe.

VN Store

Back