Joker (October 4, 2019)

Heath Ledger is still my favorite joker.

This movie looks too much like a money grab.

Reactions: LouderVol
Will this movie have Batman in a small role? Seems like it would be weird to have a stand alone film without some sort of interaction between the 2.

Will this movie have Batman in a small role? Seems like it would be weird to have a stand alone film without some sort of interaction between the 2.
I heard that the boy in the trailer that the joker forces to smile is supposed to be a young Bruce Wayne.

Other than Nolan's trifecta that is not a tough assignment.
well, true lol.

but they have come out with several movies since then, and while i really liked Man of Steel, the rest of the justice league movies, suicide squad, aquaman etc...have been just ok....i liked Wonder Woman....

and even the trifecta you refer to, the dark knight was hands down the best one of the 3....and a lot of that was because of Ledger and his Joker......

i'd probably go TDK, WW, MOS as my top three....and i think this movie could be up there, or better, than those three.....

anyway......

well, true lol.

but they have come out with several movies since then, and while i really liked Man of Steel, the rest of the justice league movies, suicide squad, aquaman etc...have been just ok....i liked Wonder Woman....

and even the trifecta you refer to, the dark knight was hands down the best one of the 3....and a lot of that was because of Ledger and his Joker......

i'd probably go TDK, WW, MOS as my top three....and i think this movie could be up there, or better, than those three.....

anyway......

It's Nolan's movies then....a load of crap. don't @me

th

This has a chance to be brilliant. I'll reserve judgment until it's finished though. Joaquin Phoenix gets a bad rap. He was phenomenal in "Walk the Line" as Johnny Cash. I think he can pull this off. If he gets some help from writing and direction, who knows? I'll at least watch it (with bated breath, of course). Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
It's Nolan's movies then....a load of crap. don't @me

No superhero movie, Marvel or DC, even comes close to Nolan's Batman trilogy. It's just laughable that anyone would try and compare them. They're not in the same league and it's not even close. "Infinity War" looks like a children's toy compared to "The Dark Knight'.

It would be like someone offering to buy me Taco Bell off a food cart as i'm walking into a Michelin starred restaurant. Yeah........ I'll pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokeytom
The Batman movie with Heath Ledger was okay, rest of them sucked. Where's the first bracket? I didn't see it I don't think.

I've decided to move forward to version 2. "This town needs an enema!"

I did it about 5 years ago. I won't say who won to spoil it for the newer posters.

Reactions: Behr
I watched SS again the other night and Leto’s joker is great. Looks like he is taking on another villian role.

VN Store

Back