Joe Milton coming to UT? (transfer from Mich)

Goodbye Bailey...the biggest hoax in qb recruiting history
Not so fast. Salter at this point is an immature thug (yes -acknowledged by his own tweet) and Bailey is a good guy who showed some flashes of being a good Qb in his limited opportunities. It is completely disingenuous to claim a recruiting hoax. Bailey’s team won a state championship against top competition and his stats are there for all to see.

Did Bailey or someone in his family personally disrespect you or injure you or do you randomly hate him? I don’t understand your claim at all.

If he can find the right system. Arkansas could be a possibility. Miss St? USCe? NC State?
I think he would have the same problem at Arkansas and usce as he does with this new system. Ms state makes a ton of sense because he doesn’t ask the QB to stretch the ball deep, leach is more about accuracy that makes the right plays

So he came out a plus against ostate as a freshman and winged the ball 70 yards into the endzone and to the outside shoulder against indiana... but not good enough... meanwhile you insist on a qb with a short stiff arm. got it ut.
So he threw a ball 70 yards against OSU what is impressive about that. It was not completed. Is it more impressive because he threw it that far against OSU? That doesn’t really impress me.

Y'all get ready to squeal if a coach whose last name rhymes with whippin' gets Bailey in 48 hours if he goes into the portal.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I think he would have the same problem at Arkansas and usce as he does with this new system. Ms state makes a ton of sense because he doesn’t ask the QB to stretch the ball deep, leach is more about accuracy that makes the right plays
GT has a similar system from what i've seen and Harrison Bailey could fit in there.

It sounds like most if not all the current quarterbacks don't fit the new system.
I can see where people would think that but if you look at Heupel's past QBs there doesn't appear to be a mold. He's had success with all types of QBs. All of our guys have question marks though in my mind... I question BM's tendancy to make mistakes with the ball. I question HB's leadership and competitiveness (his silence on social media when other leaders on the team were either transferring or putting out reassuring statements was deafening IMO). I question wheter or not Salter even has a brain. Hooker... I have no reason to question anything about Hooker. He seems solid, but he's only got 2 years of eligibility so....

My thought is we had a trash QB coach previously and from reading messages here it seemed everyone agreed but now it's we have trash QB's? I think with a good coach to coach them up properly they all have something to offer. Still will be people who disagree because they are never satisfied with whomever is at QB or RB or WR or LB or........

My thought is we had a trash QB coach previously and from reading messages here it seemed everyone agreed but now it's we have trash QB's? I think with a good coach to coach them up properly they all have something to offer. Still will be people who disagree because they are never satisfied with whomever is at QB or RB or WR or LB or........
Coaching was trash. But does it not strike you as odd or concerning that after most of spring he’s still looking to bolster that room? He’s got depth there, so why bring in another piece?

Reactions: Volhoosier
If Harrison Bailey is smart he would take a page out of Mack Jones book and be patience. If B.M is not the starting QB doesn't matter who it is he more than likely gone. Hooker and Milton are both SR. and are more than likely going to be one and done no matter what. Bailey needs to stay be calm, learn system and let the other 3 take each other out then work his way in.

Based on what do people think Milton is going to be the starting QB. He has thrown 152 passes with 56% completion rate and 5 TDs / 6 picks.
I'm looking at him as a project. He's got the best physical tools in our QB room. Not sure why he didn't do well at Michigan but Harbaugh isn't known for developing QBs. Heupel is. I'm excited to see what Heupel can do with this guys.

Just a guess based on nothing but highlights honestly but I think Hooker will starter in the opener. What will Milton (and Bailey) look like after 3 years of working with Heupel? Sky is the limit for both, IMO.

Reactions: Border Vol
If true, this is the first QB we can "pin on" Heupel and it gives us an idea of what he's looking for in a QB. Milton's big, his arm is big, and he's pretty quick to make decisions and go with it...... right or wrong.

Heupel seems to be betting he can mold Milton's decision making. This one is on Heupel if he can't.

And that QB room is getting a little too crowded..... which one flinches first?

If Harrison Bailey is smart he would take a page out of Mack Jones book and be patience. If B.M is not the starting QB doesn't matter who it is he more than likely gone. Hooker and Milton are both SR. and are more than likely going to be one and done no matter what. Bailey needs to stay be calm, learn system and let the other 3 take each other out then work his way in.
????

Hooker has 2 years of eligibility and Milton has 3.

1 and 2 years, respectively, if you don't include the COVID bonus year option.

Wtf. Why does everyone think this guy can be the starting QB? I saw this guy play in multiple games and he was awful. Bad accuracy, bad decision making, bad reads, bad throws.

Oh wait, I see... those are all traits for a Vol starting QB in the JG era.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
don't know what all this means for our QB's, but do think we've finally got someone who can develop the QB to the scheme for success. JH just needs to make sure he picks the RIGHT QB out of the gate. It's the only way he gets momentum rolling for program excitement and recruiting on both sides of the ball.

????

Hooker has 2 years of eligibility and Milton has 3.

1 and 2 years, respectively, if you don't include the COVID bonus year option.
Ok that is true thanks for the info and I just looked at Milton stats and what he has done with a little bit of coaching he could be the front runner jmo tho.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Salter is gone
Yeah I agree. He lost so much acumen when he allowed himself to get involved in the incident. Hard to trust a QB after something so incredibly stupid. Hopefully he’ll go somewhere and get a new start and grow up a little mentally and have a successful career. And maybe realize this is a gift and not a right to play college football. Not in the SEC of course.

VN Store

Back