Joe Milton coming to UT? (transfer from Mich)

ok...so....I would consider Joe Milton a somewhat common name....are we sure this is Joe Milton the former Michigan QB or is it Joe Milton some kid from Erwin?

Also, why is this a thread to trash all of our QBs. A lot of teams wanted Hooker to transfer there, Bailey was actually good for a freshman, highly recruited and could have been really good if he was given the chance earlier in the season, Mauer ran this offense in high school and put up crazy numbers...I like all 3 QBs and think this is our best QB options in 10+ years.

My point is why trash all of our current QBs when they are learning a new offense. We have no idea how they will look by the fall camp, what I do know is we will no longer have an issue going to our backup if our starter gets injured and we will play the qb that he thinks is the best for his offense. They will need to put in the effort this summer and whichever QB does that and learns the plays will be the starter. I am not sure how people think that a transfer will come in, learn the plays quicker without spring ball, have WRs to work with on the team and be our starter in the fall.

Salter is 17 just turning 18, and everyone thinks he should be grown up, he has a lot to learn, but has a lot of upside. He isn't "gone", he has to go through the student council process now. How about lets see how that plays out before Volnation kicks him off the team.
Not trashing anyone. Salter has just made some very, very bad decisions and then made them a million times worse by not being humble or repentant over them. Usually a kid that screws up issues an apology then disappears from making public statements for a long time. He went out and invited people to come "thug" with him. Even a 17 year old should have more wisdom than that.

I'm all for second chances. I think people are throwing Beasley overboard too quick. I have been high on Salter since he first became a serious recruit. But he's burned through his "second chances" too quick.

I think if Bailey transfers it will be because he recognizes this system and style of play are not tailored to his skill set. You have 4 guys in the room with the wheels to hurt the opponent either by breaking the pocket or designed runs. So do you design the O around what those guys can do... or around what the one other guy can do?

So you're saying he's Josh Dobbs from Michigan?

I'll allow it.
Not in my opinion. Dobbs was smart and played smart. I'm not as sure about Milton. MUCH better arm than Dobbs. Similar habit of being inaccurate in the "strike zone". Dobbs was nifty when running. Milton is a brute.

Very dissimilar players IMO. I think Tebow makes a good physical comparison except Milton has a much better throwing motion.

Milton couldn't cut the mustard at Michigan and was a terrible passer....... compound that with his attitude when benched in flipping off Michigan and it's fans. I'd rather have HB... Better QB in my opinion.
I don't know about that. Flipping off Michigan fans may be a point in his favor

against ohio state and indiana.

1: you guys asked.

2: i want to win.
He never played a competitive down vs OSU. In trash time as a Fr he went 2 for 3 with a pick against them. He had a good stat line vs IU but had 2 picks. The next week against Wisconsin he threw two picks and was benched in favor of Cade McNamara who is a year younger.

Reactions: OrangeVolMan
This dude sucked at Michigan we don’t need anymore QB’s need some linebackers.
IMO this means someone is leaving other than the Salter possibility and the coaches already know it.

My best guess is Bailey but it could be Maurer or even Hooker depending on how the new rule covers him. Anyway... I think the QB room is more likely to have 3 scholarship guys come August than 5.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
So he came out a plus against ostate as a freshman and winged the ball 70 yards into the endzone and to the outside shoulder against indiana... but not good enough... meanwhile you insist on a qb with a short stiff arm. got it ut.

Per Price:

Joe Milton is in the UT Student directory and is active
Per Wolverine Wire : Joe Milton transfer destination revealed, per report

The Tennessee football program has added another quarterback to their roster. As the NCAA adopted the one time transfer rule last week, it gave players around the country an opportunity at a fresh start.
This is exactly what former Michigan quarterback Joe Milton is looking for in Knoxville. According to multiple sources, the former Wolverine has been admitted into Tennessee for the 2021 summer session and will join the football team once spring practice ends. He has already been getting to know some of his future teammates in Knoxville, since he’s been around town.

I don't think you can say that at this point. He hasn't played much and has probably only scratched the surface of his potential.

But... he's probably the 3rd best arm in the room now and the slowest runner by far. That coupled with hints coming out of camp suggest he may be getting buried.
Matt Leinart had a noodle arm and ran like a sloth and he won a Heisman.... The thing he was good at is the thing I think Bailey is good at, throwing the ball to the person who is most open i.e. going through his progressions.

I still haven't given up on Bailey but this transfer makes me wonder what Heup thinks of the guys we currently have.

Matt Leinart had a noodle arm and ran like a sloth and he won a Heisman.... The thing he was good at is the thing I think Bailey is good at, throwing the ball where to the person who is most open.

I still haven't given up on Bailey but this transfer makes me wonder what Heup thinks of the guys we currently have.
It sounds like most if not all the current quarterbacks don't fit the new system.

I think HB and Salter will both be gone and BM wouldn't be a schock either if Milton is coming here to start.
I'm convinced that BM has the mentality that nothing will stand between him and his dream of becoming QB1 at Tennessee. If that boy hasn't transferred by now I don't think anything can make him bounce.

VN Store

Back