Joe Milton coming to UT? (transfer from Mich)

I said it before, I'll say it again: When you're in the doghouse, don't bark.

Twice, while suspended, Salter has shown his butt. He's got to either grow up or get out, period.

Maybe he thinks he's "too good" to face consequences but I'd remind him AND Coach Heupel of Coach John Wooden and Bill Walton.

Walton thought he was too good for Coach Wooden to cut and told his coach that he wasn't going to get his hair cut per Coach Wooden's policy.

Coach said, "I hate that you feel that way, Bill, the team is really going to miss you."

Bill Walton searched quickly for the nearest barber.
I don’t disagree that he should show better judgement. I was more so just making a joke about someone saying you can’t read or hear things 2nd and third hand and speculate or draw conclusions. And then see that person say definitively that he wasn’t inviting people to a Bible study (the possibility however slight, remains that there very well could be a campus Bible study or maybe outreach program called thuggin). I just found it funny. Figured I’d poke the toy poodle.

So then I am correct now in thinking that you personally went and interviewed salter and he stated point blank that thugging actually meant going to go do thuggish thing?
In a quick,like 30 seconds quick, google search I found that thuggin could mean chilling, it has also been used to describe someone that goes after things in a Brutish nature, for example, quit thuggin the door you will break the hinges. Or could be used to describe a female dressed as a Tom boy. I’m sure there are other meanings as well.

View attachment 363528
Give it a rest.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
He's a big pro-style quarterback. I doubt he's being brought in to play out of position.
I'm wondering if there's some kind of hybrid spread/wildcat idea cooking in Heupel's mind like having essentially two versatile QB/RB/slot athletes on the field at the same time perhaps giving a little more option to the option.

Or, maybe it's not just the QB room he's questioning. Maybe he feels Maurer isn't durable enough to run regularly AND he's iffy about our backs being able to open up the spread well enough for the air raid offense.

If you are right and that is the "question"... then Milton isn't the solution. He's a physically talented player that needs A LOT of work. He increases the "potential" in the room... but he doesn't elevate the reality of the room.
It might be that Milton has the raw materials to work with whereas the others are simply lacking in one area or another. Then again I can't imagine we are a trending destination for recruits or transfers right now. Doing what we can to plug holes and hope for progress this season. Getting some closure with the ncaa would be helpful but I doubt they'll move on our case anytime in the near future.

Reactions: sjt18
I’m all for having as many capable & talented guys we can get at QB. He might not pan out, or he may come in and win the starting job and totally wow us this season. I’m excited to see who wins between Milton, Hooker, and Maurer. Unfortunately, I think Bailey gets squeezed-out and Salter might never suit-up in the orange & white.

I understand it. You are the one who apparently does not. Or you may be trying to diminish the meaning to excuse him. It isn't a term used if you're inviting guys to go to Bible study or even a movie.

If you've just gotten in trouble for being a thug... you don't turn around and invite your buddies to come "thug" with you if you have any repentance or respect for your team or coaches.

Again, I argued against Beasley being thrown overboard unless it is a pattern of behavior. I believe in showing guys some grace if they have a screw up that isn't characteristic of their norm. Salter is making it a pattern of thought and behavior. He's making himself a distraction that no team needs.
Again you have idea of the meaning. You may know the definition from the dictionary but you don't speak the kids language

Again you have idea of the meaning. You may know the definition from the dictionary but you don't speak the kids language
Look man..... it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand what “thug” means. It sounds like he knows the term much better than you do tbh. I provided the actual definition and you continue to make excuses. Point is THERE IS NO EXCUSE

The kids know that it means what I said... or at least that's the most common meaning. They would term what he did to get in trouble "thuggin".

And you STILL ignore the FACT that it is HIS responsibility to choose his words well. I don't think I have misinterpreted what he meant. But even if I have, he should NEVER have allowed that possibility considering his other issues.

I'm wondering if there's some kind of hybrid spread/wildcat idea cooking in Heupel's mind like having essentially two versatile QB/RB/slot athletes on the field at the same time perhaps giving a little more option to the option.

Or, maybe it's not just the QB room he's questioning. Maybe he feels Maurer isn't durable enough to run regularly AND he's iffy about our backs being able to open up the spread well enough for the air raid offense.
I don't think he's the one you want running. 4.8 40, if that -- significantly slower than Maurer. If there's any deficiency they are trying to cover at QB, it's down field passing.

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
I don't think he's the one you want running. 4.8 40, if that -- significantly slower than Maurer. If there's any deficiency they are trying to cover at QB, it's down field passing.
I agree he's not fast but he may be more durable than Maurer and Milton isn't exactly an "on the money" passer either, though he seems to have a very strong arm.

I'm trying to understand why Heupel might be interested but perhaps he's not really interested.

The kids know that it means what I said... or at least that's the most common meaning. They would term what he did to get in trouble "thuggin".

And you STILL ignore the FACT that it is HIS responsibility to choose his words well. I don't think I have misinterpreted what he meant. But even if I have, he should NEVER have allowed that possibility considering his other issues.
So when these kids say let's Netflix and Chill, you believe they are talking about watching movies when in fact it means let's have sex. It's called slang but obviously you don't understand that and it's ok.

I agree he's not fast but he may be more durable than Maurer and Milton isn't exactly an "on the money" passer either, though he seems to have a very strong arm.

I'm trying to understand why Heupel might be interested but perhaps he's not really interested.
Wild guess it's because Heupel wants to stretch the field and he has reasonable confidence that Milton will be accurate enough. I think he's more likely to improve at throwing, which he already does, than he is to learn a new skill.

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
Wild guess it's because Heupel wants to stretch the field and he has reasonable confidence that Milton will be accurate enough. I think he's more likely to improve at throwing, which he already does, than he is to learn a new skill.
I'll agree about learning a new skill but Maurer and Bailey both have strong arms, maybe a tad less yardage than Milton, but it's not too often any team needs a 60yds in the air throw.

If he's not got confidence in the accuracy in the QB room, though, I trust Heupel's judgment.

VN Store

Back