JG stat

UT didn't have 200 yds passing vs Mizzou and dominated them on the ground. I've given JG a ton of credit for managing the run game well. That's no small thing. But he has not thrown the ball well compared to other SEC QB's. He's a liability.
I’m sure you can zip it around the yard so much better with an NFL caliber linebacker & two safeties drawing a bead on you 🙄 you armchair QBs are exhausting. JG has been doing just what he’s been asked to do so far in TWO games this season. No turnovers and solid yet not great play. They’re not asking him to be great, they just need him to not be the reason we lose the game.

I’m sure you can zip it around the yard so much better with an NFL caliber linebacker & two safeties drawing a bead on you 🙄 you armchair QBs are exhausting.
You do know how stupid that kind of diversion is, right? It has nothing to do with JG's performance or weaknesses as a passer. Are you really claiming that you do not criticize anyone or anything that you are not personally expert at?
JG has been doing just what he’s been asked to do so far in TWO games this season. No turnovers and solid yet not great play. They’re not asking him to be great, they just need him to not be the reason we lose the game.
And as I mentioned before, that might be good enough vs USCe and Mizzou. If UT is going to compete with UGA, UF, and Bama then they need more than that. Those crossing routes that receivers reached back and grabbed will be defended by the talent UGA has in the secondary. Drives stopped because he overthrows open receivers will cost more.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
To all the JG apologist...this is damning. He has significantly more experience than any other sec qb. Not to mention the best offensive line in the conference, great skill wrs, and a really proven oc. So disappointing that Pruitt won’t even consider opening up a competition for the spot. It’s his greatest shortcoming as a head coach thus far
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Is he great? No. Is he the best we have now? Yes. Go JG and GBO.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I believe in coach Pruitt, and if he's playing JG, I believe in JG, we as a whole need to stand together, and believe in this team and each and every player, they are giving there best, you can believe that.
Now, I might not like everything I see, but I believe this coaching staff is doing their best to put the right players in when they see best.
I think if we as a whole can stand behind this team, and let them play and have fun, this will be one of the best teams in the SEC this year, put your sun glasses on with (ear plugs) and let the coach's do the coaching and we just watch and make as much noise has we can during the games.

Think about that, with no stat's !!!!!

If there was a quarterback on the roster Pruitt thought would be a better option at this time I'm sure he would play that quarterback. Throwing Maurer in last year as a true freshman should show that he's open to quarterback competition so saying this is a shortcoming as a head coach seems inaccurate.

Can someone please point me in the direction of the good ol’ “JG sucks” thread, because the JG common core thread is making my head spin!
GBO!!

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
While I know it's early and things will change, many want to jump on this "stat" as "damning". Which would you prefer?

ATT COMP YARDS AVG. TD PASS INT TD RUN

72 42 507 7.0 4 1 0

55 38 390 7.1 1 1 3

54 33 449 8.3 2 0 3

54 39 412 6.4 3 2 0

We have a number of average to better than average QBs in the SEC. My point is you can't pull out one stat (which, by the way, does not consider dropped passes, experience of receivers, time to throw and the myriad of factors that go into passing stats), and use it to justify one's agenda.

LOL... you do it as much as anyone. Practically everyone on this board does it. What are you going to do now? Call me stupid again for not bowing to your opinion?
Hmm...SJT, can you show me one place where I criticized any of our players?

I am, at times, critical of coaches. But then, I'm always talking about their leadership performance. And that is a field in which I do feel a certain degree of experience and competence.

So...just one place where I criticized our players. I work hard to be supportive of the lads; I don't think you'll find one.

I thought you had a great idea. Let's all not criticize anyone or anything unless we are experts in the area. It's a super idea. Glad you came up with it.

Just one.

Last edited:
Hmm...SJT, can you show me one place where I criticized any of our players?

I am, at times, critical of coaches. But then, I'm always talking about their leadership performance. And that is a field in which I do feel a certain degree of experience and competence.

So...just one place where I criticized our players. I work hard to be supportive of the lads; I don't think you'll find one.

I thought you had a great idea. Let's all not criticize anyone or anything unless we are experts in the area. It's a super idea. Glad you came up with it.

Just one.
Don't act like an idiot.

You just proposed that the sports media shut down. You just suggested that no one be allowed to have an opinion about foreign affairs... or abortion unless they're able to perform one.

I and many others here have enough "expertise" to recognize weaknesses... regardless if we have or have ever had the physical talent to do it.

This really should be a stupid, rhetorical argument... but I get the impression you don't think it is.

By the way... noticed the special pleading. It is OK for you to criticize the coaches or select others when you think it is appropriate... and then are the arbiter of when it is "unfair" or out of bounds.

Don't act like an idiot.

You just proposed that the sports media shut down. You just suggested that no one be allowed to have an opinion about foreign affairs... or abortion unless they're able to perform one.

I and many others here have enough "expertise" to recognize weaknesses... regardless if we have or have ever had the physical talent to do it.

This really should be a stupid, rhetorical argument... but I get the impression you don't think it is.
I think it is hugely entertaining that you're the person who came up with a pretty good idea, to not criticize unless we understand the subject matter as well as the people we're criticizing. :)

I think it is hugely entertaining that you're the person who came up with a pretty good idea, to not criticize unless we understand the subject matter as well as the people we're criticizing. :)
It wasn't an "idea"... and I know you aren't that dumb.

Do you understand coaching as much as those you criticize? Do you understand politics as much as those you understand? Do you understand Covid as much as the doctors you scoff at for dissenting from group think?

No one need comply with this "great suggestion" I didn't make... but you are welcome to.

It wasn't an "idea"... and I know you aren't that dumb.

Do you understand coaching as much as those you criticize? Do you understand politics as much as those you understand? Do you understand Covid as much as the doctors you scoff at for dissenting from group think?

No one need comply with this "great suggestion" I didn't make... but you are welcome to.
This seems to have disturbed you.

I just thought it was a great idea you had. Don't sweat it, brother, it's not that big a deal. :)

If you think this pass is accurately thrown because it caught then you dont understand accuracy.....Screenshot_20201002-230137_YouTube.jpg

Just like strikeouts dont equate to an pitchers control (accuracy)

If you think this pass is accurately thrown because it caught then you dont understand accuracy.....View attachment 312874

Just like strikeouts dont equate to an pitchers control (accuracy)
You do know that was the first game back in a delayed season in which the offseason was riddled with multiple players missing practices, right? No one is gonna be dead on crisp & accurate without reps. Y’all just can’t resist to beat this dead horse of a subject & kick the can down the street. Grow up

VN Store

Back