JG stat

To all the JG apologist...this is damning. He has significantly more experience than any other sec qb. Not to mention the best offensive line in the conference, great skill wrs, and a really proven oc. So disappointing that Pruitt won’t even consider opening up a competition for the spot. It’s his greatest shortcoming as a head coach thus far

To all the JG apologist...this is damning. He has significantly more experience than any other sec qb. Not to mention the best offensive line in the conference, great skill wrs, and a really proven oc. So disappointing that Pruitt won’t even consider opening up a competition for the spot. It’s his greatest shortcoming as a head coach thus far
Give me a break. Given the sample size. The difference between 3rd and 10th is literally 2 or 3 throws.

Expect him to start Harrison tomorrow (blue font)

We have won our first two games with JG at the helm. He has not done a bad job. If it ain't broke, don't fix it; it makes no sense to pull him right now for a new QB. These posts are getting old.

Also, I would like to see number of throws by each QB; it probably changes how bad this stat looks.

Oh come on. We’re on an 8 game winning streak and less than 48 hours away from maybe the biggest game in his head coaching career. JG hasn’t done anything this year for his starting spot to be in jeopardy. GTFO

Give me a break. Given the sample size. The difference between 3rd and 10th is literally 2 or 3 throws.
It gets worse when you take out the short easy throws. Thirteen SEC QB's have more than 15 attempts over 10 yards. The average of that group is 49.01%. The top three are Jones 75%, Hill 57.89%, and Corral 53..85%. JG is dead last in that group at 31.82%. Eight of the 13 are over 50%. Next worse is Mond at about 38.5%.

He's one of 3 QB's in the SEC who has not had a WR drop at that range. I don't think anyone questions whether UT's receivers have been getting open. Only 4 guys have been pressured less on throws that depth. He's 3rd worst in uncatchable passes at that range.

He MUST do better or he will cost UT games.

It gets worse when you take out the short easy throws. Thirteen SEC QB's have more than 15 attempts over 10 yards. The average of that group is 49.01%. The top three are Jones 75%, Hill 57.89%, and Corral 53..85%. JG is dead last in that group at 31.82%. Eight of the 13 are over 50%. Next worse is Mond at about 38.5%.

He's one of 3 QB's in the SEC who has not had a WR drop at that range. I don't think anyone questions whether UT's receivers have been getting open. Only 4 guys have been pressured less on throws that depth. He's 3rd worst in uncatchable passes at that range.

Totally agree.

Just saying it's like discussing batting averages after 10 at bats. Need to see more attempts before you can really start relying on a stat like that.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Totally agree.

Just saying it's like discussing batting averages after 10 at bats. Need to see more attempts before you can really start relying on a stat like that.
I could buy that if he were a new starter or had played two top tier teams. Guys like Seals, Bazelak, and Bennett shouldn't be above a 4th year starter.

The thing that’s so disappointing is that qb should be the strength of this team. We have a guy that’s basically a 5th year starter and was a former 5 star. And yet we all have to sit on pins and needles every time he throws the ball and just hope he doesn’t lose the game for us. What’s really disappointing regarding Pruitt is that he’s obviously aware of this fact and yet hasn’t made any effort at all to get a backup any reps. We could’ve given 3 or 4 series to backups at this point. But I think we all know nobody else will get a rep until we’re getting blown out in a game. And at that point the backup will be on the shortest leash possible.

I could buy that if he were a new starter or had played two top tier teams. Guys like Seals, Bazelak, and Bennett shouldn't be above a 4th year starter.
...and if a receiver runs a better route a time or two or the timing is better on a couple of throws, he's 5th instead of 10th. It's statistically invalid at this point.

VN Store

Back