JG stat

...and if a receiver runs a better route a time or two or the timing is better on a couple of throws, he's 5th instead of 10th. It's statistically invalid at this point.
Ah... so it is the receivers' fault.

No. It isn't statistically invalid. And a guy who is a 4th year starter should not struggle that badly throwing the ball on target.

For reference sake, he was 10th among SEC QB's with at least 60 attempts last year in those deeper throws- 39.82%. I believe all 4 of the guys below him were freshmen.

The problem I have with this stat right now is sample size. Against South Carolina he was awful. Against Missouri he played really well with several deep balls thrown perfectly. The problem JG has faced has been consistency. The first game of the year is difficult to judge and Covid-19 didn't help. Let the game play on and go from there. We are winning now. Stats will speak for themselves as the season goes on. We are hitched to this horse already....move on.

Ah... so it is the receivers' fault.

No. It isn't statistically invalid. And a guy who is a 4th year starter should not struggle that badly throwing the ball on target.
Hes had quite a few drops, a few throw aways and WR or 2 has run the wrong route. Hes also working with mostly all new WR and TE this season.

Hes had quite a few drops, a few throw aways and WR or 2 has run the wrong route. Hes also working with mostly all new WR and TE this season.
He's had only two dropped passes in two games. He's had none on balls that traveled more than 10 yards.

Name the plays where guys ran the wrong routes or games where they haven't gotten open.

Don't be an idiot. You know that's not what I'm saying.
Then why do you keep trying to excuse a 4th year starter who is currently the worst passer in the SEC in throws over 10 yards? Whether the other guys on that list have enough throws to make it statistically valid is one thing. JG is a 4th year starter. He should be MUCH better. His current accuracy % would have been last in 2019 also.

This is very relevant to the upcoming game. If UGA doesn't fear him completing deep balls when they leave them open... they'll play downhill and smother the run game and short stuff.

As I was looking at this stat... he actually got worse last year on throws over 10 yards than he was as a Soph... and is worse this year so far than last.

It gets worse when you take out the short easy throws. Thirteen SEC QB's have more than 15 attempts over 10 yards. The average of that group is 49.01%. The top three are Jones 75%, Hill 57.89%, and Corral 53..85%. JG is dead last in that group at 31.82%. Eight of the 13 are over 50%. Next worse is Mond at about 38.5%.

He's one of 3 QB's in the SEC who has not had a WR drop at that range. I don't think anyone questions whether UT's receivers have been getting open. Only 4 guys have been pressured less on throws that depth. He's 3rd worst in uncatchable passes at that range.

He MUST do better or he will cost UT games.
That you uncle Lou?

We all know what we get from JG. As long as he makes smart decisions, we have a shot. Gotta play turnover free ball and have strong defense if we want a chance Saturday.

Then why do you keep trying to excuse a 4th year starter who is currently the worst passer in the SEC in throws over 10 yards?
Because....It's goofy to draw conclusions from a stat with a 5 point spread between the good and the bad after only 50 throws. The difference between 3rd and 10th is 3 throws in a stat with a subjective component. I've never claimed he's more accurate than he really is.

Last edited:
He's had only two dropped passes in two games. He's had none on balls that traveled more than 10 yards.

Name the plays where guys ran the wrong routes or games where they haven't gotten open.
Keyton has 2 bad routes, one at SC was thrown right and should've been a TD

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We all know what we get from JG. As long as he makes smart decisions, we have a shot. Gotta play turnover free ball and have strong defense if we want a chance Saturday.
While that is true WITH JG it’s not a general rule of thumb. The way HCs want to play plays a huge role in who they chose as their qb. You couldn’t convince me that JG would be considered the “best chance” if Mike Leach we’re our HC. A qb with a solid defense can afford to throw an int or two in a game he throws 3+ tds.

To all the JG apologist...this is damning. He has significantly more experience than any other sec qb. Not to mention the best offensive line in the conference, great skill wrs, and a really proven oc. So disappointing that Pruitt won’t even consider opening up a competition for the spot. It’s his greatest shortcoming as a head coach thus far

2-0 not 0-2. That's why it's a TEAM GAME, and not an individual game.

Reactions: Volinnooga
Palmer misses a catch, it's ok. Chandler fumbles, it's cool. Bench him. Wanya allows a sack. No problem. JG's completion % is low, never let him dress out for us again!!!!

Signed By Chatt420
Co-Signed By SJT18

#80 on a Post Corner. Never went to the Post, and had to readjust to the throw to the corner against Mizzou.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back