JG received death threats earlier this year

One thing to be passionate but this is totally unacceptable!! There is some nuts out there for sure!!
Arkansas’s QB got death threats a few years back to. Someone also threw a brick through the windshield of his pickup at his apartment complex. It’s a sad fact that there’s a certain percentage of sicko’s out there that we all have to deal with.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Gourmet popcorn - the essence of all DEATH threats.
It's a simple question. What was the threat? If you don't know, best to just not answer.

And if it wasn't reported to the police, I am a bit doubtful that it was an actual death threat.

DEATH THREAT = "I am going to kill you"

NOT A DEATH THREAT = "I wish you were dead"

Was it an actual death threat? Was it reported to the police?

Reactions: jarhead
It's a simple question. What was the threat? If you don't know, best to just not answer.

And if it wasn't reported to the police, I am a bit doubtful that it was an actual death threat.

DEATH THREAT = "I am going to kill you"

NOT A DEATH THREAT = "I wish you were dead"

Was it an actual death threat? Was it reported to the police?

Everyone is well aware of the difference, especially the person receiving it.

It's pretty craven to use the opportunity to imply JG is either stupid or a liar, Doylene.

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure there are laws against this type of stuff now. I think it’s up to a month in jail and up to a $2500 fine. Guaranteed if people started pursuing this it would cut down on people saying stupid stuff like this. If I’m UT I’m investigating this situation and informing the courts that they will be pressing charges. This type of stuff is nonsense and people need to realize that it’s just a game and there’s more to life than football. A player should have to deal with any criticism about their play but they should never have to endure death threats.

It is never OK to threaten a player or their family, those fans (which I dont call them fans, I call them azzholes of life champions) who make these threats are not representative of the UT fan base at all. We are a fervent die-hard fan-base that rides with our Vols through the worst and best of their seasons. There is no room for threats, we can criticize and hold them accountable but to stoop to that level is asinine.

Bitching about performance on a message board is one thing, but sending any type of threat or vitriol to a player is just sick and being a coward. Why some people think that they should do this is beyond me and they really need some physiological help.............or an ass kicking.

I didn't know JG had received death threats until he mentioned them after the game, or that his sister received hate mail. Sadly though I am not surprised. The hate and vitriol spewed on VolNation made me sick to my stomach, and very, very angry. No one should receive death threats, let alone a college athlete. I am ashamed of anyone that calls them self a Vol Fan and behaves the way some of the A Holes did. JG I'm sorry for what you've had to go through, and it was really great news when you announced you were coming back for your senior year! You are a truly VFL!

I wonder if he really received threats or did he make this up?. I cannot imagine anyone threatening a football player! Does he have proof of these threats?

Im not saying he faked it, TucsonVol but I've been asking if anyone knows what the threats were. So far all I'm getting are infantile responses from some guy in carolina.

I just have two questions:

1. What were the threats? I'd like to hear the actual threats before deciding if I'm gonna get all bent out of shape about it. In this day and age of snowflakery, I've heard all kinds of relatively tame things on the internet get labelled as 'threats'. So better safe than sorry.

2. Were they reported to the police? If they weren't, then obviously the person who received them didn't actually feel threatened, and hence I don't need to get all bent out of shape about it.

So far no answers on either question.

To be honest it would have been much better if Jarrett had called the police, then kept his yap shut and not mentioned this to this press.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol people on here need to chill and actually look at TCA code on harassment and "assault".

First of all, true death threats are awful and anyone who does them are simply pathetic

secondly, there is no police report saying that JG ever got death threats, i believe him, but he obviously knew they were just internet trolls not an actual big deal

thirdly, for the couch fainters and pearl clutchers on here, who was to say they were actually UT fans? Any florida or bama or memphis idiot could get on there and send something to someone.

fourthly, even if it WAS an actual harassment case, it would hardly ever be provable or able to be prosecuted in a court of law.

I wonder if he really received threats or did he make this up?. I cannot imagine anyone threatening a football player! Does he have proof of these threats?
I would be more shocked that he made it up than I would someone sending him that stuff.

Reactions: C1500
I wonder how many VolNationers embarrassed us with this kind of garbage, are part of this death threat-childishness? If you read this forum for just the littlest while, you can see the social maladjustment of many of its posters.
Ditto. Remember the vile names many were calling Coach Pruitt after the BYU game? Lotsa sikk fu*** on VolNation.

Reactions: Dumbledorange
Witch Doctor say Vol fans needs to call out these low life children who make anonymous threats and tell ones who Boo at games to STFU ( same difference) Witch Doctor say Vols dont hate other Vols and JG is all VOL!

Bones Never Lie.

Reactions: Vol knight
Sorry everyone, I've been absent for several weeks. Dealing with some physical issues.

I agree totally with the sentiments that this is despicable. This young man was recruited by multiple programs and he chose UT. He comes here to be developed into a better player with possible pro potential and ends up having two head coaches and three offensive coordinators (each with a different system) over three years. Imagine if you were trying to learn calculus and they changed your teacher every three months (and that's without a 300 lb professor trying to take your head off every time he asks you a question). We failed him a lot more than he ever failed us.

And if there is anyone on this forum that sent a death threat, I would like to meet you so you can tell your friends a 65 year old man kicked your ass (well maybe with a little help from my Louisville Slugger).

Jeremy Pruitt said today that he had never heard about the death threats before Saturday night. I don’t think JG is making it up. Hopefully someone can look into and bring charges.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back