JG received death threats earlier this year

Physcho morons in every fanbase. Guarantee we are not the first or last to have this happen!

Are you serious? Do the exact details of a death threat matter?

Well, as he didn't call the police, but only mentioned them to the press, you have to wonder if maybe they weren't all that 'deathy'.

So yes, before I jump on the bandwagon of tearing down UT's fanbase, I would like to know the nature of this threat, a threat not serious enough to report to the police.

Physcho morons in every fanbase. Guarantee we are not the first or last to have this happen!

We don't even know that this was actually a UT fan. Heck, we don't even know if it really happened.

Thats not possible, as he didn't report it to the police.

I tell you thing: if someone called MY sister and threatened to kill her or me, the first thing I would do is call the police.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Well, as he didn't call the police, but only mentioned them to the press, you have to wonder if maybe they weren't all that 'deathy'.

So yes, before I jump on the bandwagon of tearing down UT's fanbase, I would like to know the nature of this threat, a threat not serious enough to report to the police.
I have never heard of anyone being afraid to bring something like that up. Could it be that he felt that he would be better served at the time to just keep quiet, so others would not add to the embarrassment he already felt. He at the time felt like he had let the team down and just kept it in. Not everyone jumps at the opportunity to run to the police because of a threat like that. From the tone of your response, you would have had that exact comment had he reported it at the time. I am not condemning the fan base, just any individual or individuals that may have been involved. He definitely received enough hate posts on this site after the Bama incident.

Reactions: Titan05
We don't even know that this was actually a UT fan. Heck, we don't even know if it really happened.

Thats not possible, as he didn't report it to the police.

I tell you thing: if someone called MY sister and threatened to kill her or me, the first thing I would do is call the police.
Sometimes a person can be cynical to a fault.......this is one of those times.

One only has to see the nonsense on Twitter and any message board on the social media sites to realize that it is highly likely that him and his sister received messages that upset them. It is why I limit my time on such places. Just because it was not reported to police don't make anything that was directed at him or his family any less real.

No one should have to endure the type of messages that have been directed at him this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLSONLY
Doesn't surprise me after reading this forum after a loss. Some folks need to get a life. In the end, it is still just a stupid game.
If anyone from our site is involved with this absolutely unforgiviable action, they should be permanently banned from any website associated with Tennessee. Unfortunately, there are some on this site that I could honestly believe would call in a death threat to a college student. You know who you are, go ahead and defend yourself but I won't see your responses.

These are a bit over the top.

There was plenty of criticism of JG on here. I held the opinion that while he is a fine young man, gutsy as hell, and a VFL, he is not a SEC starting QB. I posted the same. That’s criticism. And he may prove me wrong in the end.

Most of the criticism was like mine. Sometimes hard hitting, but never even close to a death threat level.

Death threats are a whole different quantum of evil than anything I’ve seen expressed on these boards.

I feel bad for people who take sports that seriously. Criticism based on performance is one thing. I can admit my frustration really grew throughout the year. But if you’re thinking about physically hurting a kid for not satisfying you’re need for entertainment, then I say this in earnest: get a d@mn life! Turn the game off- it’s that simple! Can’t tell you how many times I’ve done that and it works! If you can’t think of anything else to do then email me. I’ll come up with 50 other hobbies for you besides watching college football.

Could it be that he felt that he would be better served at the time to just keep quiet.

Well, to me it would be strange for someone to feel better served by not telling the police, but then going off to blab to a reporter.

He definitely received enough hate posts on this site after the Bama incident.

I didn't see any 'hate' posts. I saw people rightly ridiculing him.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Not really. "Hate speech" is traditionally speech which calls into question the inherent human value of a specific race, culture or other assorted demographic.

Of course, these days, snowflakes call pretty tame stuff 'hate speech'.

There was plenty of criticism of JG on here. I held the opinion that while he is a fine young man, gutsy as hell, and a VFL, he is not a SEC starting QB. I posted the same. That’s criticism. And he may prove me wrong in the end.

Most of the criticism was like mine. Sometimes hard hitting, but never even close to a death threat level.

Death threats are a whole different quantum of evil than anything I’ve seen expressed on these boards.
Read the posts before criticizing mine. There are those who have gone as far as ro want him to get hurt so he couldn't play. Can't post evidence because I have no desire to unblock them. who dfi you think sent the threats? Do you think an Alabama or Auburn fan sent them? Odds are, if threats were made out was from one of the dozens of miserable minority members I'd the fanbase. Protesteth much I think.

Well, to me it would be strange for someone to feel better served by not telling the police, but then going off to blab to a reporter.

I didn't see any 'hate' posts. I saw people rightly ridiculing him.
You didn't look very hard, not surprising though.

The avatars of some here speak volumes.

Read the posts before criticizing mine. There are those who have gone as far as ro want him to get hurt so he couldn't play. Can't post evidence because I have no desire to unblock them. who dfi you think sent the threats? Do you think an Alabama or Auburn fan sent them? Odds are, if threats were made out was from one of the dozens of miserable minority members I'd the fanbase. Protesteth much I think.

The above bolded section is very troubling, and I hope no one here expressed that. I just don't see folks on here generally of the ilk who would do this.

But, you never know, I guess.

The above bolded section is very troubling, and I hope no one here expressed that. I just don't see folks on here generally of the ilk who would do this.

But, you never know, I guess.
I have asked repeatedly for a name but have never been given one.

So there wasn't any.

If you will read all the messages you will see that the moderators try to clean it up and delete it as soon as they either see it or others bring it to their attention. There were lots of questionable posts through out the earlier part of the year and after what happened at Alabama. I applaud the moderators for being quick and on the ball because I have seen it get crazy on this place.

Though Twitter is definitely worse. I suspect that is where the really bad things surfaced.

VN Store

Back