JG received death threats earlier this year

Death threats over a football game are ridiculous. He’s not the first. Crompton got them too when he was here. I think It kind of soured his experience here. JG was raised to be thick skinned and I doubt they bothered him that much, but that doesn’t make it right or excuse it.

The comments aimed at his sister Is just as bad. Why would anyone mess with his sister. I don’t care how seriously you take college football. Anyone who takes it out on a man’s family should be banned from Neyland Stadium.

Last edited:
MSN Sports posted this article about Guarantano. (SMH! Can not believe ANYONE would be that low/stupid!)

Tennessee QB Jarrett Guarantano says he received death threats during 2019 season

Then the Tennessee quarterback shed light on the lowest point, referencing death threats he received and messages his sister, also a Tennessee student, received. And he thanked his teammates for their support through it all.

“There were so many guys that were there for me throughout the death threats, the mean messages to the sister," Guarantano said. "They were all there for me and it really meant a lot. There were some hectic times for me and they were there for me every step on the way.”

I wonder how many VolNationers embarrassed us with this kind of garbage, are part of this death threat-childishness? If you read this forum for just the littlest while, you can see the social maladjustment of many of its posters.

Reactions: FïreBall and Bash
Didn’t Florida coach McElwain get death threats his last year when they won just 4 games. Seems like I remember him stating that in a press conference

Sadly it's not just our fanbase. I've seen on local news here in Georgia after they lost a game that certain players received threats. Aaron Murray had his home vandalized after a loss to uscjr. Bill curry had his dog killed while at Alabama. People are just ignorant! They think they're super fans, when these games have zero bearing on their lives.

Maybe we all should show him some love and send letters to thank him for sticking it out through the hard times and being a team player . And for giving hisbalp for Tennessee

At what point do we start taking online death threats seriously? First time should be a misdemeanor, second time should be mandatory jail time.
Good question. People saying things on the internet is one thing..but then there are a lot of crazy people on the internet. In the early 1990's I had someone make a web page dedicated to killing me..but they used a blown up black and white picture of me from a soccer photo from the Knox Sentinel so I was pretty sure that this Canadian was never going to actually drive down and be able to find me. Besides he was too poor to buy gas or a gun. Never took it seriously.

Is it right, ok, acceptable? No. But it comes with the territory

NO it does not. Criticism certainly comes with the territory, but death threats? Are you serious? I can’t believe anyone would think that threatening to KILL a young man because of a GAME “comes with the territory.” WOW.

I was under the impression that the device used to make a threat could be easily tracked to it's location in most cases. If the authorities wanted to catch "whodunnit" I think they could. I consider it a crime and anyone doing such should be punished. JMO.
They probably could. VPNs are good to tunnel through ISPs and provide alternate IP Addresses, but I have little doubt that the social media companies know their users by user information and and previously tracked data.

As if MSN putting it out there isn't bad enough, we have to thank you for highlighting it here. Well done.

They probably could. VPNs are good to tunnel through ISPs and provide alternate IP Addresses, but I have little doubt that the social media companies know their users by user information and and previously tracked data.
And i have no doubt the idiots who post things like this would not know a VPN and alt ISPs if they were to bite them in the a$$.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange_Crush
Didn’t Florida coach McElwain get death threats his last year when they won just 4 games. Seems like I remember him stating that in a press conference
McElwain claimed he received death threats. I think UF looked into the fact and found out he was lying. UF got to fire him without paying his buyout.

I was under the impression that the device used to make a threat could be easily tracked to it's location in most cases. If the authorities wanted to catch "whodunnit" I think they could. I consider it a crime and anyone doing such should be punished. JMO.
not really. VPN's are easy to do.

VN Store

Back