JG received death threats earlier this year

If they find out the names of the people who made the threats, then Tennessee should issue the hooligan scum lifetime bans from the campus.

If they discover that any of these individuals hold diplomas from UT, then those diplomas should be revoked in addition to a campus ban as their actions have dishonored the University of Tennessee.

This issue needs to be handled in a direct and forceful manner. Hopefully they catch the bastards and take care of business.

This issue needs to be handled in a direct and forceful manner. Hopefully they catch the bastards and take care of business.

That will difficult, if in fact he never called the police.

If they discover that any of these individuals hold diplomas from UT, then those diplomas should be revoked in addition to a campus ban as their actions have dishonored the University of Tennessee.

And if they're vandy grads, should they have their diplomas revoked? What if they're harvard grads?

How about their jobs? Should they be fired? How about we revoke their SSN, so they can never work again!

In the meantime, we still don't even know what the threats were.

That is a statement of fact. He didn't say that it was right or just.

I could say the murdered rate is high in Chicago. That is a fact. But if I add that... It just comes with the territory. Then I've said something else entirely. Maybe condone isn't the right word, but it's clear those murders aren't important to me and the victims are just going to have to deal with it.

Hell, there's no doubt. Almost every drunken redneck around has access these days. I'd be way more shocked if a QB said it hasn't happened.
The only real question is if any were credible or just ignorant rants.

Not sure what's up with the few really weird denials in here. Talk about protesting too much, should probably check their social media first šŸ˜

MSN Sports posted this article about Guarantano. (SMH! Can not believe ANYONE would be that low/stupid!)

Tennessee QB Jarrett Guarantano says he received death threats during 2019 season

Then the Tennessee quarterback shed light on the lowest point, referencing death threats he received and messages his sister, also a Tennessee student, received. And he thanked his teammates for their support through it all.

ā€œThere were so many guys that were there for me throughout the death threats, the mean messages to the sister," Guarantano said. "They were all there for me and it really meant a lot. There were some hectic times for me and they were there for me every step on the way.ā€

Honestly, this is embarrassing to me. I am proud UT fan. I would NEVER threaten the life of a player because he had a bad game or is not playing very well. This is absolutely shameful and whoever made those threats SHAME ON YOU!

I could say the murdered rate is high in Chicago. That is a fact. But if I add that... It just comes with the territory. Then I've said something else entirely. Maybe condone isn't the right word, but it's clear those murders aren't important to me and the victims are just going to have to deal with it.
Yeah.. you have no idea what "condone" means. I read nothing in his post that said it was ok or just.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Itā€™s not acceptable but are you surprised? Honestly? This happened back in the days before internet. It so much easier for nuttbag cowards to do this crap now days.

I think it is...

to ignore or accept behavior that some people consider wrong.
I donā€™t think heā€™s saying it should be ignored. But how the hell you going to track every crazy person with a keyboard? What are you going to do to them legally? This happens in football, politics, acting, just about everything, etc. It sucks and yeah I wish there was an answer but some people suck.

If he continues to give the game away today to Vandy heā€™s gonna be receiving a few more from the crazies.

Because we really need to know if it was true or was he sensationalizing it for his own self esteem...ā€¦.I think the coaches will get to the bottom of it...ā€¦.nuff said.
Do you lie a bunch? Should I assume that you are a liar? I ask this because it's hard for me to see him lying about something like that. Life has shown me that only liars generally do not trust people at their word.

Do you lie a bunch? Should I assume that you are a liar? I ask this because it's hard for me to see him lying about something like that. Life has shown me that only liars generally do not trust people at their word.
Suit yourself! From a law enforcement perspective, claims have to be verified.

Reactions: whodeycin85
You post a great deal without much substance......

Suit yourself! From a law enforcement perspective, claims have to be verified.
I would think a law enforcement perspective would be to question why the person would be lying as to automatically say he's likely lying. Criminals also likely lie all the time, probably a big reason they are criminal, not sure I'd put JG in bed with the criminals.

I've been trying to reserve judgment on this one for a while. Waiting to hear that the threats were investigated by law enforcement, at least once they were made public, and it was found to be true that it happened. There are instances where people sometimes exaggerate the truth a little bit, and I hope that's not what happened here. But as soon as the words came out of his mouth I thought they're going to have to follow this all the way through or it's going to look bad on him. The entire fan base is being smeared with this accusation, so someone needs to be held accountable or it never should have been thrown out there in the media. Should have been handled the proper way behind closed doors and with law enforcement. As soon as Pruitt said that he had never heard that before, I got even more concerned that the moment and emotions might have gotten away from JG a bit there.

Reactions: jarhead
Idk about this situation, and haven't questioned it. That said, people lie about stuff like this a lot. There are lies about rape, and other horrible things. Just look at the situation with jussie smollett, whole world was up in arms, and his whole story was a political stunt. I'm not saying, or suggesting, JG did that, but people will lie about horrible things.

I've been trying to reserve judgment on this one for a while. Waiting to hear that the threats were investigated by law enforcement, at least once they were made public, and it was found to be true that it happened. There are instances where people sometimes exaggerate the truth a little bit, and I hope that's not what happened here. But as soon as the words came out of his mouth I thought they're going to have to follow this all the way through or it's going to look bad on him. The entire fan base is being smeared with this accusation, so someone needs to be held accountable or it never should have been thrown out there in the media. Should have been handled the proper way behind closed doors and with law enforcement. As soon as Pruitt said that he had never heard that before, I got even more concerned that the moment and emotions might have gotten away from JG a bit there.

Death threats aside, what was being said about him in social media was definitely akin to the type of verbal abuse that you see when someone bullies someone else. The only question is whether what was being said fits the legal definition of a threat. Keep in mind that to a person who is having a lot of garbage comments thrown at them it all adds up and words said may be perceived differently. This is sometimes where the legal definition of such activity fails. I get that the legal definition is needed - but even when something doesn't meet that scrutiny it is wrong to imply that words were not said that the receiver perceived to be harmful.

This is why a lot of folks in this situation will just try to deal with it on their own rather than engaging legal authorities. That process seems to assume it is a lie until proven true.

VN Store

Back