JG helping out Shrout

Uhg.
I could give an opinion on the recruiting class and the staff changes but so many unknowns for the rest, I stayed away.

But the TN and UF both winning 4 games so, therefore, they had the exact same circumstances narrative.
Oy Vey!
And I'm not even Jewish 😂

Haha, the blood vessels in my forehead burst while I was talking about Florida and forgot to comment on the part about Pruitt.

I was a little harsh on him with my grade for last year, but you know, its just an opinion. Considering everything I still feel he could have done better. I understand what he had to work with and I understand he was a first time HC. I didn't grade him with the built-in excuses, just my opinion on how he did period. And it means nothing. Haha.

Reactions: Souce
Haha, the blood vessels in my forehead burst while I was talking about Florida and forgot to comment on the part about Pruitt.

I was a little harsh on him with my grade for last year, but you know, its just an opinion. Considering everything I still feel he could have done better. I understand what he had to work with and I understand he was a first time HC. I didn't grade him with the built-in excuses, just my opinion on how he did period. And it means nothing. Haha.
Oh, no problem with your opinion, that's why it's an unknown to me.
If Pruitt goes on to do really good things here, then excuses become valid reasons.
If he never puts it all together, then a tough grade becomes prophetic. We don't know yet, your grade was as valid as any.

Reactions: Behr
Oh, no problem with your opinion, that's why it's an unknown to me.
If Pruitt goes on to do really good things here, then excuses become valid reasons.
If he never puts it all together, then a tough grade becomes prophetic. We don't know yet, your grade was as valid as any.

Yea and I didn't mean it negative about the built-in excuses. I believe they are legitimate reasons why he didn't do great. But kinda like a teacher grading a students pop quiz. Maybe the kid doesn't get to study as much because of football practice, math club and being class president so he got a D. The teacher understands all of that but doesn't give him a better grade just because of those reasons. It is what it is and as long as he catches up and improves, that grade means nothing.

I hope he is the next big thing in college football. Not just for the obvious reason, but I like him. I also like the fact that he hasn't been a HC anywhere else. I know its not a big deal, but he's not a "hand-me-down". Haha. I mean, if he does what we all hope he does, it'll be awesome in many ways. Not to get ahead of myself Lol, but doing what I hope he does means ruining the gators seasons.

I rag on him being so slow in the thought process and not reading the D well... but that cat has an arm, and yes, if he has time, he is the real deal.
So... for him to do well, implies we have a hell of a O-line this year.

That's all I'm saying! Let's not condemn the kid as a bust until he's given the tools to prove his worth

Wasn't asking you. I want to know what HE would do.

But I'll ask you. I asked what he would do with the QB postion. Why would your answer not be "change QB's?"

There's not much we can do with the QB position, and I have no idea how developed the backup quarterbacks are.

Best thing we could do is improve on defense to take the pressure off Jarrett.

There's not much we can do with the QB position, and I have no idea how developed the backup quarterbacks are.

Best thing we could do is improve on defense to take the pressure off Jarrett.

This is where I figured I'd end up with him, and I would ask him why he was asking such a dumb question.

I have more confidence that JG will be improved this year than you, and greezball. But even if he's not and is still the starter, obviously he's our best option. If he's the best option, why the constant whining about him?

Reactions: Souce
I agree that JG still has some growing to do as an SEC QB, but there is a huge difference between being perfect and saying he sucks. Idc if we had had peyton in the backfield last year, the line not giving him time and receivers dropping passes or giving up on routes is a recipe for for failure.
I've never said he "sucked". I've never said he alone was the problem with the O. I have said that he has had some fairly significant issues that have hurt the performance of the O.

But... I've also said that Chaney will either get him right or get him replaced. Cutcliffe is a really good QB coach. He basically wrote Crompton off. Reports were he did not think he had the potential to be a good QB. Chaney... made him credible. Peterman was a pretty broken QB... Chaney turned him around at Pitt. Bray was always a mess and Chaney got great things out of him. Either way it goes... Chaney is a GREAT guy to create a fork in the road for JG.

JG talked about having the freedom to do more... I mentioned a few weeks ago that Chaney would demand that he do more. I'm not "brilliant"... just an observer of the patterns of people. Chaney can be expected to manage QB's a certain way. It has definitely started.

Hopefully JG becomes the QB he can be... and the one a few here think he already is.

You know, I'm the only sumbish on VN, maybe even the innerwebz, that gets triggered, but damn near anything Florida triggers me. Lulz.

Yea, I don't ever say anything when that crap gets brought up because I know how irrelevant it is, except that everybody always wanting facts. The fact is it wasn't the exact same, Florida only played 11 games. They had that home game with the powerhouse Northern Colorado canceled.

But its interesting its so irrelevant yet it doesn't get mentioned because, well you know. If it was Tennessee they were talking about you can bet anything to make us look worse would be brought up because... "Its the facts and I know how y'all hate facts".

Buck the Gators. Buck'um and errythang they stand for.
Nah, they are my #2 most hated SEC team. Candy is my #1 just because, but FL I dislike for the same reasons that many dislike Bama.

This is where I figured I'd end up with him, and I would ask him why he was asking such a dumb question.

I have more confidence that JG will be improved this year than you, and greezball. But even if he's not and is still the starter, obviously he's our best option. If he's the best option, why the constant whining about him?
I agree about expecting improvement out of JG this year. He has the raw tools and Chaney has a niche with them.
Everyone here *except a couple of zealots, know where he needs to improve most, should be easy to follow the improvement and I'm feeling confident as well.

Sidenote:
Catching up on old threads today, it's been borderline disgusting to read several of our other offensive players get thrown completely under the bus. Just so said zealots can claim JG doesn't have a single need of improvement.
I really just have zero respect for that tactic.

I agree about expecting improvement out of JG this year. He has the raw tools and Chaney has a niche with them.
Everyone here *except a couple of zealots, know where he needs to improve most, should be easy to follow the improvement and I'm feeling confident as well.

Sidenote:
Catching up on old threads today, it's been borderline disgusting to read several of our other offensive players get thrown completely under the bus. Just so said zealots can claim JG doesn't have a single need of improvement.
I really just have zero respect for that tactic.

I don't think Chaney starts JG unless he deserves it or, he's the best we have. I know that sounds obvious, but its hard to tell if some understand that. I expect Chaney and Weinke to have JG performing at his absolute best and I have a feeling its gonna be pretty damn good. I'm not expecting a miracle or anything, but I expect there will be some that stfu about him "sucking".

I know what you mean and try to ignore it.

I just can't wrap my head around Vanderbilt being anyone's #1 most hated team.
I went to JC with a couple of guys that went on to go to school there. With the exception of my son's girlfriend (she's a Dayton Flyer UG), I have NEVER met anyone who's head would fit through a normal door.....and for no reason. Also, a lot of BS comments from their B-Ball coach that I couldn't stand. My dislike is more on a personal nature than sports related I guess.....FL is my first and foremost SEC sports related dislike.....followed closely by GA.

Reactions: Behr
I went to JC with a couple of guys that went on to go to school there. With the exception of my son's girlfriend (she's a Dayton Flyer UG), I have NEVER met anyone who's head would fit through a normal door.....and for no reason. Also, a lot of BS comments from their B-Ball coach that I couldn't stand. My dislike is more on a personal nature than sports related I guess.....FL is my first and foremost SEC sports related dislike.....followed closely by GA.

I get that. I've got this one Michigan fan at my church that drives my batchit crazy. Back during the hiring and the honeymoon of Harbaugh, I almost kilt him. So I have a strong hatred for Michigan, but I don't let him get in the way of my love of hating the gators.

#1. Florida is here.
v
v
v
v
v
#2. Alabama is here.
#3. Notre Dame is here.

Reactions: sjt18 and 82_VOL_83
IMHO, Chaney can be successful in elevating JG's game by forcing him out of his comfort zone. Even if he is forced to play at a higher level with a lower passer rating or a couple more picks, that could help some of the receivers break out a little and actually give them a chance to contribute more than in years passed. The receiver haven't done a lot to this point, part of that is because they haven't been great with yards after the catch, but the other part is because they have been catching easy to throw balls that are designed more for the QB than for the receiver. The passing game was centered more on getting the receiver the ball than getting them the ball and expecting them to do something afterward. There was a couple of games toward the end of the season that they were throwing out routed and bubble screens that didn't amount to much, but that is a pretty tough change mid-season. If Chaney can teach JG to see lanes and hit receivers in stride more often they will have a much better chance to make plays after the catch. But that will depend as much on JG getting the ball out on time and in front of the receiver at the right point in the route as anything.

Doesn't turn the ball over on interceptions or fumbles

Thats it? He barely throw ints because he dont take chances..Im not trying to be a hater..People blame the o line when u had a All American Left tackle that protected his blind side..So most of the pressure JG saw was coming right in front of him..JG had time to make throws he just hold on to the ball to long..

Reactions: LittleVol
Thats it? He barely throw ints because he dont take chances..Im not trying to be a hater..People blame the o line when u had a All American Left tackle that protected his blind side..So most of the pressure JG saw was coming right in front of him..JG had time to make throws he just hold on to the ball to long..
Trey wasn’t All-American as an OT...if that’s what you were going for.

VN Store

Back