JG helping out Shrout

I have no idea what you're talking about, I haven't called you names because I disagreed with you.

But to keep from going any further with the romper room mess, I apologize for any names I've called you.
You’re a *****! I dominated you with my real! Fight me!
- Basket prolly

Reactions: Behr
LOL, I was sitting in a meeting glancing at VN and the war was going on. Left the meeting and came back to my desk and it was all gone. Like some nu-q-ler splosion blowed it all away!

The stirring is going on in a different thread. Too bad, when I read his posts, I imagined foot stomping was involved. I was probably having too much fun. Oh well, back to JG is the worst/greatest posts.

Didn’t say anything about anybody’s “Fault”. Just correctly catalogued his performance and the very real circumstances he and all the other players dealt with last year. You gonna really dispute the idea that our OL was utterly pathetic and our WRs were less than dynamic?
Are you going to deny that the play of the QB impacts how the others look? His decisions. His reads. His timing.

Your bias vs JG so strong that you can’t/won’t acknowledge simple facts/circumstances?
I am "biased" against the things he does poorly. He does some things well... but not enough. He needs to improve which has been my argument all along. In response, others sometimes including you take issue with criticisms.... and often deny they exist.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
I've always hated how win or lose its always the QB's fault.
QB's are in the front. They get lots of credit. They get lots of criticism. Their mistakes and great plays are far more obvious even to a novice than those of OL's or WR's on most plays.

JG has very good physical ability. He's tough. He's made a nice comeback from that tantrum at GT. He keeps getting up. We don't know for sure how he is in the lockerroom but the "leaks" suggest he's liked/respected.

But he simply isn't "perfect"... and some here go nuts when you objectively discuss his contributions to the bad performance of UT's O.

Last edited:
We'll just have to disagree. Helton has a broad background... and I don't assume he was trying to lose. It makes more sense that he was limited by things that JG couldn't do well than he and Pruitt somehow denied a struggling offense more playmaking from the QB position.

And note that you are once again throwing everyone else under the bus in order to absolve JG of all blame. Why? Some of those WR's proved they could get open for Dobbs and even Dormady. But suddenly they couldn't get open for JG? Not buying.

You also have what KC tried to do in his few chances. Hit hot routes. Lead receivers. Throw to the middle of the field.... KC isn't nearly as talented physically as JG. His penchant for making boneheaded decisions once in awhile caused him to lose his job at Stanford.

Ok, it hard to follow the flow from a TV, so, that is what I observed. I don't think Helton was the right person for UT at that time. You call plays that can be executed by the players not by the coach :)

QB's are in the front. They get lots of credit. They get lots of criticism. Their mistakes and great players are far more obvious even to a novice than those of OL's or WR's on most plays.

JG has very good physical ability. He's tough. He's made a nice comeback from that tantrum at GT. He keeps getting up. We don't know for sure how he is in the lockerroom but the "leaks" suggest he's liked/respected.

But he simply isn't "perfect"... and some here go nuts when you objectively discuss his contributions to the bad performance of UT's O.

I agree that JG still has some growing to do as an SEC QB, but there is a huge difference between being perfect and saying he sucks. Idc if we had had peyton in the backfield last year, the line not giving him time and receivers dropping passes or giving up on routes is a recipe for for failure.

Yo, JG looks like he has finally filled out his frame. I have a hunch that he's gonna be good this year when the protection is adequate.

Reactions: Devo182
Last year we had a QB plus a fill in. This year we have a new OC, and 3 potential Starters in the film room. Big step up in a year.
Oh I agree with you,its a better situation no doubt.
I was just say it doesnt matter to me which player does the asking about getting in the film watching as long as it gets done. For me,that goes for all position units and players not just QBs. It can only help the team as a whole.

Reactions: tbh and 82_VOL_83
Can anybody name one thing JG does good as a qb? Im serious..
I rag on him being so slow in the thought process and not reading the D well... but that cat has an arm, and yes, if he has time, he is the real deal.
So... for him to do well, implies we have a hell of a O-line this year.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
It's been ridiculous since last season!! these so called football geniuses on this site make all these statement, then start moving goal posts when someone throws stats at them. The QB can't make receivers catch balls that hit them in the hands, no more than he can make the O line or backs block. the fact that he was getting hit as often as he was and still had so few turnovers says a lot IMO..

Your statement is BEYOND STUPID!!! What stats are you going to throw at us besides pass efficiency due to dumping off passes and throwing short passes most of the time? Below are some stats for you. JG isn't in the top 5 in any other category outside of efficiency out of 14 starting QBs. Do you think those short passes, holding onto the ball too long, and lack of reading defenses are going to help UT beat UGA, UF, or even USC or Mizz anytime soon? Unless, Chaney does a monster job with JG. It is mediocrity at best again for JG. When will you knuckle heads start realizing he doesn't have what it takes to be an ELITE SEC QB? I hope CJC changes JG and I eat crow. Until then, probably 2/3s of the posters on this board need to PROVE WITH STATS HOW GREAT JG IS and how it is all the lines fault.

Hell, UT couldn't run the ball with as much success as they could before and after Peyton was at UT for four years. UT had to rely on Peyton's intelligience and arm. In my opinion, UT relied too much on Peyton and didn't do enough to make the run game more successful. That is why Peyton continually lost to Florida. Yet, Peyton's stats were off the charts. Do you think all P5 QBs that have better stats than JG have a good or great OL? I bet I can throw out more stats showing you they don't. Great QBs make great presnap reads, hot reads, blitz reads, and get rid of the ball quicker to be more successful to offset average to bad OL play!!! JG hasn't shown me and a lot of people on this board that he can do any of those things. I hope CJC changes that this year.

Out of 14 starting QBs: completions 12th (hell, the UK QB had more completions, sad), completion % 6th (again, UK QB had a better completion %), yards per attempt 6th, longest pass completed 13th ( there were also 4 non starting QBs that had a longer yardage completion), sacks against 8th (not all on OL, throw some balls away and learn to read blitzes), QBR 8th (atleast 5 backup QBs had better QBR's too!)

I can't believe all of you JG pumpers even saw the AL game. Did you see KC move the ball down the field on Bama twice to score TDs when JG was doing nothing? I really do hope JG turns the corner in 2019 and turns out to be great. That will be great for UT. But, I don't understand why 2/3s of this board makes constant excuses for him, bashes others that are critical, and continually blames the OL and talks about his pass efficiency. There is a lot more to a QB leading a team to win games than pass efficiency. Hell, anyone can have great pass efficiency when they are too scared to throw the ball that they take a sack or they find someone to dump off the ball to that gets hammered at or behind the line of scrimmage!!!

2018 SEC College Football Individual Statistics Leaders for Passing - ESPN

Last edited:
The Uk Qb also had a more efficient line !! I don't care what your pre-snap reads are if the defense is in the backfield by the time you touch the ball !! you don't have to be the head cashier at the local wal-mart to see that ! what is BEYOND STUPID is hating a kid to the point that you root against him to the point that you have to write a book on a message board just to bash him !

Id be willing to bet those backups that had better ratings , had receivers make plays and not drop balls that hit em in the hands. I'd bet their Oline gave those backups time to go thru progressions!
IMO JG's biggest downfall is his legs. kid is definitely not Dual threat. but he protects the ball and makes good passes when he has time. He has only threw 5 picks in two years with over 350 attempts !

Its hard to understand how YOU and Others on this board can condemn a kid who hasn't been given a fair shake. if the LINE and RECIEVERS improve JG's game will improve if not they wont CJC be damned .

Last edited:
Yea, I almost did the same thing in the Rate Pruitt thread yesterday.
Uhg.
I could give an opinion on the recruiting class and the staff changes but so many unknowns for the rest, I stayed away.

But the TN and UF both winning 4 games so, therefore, they had the exact same circumstances narrative.
Oy Vey!
And I'm not even Jewish 😂

Uhg.
I could give an opinion on the recruiting class and the staff changes but so many unknowns for the rest, I stayed away.

But the TN and UF both winning 4 games so, therefore, they had the exact same circumstances narrative.
Oy Vey!
And I'm not even Jewish 😂

You know, I'm the only sumbish on VN, maybe even the innerwebz, that gets triggered, but damn near anything Florida triggers me. Lulz.

Yea, I don't ever say anything when that crap gets brought up because I know how irrelevant it is, except that everybody always wanting facts. The fact is it wasn't the exact same, Florida only played 11 games. They had that home game with the powerhouse Northern Colorado canceled.

But its interesting its so irrelevant yet it doesn't get mentioned because, well you know. If it was Tennessee they were talking about you can bet anything to make us look worse would be brought up because... "Its the facts and I know how y'all hate facts".

Buck the Gators. Buck'um and errythang they stand for.

You know, I'm the only sumbish on VN, maybe even the innerwebz, that gets triggered, but damn near anything Florida triggers me. Lulz.

Yea, I don't ever say anything when that crap gets brought up because I know how irrelevant it is, except that everybody always wanting facts. The fact is it wasn't the exact same, Florida only played 11 games. They had that home game with the powerhouse Northern Colorado canceled.

But its interesting its so irrelevant yet it doesn't get mentioned because, well you know. If it was Tennessee they were talking about you can bet anything to make us look worse would be brought up because... "Its the facts and I know how y'all hate facts".

Buck the Gators. Buck'um and errythang they stand for.
Every word, every single word, truf

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back