JG helping out Shrout

Hell, I'm just glad they're spending time in the film room and going over it together. Hopefully both will benefit.
This all day. I dont care who asked who or what got them there.
I really think all units and every player needs to watch film and learn as much as possible if they are gonna get out of the hole the team is in.

I post more than he does...so here’s another NERD right atcha! Your UNIQUE take that JG sucks beyond redemption “embarrasses” no one else...it’s your own LOOK AT ME hot air. You (or this screen name...8th or 9th) hasn’t been here a month and butt vomited out 43 contributions already. And yet you still have this hood rat, kick ass life. Keep gracing...we’re grateful.

He gets that. To his credit... whether his fault, someone else's, or a combination... he's stuck with it. If you are a Vol fan, you can't help but hope he gets rewarded.

That doesn't change his legitimate weaknesses that you would expect a guy with 3 years in CFB to be stronger at... even with multiple coaches. Coaching changes are pretty common these days. Bama's players see theirs come and go. A player could even use the different coaches as an advantage as far as developing skills.

I disagree, UT's plays last year took too long to develop, waiting for your WR to get open is a sure way on getting your bell rung. The OL has to improve in order for any QB to be successful, does he hold on to the ball too long? yes, but if you don't have WRs or RBs that know how to get open..........forget about it.

Reactions: Devo182
I disagree, UT's plays last year took too long to develop, waiting for your WR to get open is a sure way on getting your bell rung. The OL has to improve in order for any QB to be successful, does he hold on to the ball too long? yes, but if you don't have WRs or RBs that know how to get open..........forget about it.
We'll just have to disagree. Helton has a broad background... and I don't assume he was trying to lose. It makes more sense that he was limited by things that JG couldn't do well than he and Pruitt somehow denied a struggling offense more playmaking from the QB position.

And note that you are once again throwing everyone else under the bus in order to absolve JG of all blame. Why? Some of those WR's proved they could get open for Dobbs and even Dormady. But suddenly they couldn't get open for JG? Not buying.

You also have what KC tried to do in his few chances. Hit hot routes. Lead receivers. Throw to the middle of the field.... KC isn't nearly as talented physically as JG. His penchant for making boneheaded decisions once in awhile caused him to lose his job at Stanford.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
This all day. I dont care who asked who or what got them there.
I really think all units and every player needs to watch film and learn as much as possible if they are gonna get out of the hole the team is in.
Last year we had a QB plus a fill in. This year we have a new OC, and 3 potential Starters in the film room. Big step up in a year.

Reactions: VolinMC and Behr
Yep. Everything was someone else's fault....

You can't believe what you're posting. You have to see his part in on of the most anemic O's UT has ever fielded....
Didn’t say anything about anybody’s “Fault”. Just correctly catalogued his performance and the very real circumstances he and all the other players dealt with last year. You gonna really dispute the idea that our OL was utterly pathetic and our WRs were less than dynamic? Come on now. Your bias vs JG so strong that you can’t/won’t acknowledge simple facts/circumstances?

Reactions: k-town_king
"I think he’s grown,” Guarantano said. “He’s grown physically and mentally, and every single day he’s asking me to get in the film room with him. He’s taken a lot of big steps.”

Whatever, it seems to me Shrout is asking JG to spend more time in the film room.
And it appears JG is doing that and that’s a good thing. Not something that should spark some type of vapid criticism of JG and a lack of leadership that one other poster accused him of. The criticism that kid gets is just off the wall.

And it appears JG is doing that and that’s a good thing. Not something that should spark some type of vapid criticism of JG and a lack of leadership that one other poster accused him of. The criticism that kid gets is just off the wall.

Yea, my point kinda got lost in translation by my own fault. I really didn't mean for it to turn into what it did.

That happens a lot around here. Someone praises someone or something so much that when others try to argue a single point it gets turned into what seems like bashing.

I've always hated how win or lose its always the QB's fault.
QB is the most prized position in all of sports, really in the history of sports. Playing SS in baseball is probably a distant 2nd. Taking that into account the QB position should be critiqued more so than any other position and often more so than the head coach! QBs play a huge factor in wins and losses often times more than any other position. Our guy, JG is being over criticized and sometimes over praised at an unprecedented level, more so than Crompton and Worley (still can't believe he was ever named a starter with Dobbs on the roster) ever were. I like Guarantano and believe he has developed nicely his 1st 2 seasons.

Everyone matures at a different rate, JG showed immaturity his 1st game in Knoxville, the announcers drilled him for it and it has been ingrained into the brain of our NegaVol JG haters. The kid has fought for this fanbase's forgiveness every day and has certainly earned my respect and trust and looks and sounds like he's earned CJP's as well. The kid has matured, he's worked to get better, he's shown improvement from year 1 to year 2, he's never cried about OL play or dropped passes and he's trying to be a leader for this team, yet many still continue to throw hate his way.

Reactions: Rocky_top08
I guess if you call giving a fair analysis of your golden boy JG "acting stupid"

See, there you again just like in the Spurrier thread. JG is not " My golden boy". You're barking up the wrong tree, you just get mad anytime someone disagrees with something you've said.

Its okay to disagree around here without getting mad and calling everybody names.

See, there you again just like in the Spurrier thread. JG is not " My golden boy". You're barking up the wrong tree, you just get mad anytime someone disagrees with something you've said.

Pot calling the kettle black

You old farts started it and I ended you.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I haven't called you names because I disagreed with you.

But to keep from going any further with the romper room mess, I apologize for any names I've called you.
Geez Louise, my ears just popped.

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back