JG 2020

Nah. Sometimes you’re supposed to find soft spots against zone defenses. Our WR’s struggled doing this as they’d run through the soft spot and into coverage.

See, finding the soft spot relies on a QB that can identify the coverage and anticipate the receiver finding the soft spot.

By the time JG made his reads, the soft spot had closed. If you saw Burrow last night, that's how you attack a zone with CBs giving a substantial cushion. I also remember Ainge being quite good at getting the ball out quick, that also helped our sack numbers in his SR year.

The ball was out within 2s of the snap, JG never gets the ball out remotely that quick.

Reactions: cgrish
Nah. Sometimes you’re supposed to find soft spots against zone defenses. Our WR’s struggled doing this as they’d run through the soft spot and into coverage.
I’m sorry man but that’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. In all my years I’ve NEVER heard of a receiver over running his route. They find soft spots in a zone defense but the route continues from sideline to sideline vs man to man. When people complain about JGs tendencies to not “lead” a receiver they are talking about crossing routes vs man to man or a lack of anticipation to hit a receiver within the soft spot of the zone. Neither are examples of a receiver over running his route. And while I got you what’s even more pathetic than your comment is the fact that you went as far as to use a kids picture as your Avatar, mock him with your headline while being critical of his every mistake while making excuses for JG making those same mistakes. Maurer has a few haters on this board but that’s gotta take the cake.

Reactions: cgrish
I’m sorry man but that’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. In all my years I’ve NEVER heard of a receiver over running his route. They find soft spots in a zone defense but the route continues from sideline to sideline vs man to man. When people complain about JGs tendencies to not “lead” a receiver they are talking about crossing routes vs man to man or a lack of anticipation to hit a receiver within the soft spot of the zone. Neither are examples of a receiver over running his route. And while I got you what’s even more pathetic than your comment is the fact that you went as far as to use a kids picture as your Avatar, mock him with your headline while being critical of his every mistake while making excuses for JG making those same mistakes. Maurer has a few haters on this board but that’s gotta take the cake.
Pretty sure we're dealing with another k-town screen name. I'm guessing he's up to 4 or 5 now.

Pretty sure we're dealing with another k-town screen name. I'm guessing he's up to 4 or 5 now.
I’ve been staying away and just lurking because I’m tired of arguing with those guys but I think you may be right. Something gotta be wrong with that dude to go that far

Reactions: whodeycin85
I haven’t been critical of his every mistake, I’ve hardly mentioned the guy at all.

No I have no other screen names.

hahahaha pure comedy. You're definitely that DobbsForHeisman goober. Same trick, over and over.

I’m sorry man but that’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard

he doesn't know football, at all.

Yup.

Is there a rule against that? Using a bunch of sockpuppets?

Either way the dudes a troll no matter what screen name he uses.

Without a doubt.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Mods, please feel free to look into my account and let me people know that I'm not any of these other guys nor do I have another screename that I use.

Mods, please feel free to look into my account and let me people know that I'm not any of these other guys nor do I have another screename that I use.
They can check your IP address. They cannot verify you are someone different only that you post from a different device.

Oh ok. Well I don't have any other accounts
You share an opinion detached from the facts much like k-town and a few other screen names. You're writing style is similar. Your bias against Maurer... is pretty much exactly the same. If you are not the same person... give the brain back... his breathing is going to stop.

Absolutely not.
with all due respect to your opinion you can’t deny that those cupcake games would’ve benefited him much more than his first action coming against UGA and Alabama. Can you think of a worse stretch to start a true freshman? I can’t. That was quite possibly the most impossible situation a freshman qb could EVER be in. Imo JG and BM are neck to neck for different reasons that don’t need explained. The difference is JGs problems are obviously not going away. BMs problems can be fixed naturally with 2 things, patience and experience. It’s my opinion along with many others that had BM started game 1 we absolutely could’ve finished in the same spot. It can even be legitimately argued that a more experienced BM could’ve lead us to an even better record.

Learning Chaney's "system" is not like trying to become fluent in Mandarin in 3 months. You are talking about a near life-long football player here who was a RS junior in 2019, not some guy off the street with no concept of football.

I don't buy into this system taking 2 years to learn. Fields and Hurts didn't seem to have any problem learning a new system in year one. I don't have the physical talents to be a qb, but one thing I am confident of, give me the play book, access to the film room and within a month I would know the system inside and out. It's not learning the system, its the mental decisions, and passing accuracy that is the problem.

with all due respect to your opinion you can’t deny that those cupcake games would’ve benefited him much more than his first action coming against UGA and Alabama. Can you think of a worse stretch to start a true freshman? I can’t. That was quite possibly the most impossible situation a freshman qb could EVER be in. Imo JG and BM are neck to neck for different reasons that don’t need explained. The difference is JGs problems are obviously not going away. BMs problems can be fixed naturally with 2 things, patience and experience. It’s my opinion along with many others that had BM started game 1 we absolutely could’ve finished in the same spot. It can even be legitimately argued that a more experienced BM could’ve lead us to an even better record.

I agree 100% with you. And we would be sitting very very good for this upcoming year.

Agreed..

It's not just that he'll be in the second year of the system, but the coaches will also have another year to work with him after a year of experience.
Built on the assumption that the "systems" are so radically different that he had to start over and that a parade of coaches inside and outside the program haven't tried to fix his flaws.

He has flaws that make him easy to defend. It doesn't take talented defenders as much as a DC who recognizes that JG is a half count late on his reads and does not anticipate throws well.

I posted the numbers elsewhere.... but the above is why they seldom throw RPO's with JG. He's not going to read even relatively few and simple keys then throw to a spot. He has to think and see before throwing. This is a chronic problem. It appears to be an innate weakness.

I've been in JG's corner simply because he's been the Coaches choice. I also believe he gave us the best chance to win games this past year. On the other hand, if you are watching the championship game you can see what type of a QB it takes to win Championships. There is two playing tonight.

Absolutely, if jg had been the qb for lsu he would have been sacked many times, he has no pocket presence, doesn't throw till the receivers are open. imo put jg as qb on lsu team they would have been shellacked last night.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back