JG 2020

And if it is BM or Shrout or Hill?

You're being disingenuous again thought. You weren't preaching this message when they were poised to give the job to Maurer. You said they didn't know what they were doing.
Stop lying. I said the coaches would pick the right guy. I'll give you 1000 if you find me saying that they wouldn't play the right guy for the situation.

It most likely will not be one of the other four. If it is I hope they are great.

Stop lying. I said the coaches would pick the right guy. I'll give you 1000 if you find me saying that they wouldn't play the right guy for the situation.
You said they weren't playing the right guy when they put Maurer in. You were not proclaiming that they were playing the guy they believed gave them the best chance to win.

You are a fundamentally dishonest person.

It most likely will not be one of the other four. If it is I hope they are great.
Lying... again. You have been nothing if not determined to deny the good things Maurer did. Some of us have been more than honest about his flaws and improvement needs. You... have not been honest whatsoever. But why change now, huh?

I love the tears of the haters in this thread. I'm embarrassed to share fanhood with a lot of you. I really really wish you were fans of a different team. However, I love that JG is coming back, just because I know it bothers you all so much.

He will be the starter and be given a chance to lead this team in 2020. If he fails, he will lose the opportunity. Simple as that. Coach Cornbread, Coach Moo Moo or whatever derogatory comment some of you have used for him will make the choice that best benefits this football team. I know this is a forum, and discussion is the purpose, but the lot of you who think you're a better college football coach that Pruitt or Chaney sound ridiculous.

I hope JG throws 30+ TDs next year. I hope he has the best year ever, unlike you fools hoping he fails so you'll be right. I don't give a blank about whether you're right or not, I want to win football games.
Will you feel the same next season st 6-6???

People talk about that, but thinking about it, I'm not sure that ever happens all that much. Coaches tend to ride the best guy as long as they can and then just figure things out when they're gone.
Auburn just did it. Lol they had more experiance on the bench but played nix

Reactions: 1vol8

I actually agree with you for once. Because you never said anything positive or negative when BM was starting. You simply disappeared until he messed up.

I actually agree with you for once. Because you never said anything positive or negative when BM was starting. You simply disappeared until he messed up.
I was here. I have him credit for his one quarter spark of energy.

Sorry his success was so fleeting that it seemed that way.

Auburn just did it. Lol they had more experiance on the bench but played nix
Yeah but.... Nobody plays a young QB from day 1 because they want to build experience and win 1-2 years from now. He played because Gus thought he was the best option now.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Yeah but.... Nobody plays a young QB from day 1 because they want to build experience and win 1-2 years from now. He played because Gus thought he was the best option now.
Which is why Pruitt started Maurer vs UGA and MSU.

Your just guessing based on your bias thatbit doesnt happen often...No coach is going to risk publicly sayinh "yea. These 2 are even. But we went with a young guy for for the furture.." they say the best option to win now...you know what coach speak is... btw. Can you msg me.

Exactly. And he didn't do anything to take the job. He was worse than the guy who left the door open that gave him a chance.
Can't quite go with you there. He was clearly better against UGA early than JG had been all year. Problem was that once they adjusted, he wasn't really equipped to counterpunch. In a weird way,it showed the value of BM's playmaking ability AND JG's value as an experienced starter. Once the picks piled up for Maurer, it became more apparent that it was going to be better to endure JG's lapses than try and force Maurer to drink from a fire hose. I think if we had even an average run game to lean on, Maurer would've gotten a longer leash.

Can't quite go with you there. He was clearly better against UGA early than JG had been all year. Problem was that once they adjusted, he wasn't really equipped to counterpunch. In series way,it showed the value of BM's playmaking ability AND JG's value as an experienced starter. Once the picks piled up for Maurer, it became more apparent that it was going to be better to endure JG's lapses than try and force Maurer to drink from a fire hose. I think if we had even an average run game to lean on, Maurer would've gotten a longer leash.
I think Maurer benefited from UGA completely disrespecting his passing ability. It lasted one quarter that he was still only 50% passing in. He had one early busted play for a td. That one play clouded a lot of people's judgement. They rest of the UGA game after the first 16minutes BM was bad. Maybe I can say he had the best opening quarter. JG had better overall games that we won and he wasn't only 50% or below passing in.

Exactly. And he didn't do anything to take the job. He was worse than the guy who left the door open that gave him a chance.

Well Maurer did get injured after MSU. Who knows if he'd stayed healthy who knows what would have resulted but either way, it will get sorted out before fall and if JG is the starter then he's the starter. Like it or not.

I think Maurer benefited from UGA completely disrespecting his passing ability. It lasted one quarter that he was still only 50% passing in. He had one early busted play for a td. That one play clouded a lot of people's judgement. They rest of the UGA game after the first 16minutes BM was bad. Maybe I can say he had the best opening quarter. JG had better overall games that we won and he wasn't only 50% or below passing in.
No doubt that's what was happening, but Maurer threw balls to the right spots and got about 200 yards on them.

Reactions: k-town_king
Well Maurer did get injured after MSU. Who knows if he'd stayed healthy who knows what would have resulted but either way, it will get sorted out before fall and if JG is the starter then he's the starter. Like it or not.
That's my whole thing. As ugly as it was at times, I think Pruitt played the right guy at the right time

Your just guessing based on your bias thatbit doesnt happen often...No coach is going to risk publicly sayinh "yea. These 2 are even. But we went with a young guy for for the furture.." they say the best option to win now...you know what coach speak is... btw. Can you msg me.
I wouldn’t call it a bias really. I just think there’s too much pressure to win now for anybody to take a step back on purpose.

That's my whole thing. As ugly as it was at times, I think Pruitt played the right guy at the right time

Agreed. As frustrating as it was, CP just had to go with what he had and made it work. This has been the mantra of Vol fans for the past decade but I seriously think this time around, when CP gets a few more pieces in place and gets consistency out of each position group, watch out. JMO of course.

No doubt that's what was happening, but Maurer threw balls to the right spots and got about 200 yards on them.
Yes he had a "great quarter" of only 50% passing. He did put up a lot of yards during that 16 minutes. I think it was mainly due to bad db play but he took advantage. It seems to have been an aberration. After that nothing but turnovers.

JG has had better halves and full games. I'll take better more consistent play.

When I only see good things happen for literally a quarter I think it was more on the defense than what the qb did.

VN Store

Back