Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

Orange Mound, Nutbush, Raleigh, Frayser... yet Banks is from... Cordova. If you know the area, there's some humor in that. I think he was scared and talking tough to the officer. Not sure why the general public needs to know about this stuff.
Exactly! I immediately thought the same thing. This guy isn't from the hood, he's from middle class to upper middle class suburbia!

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I dont know is history is police. I know how star athletes are typically treated in their home towns, cant assume that apply to Banks. And ill say, even the folks I deal with that dont like cops at all still know theres a limit to what you need to say. And to act like cops are getting shot at every day in Cordova, TN to the point kids think is normal is just stupid.

I gotta ticket two weeks ago and I talked crap to the police for at least 15 minutes.....should I be dismissed from my job? Jeremy banks is a good kid.

I gotta ticket two weeks ago and I talked crap to the police for at least 15 minutes.....should I be dismissed from my job? Jeremy banks is a good kid.
That and never be allowed on UT’s campus again. You nasty thug you.... 😎

That's between you and your job. That dude that cussed out the little girl at chic fil a was fired from his job. Businesses decide if an action made public is a bad look on their business and if it will have a negative effect..thats their business and in this case UTs business.

Now could you please show me a post where I said Banks should be kicked out of school?

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
That's between you and your job. That dude that cussed out the little girl at chic fil a was fired from his job. Businesses decide if an action made public is a bad look on their business and if it will have a negative effect..thats their business and in this case UTs business.

Now could you please show me a post where I said Banks should be kicked out of school?

Not sure what you're talking about with chic fila.....but I was addressing someone else in regards to JBs dismissal (which is the point of the thread)....I'm glad your against it...

Not sure what you're talking about with chic fila.....but I was addressing someone else in regards to JBs dismissal (which is the point of the thread)....I'm glad your against it...
A guy recorded.himself cussing out a little girl that works at chic fil a because of Dan Kathys political religious stance and was fired from his job, point being if your job wants to fire you for mouthing off to a cop that's their business. If the shareholders, boosters season ticket holders etc at UT want banks gone, thats their business, really has nothing to do with me either.
I just think its funny that if he is dismissed he act like his life is over. Dude will go juco and hopefully back to a.major college, pretty much a reflection of life...life is hard, it's harder when you do dumb things....and it should be.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Maybe you’re so self absorbed in your own wisdom that you don’t realize just how much the “Me Too” movement could remove and wreck even the great Peyton Manning.

You're right...I've become self absorbed.....but the thought of him doing that is awesome.....sorry for offending you...

What if I said "all TN players that sing in their church choir" are the best players on the team......could I stay in the forum? Please?
Huge difference in being a hard ass (JJ) and a dumbass (banks) however I don't believe Banks should be kicked off the team but I don't believe he should be playing football Saturday. There should be consequences but mistakes should not ruin the young man's chance at life.

Reactions: keenobserver
Huge difference in being a hard ass (JJ) and a dumbass (banks) however I don't believe Banks should be kicked off the team but I don't believe he should be playing football Saturday. There should be consequences but mistakes should not ruin the young man's chance at life.

Very well said.......you'll be crucified on this thread though

A guy recorded.himself cussing out a little girl that works at chic fil a because of Dan Kathys political religious stance and was fired from his job, point being if your job wants to fire you for mouthing off to a cop that's their business. If the shareholders, boosters season ticket holders etc at UT want banks gone, thats their business, really has nothing to do with me either.
I just think its funny that if he is dismissed he act like his life is over. Dude will go juco and hopefully back to a.major college, pretty much a reflection of life...life is hard, it's harder when you do dumb things....and it should be.
When you do stupid things...you win stupid prizes.

They are. And at a program worth a damn it wouldn’t be possible for a player to miss court. That’s why this stuff never happened at the places you were at before, Rainsville. The program makes sure players don’t get warrants for failure to appear and then cops get to use discretion for stuff like this. This guy is not ready to run a program. This is just another example in the ever growing list of sins.
Maybe the other schools have a better “fixer” that drags guys downtown personally to take care of their business.

Very well said.......you'll be crucified on this thread though
It's ok, no one has to share the same opinion. I believe the optics of this are bad and there should without a doubt be consequences but I don't believe this crime fits the punishment of capital punishment. Mr. Banks simply needs to learn that playing football at UT is a privilege and an honor, not his God given right.

Reactions: keenobserver

I gotcha.....but I keep arguing with people on here bc I think hes gonna be really good........how many players at bama, Clemson, etc are idiots, but good players? Can we give the kid a break? He didn't do anything besides talk s#$t.....

JMO one game suspension and like others said run the stadium steps til he drops! Then several hours mandatory volunteering working at the police station! Maybe he should learn that the police are there for a reason!

Banks shouldn't be kicked off the team. He should do several hours of ride-along.

However, Memphis should be kicked out of the state of Tennessee. Let Arkansas have it. Or the bottom of the Mississippi.
Still better than living in bama.

Reactions: Tarkus
I've watched the video three times this morning.

Please tell me where or quote me where he directly threatened the police officer with harm, along with directly threatening the person riding along.

I'll hang up and listen.

Side note - it is amazing how much so many people hate Pruitt for coaching a sport that has no direct impact on yall's life, but because one player who didn't take care of his private affairs, its somehow on Pruitt..... The Pruitt hate has never made me want the guy to win here more than it has these last 4-5 weeks.
I did listen to it. I encourage everyone who might for one minute believe you over me to please listen to it.

VN Store

Back