Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

Don't get squeamish when you get a look at how the sausage is made. Just hope it starts tasting better

Reactions: Behr
And people like you who think its their right to know all the info of an individual who you have no relationship with are also a big issue with today's society.

The only people that matter here are Banks, Pruitt (because he's the players' dad while away from their actual parents), and the cops.

Yet for a lot of people, including you, on here, yall are acting like Banks threatened you too.

Yall are so soft.
Good take. If you aren’t one of the people directly involved and won’t condone threatening police, you're soft. My gosh, your parents must be proud.

Dude he ARRESTED him for a damn speeding ticket ! Seriously wtf that’s ridiculous
The officer explained the issue to Pruitt more than once. Pruitt understood what was happening and still didn’t get it. He expected preferential treatment and was upset when it was denied.

Once again, if it is so cut and dry, please tell me where he threatened the two folks in the front seat with direct harm..... Can you?
Police officer: “Well, where I come from we shoot black people”.

Would you be good with that?

Also of course Pruitt was mad. His personal body guard supposedly helped Banks get everything settle and then he gets woken up in the middle of the night with him getting arrested. Silly sh** that an SEC football coach shouldn't have to deal with when he's been told by police it has been taken care of.

No, I am the one who has to deal with thes

Good take. If you aren’t one of the people directly involved and won’t condone threatening police, you're soft. My gosh, your parents must be proud.

Once again, unless your name is Jeremy Banks, Jeremy Pruitt, or the officer and other person riding along, you have no say in this and no involvement in what happens. Now if you are one of the 4 people and on this site, you're really dumb to be posting on this subject.

Quit trying to interject yourself into something you have nothing to do with.

Reactions: CampBlount
a warrant that stemmed from a speeding ticket

Florida loses 1/4 of the team in a credit card scheme and the TayBang incident, Tennessee has a player mouthing off after getting arrested for driving with a suspended license. Yet people on here and the media are acting like Banks just shot up half of Neyland.

The excuse making for this is kind of behavior is why it keeps happening. Patting people on the head and telling them it’s ok to threaten police, fight police, and threaten to shoot up the university isn’t teaching them another way. It’s looking the other way because you feel bad about their upbringing and environment.

Well maybe, just maybe, that environment is a byproduct of a culture that continues to excuse the violence and rhetoric, and not hold them accountable.

For one, he didn't threaten the police. Now certainly, he needs disciplined for the actual crime he was arrested for, but talking **** to a cop isn't a crime.

Secondly, each case is different. The school shooting threat is the most troubling, but there was only 1 witness to that particular statement and Thompson and his GF both denied it happened. It's a case of he said/she said. It's hard to discipline someone for something that might not have even happened.

Also of course Pruitt was mad. His personal body guard supposedly helped Banks get everything settle and then he gets woken up in the middle of the night with him getting arrested. Silly sh** that an SEC football coach shouldn't have to deal with when he's been told by police it has been taken care of.
That's the reason he was upset. He wasn't asking for preferential treatment he was upset that they thought it was over already

Reactions: hmhawk
No, I am the one who has to deal with thes

Lol and you have been on here for a year or more starting a million threads belittling and calling on others at any Chance you get to destroy the social life of a player on the team. It got to the point that someone should have warned JG that he has a stalker. You of all people on this board are lecturing other s about moral values ??? Oh yeah and by all accounts JG is a great guy. Just he didn’t play well enough so you belittle any chance you got or in one of the bazillion threads you started on him. You are the definition of a hypocrite

Reactions: 93AllvolSc
Guys, this isn’t hard. If you don’t show up to court or pay the ticket, the judge doesn’t just say “oh well, we tried”. You can’t be this thick?
You must have missed the part where a state trooper, assuming Pruitt's personal body guard, had told Banks and Pruitt it was all taken care of.

Guys, this isn’t hard. If you don’t show up to court or pay the ticket, the judge doesn’t just say “oh well, we tried”. You can’t be this thick?

They are. And at a program worth a damn it wouldn’t be possible for a player to miss court. That’s why this stuff never happened at the places you were at before, Rainsville. The program makes sure players don’t get warrants for failure to appear and then cops get to use discretion for stuff like this. This guy is not ready to run a program. This is just another example in the ever growing list of sins.

Reactions: CA_Vol
For one, he didn't threaten the police. Now certainly, he needs disciplined for the actual crime he was arrested for, but talking **** to a cop isn't a crime.

Secondly, each case is different. The school shooting threat is the most troubling, but there was only 1 witness to that particular statement and Thompson and his GF both denied it happened. It's a case of he said/she said. It's hard to discipline someone for something that might not have even happened.
When did it become okay to “talk ****” to the police. Legally you’re correct, but is that who we want representing our football program? And what is Pruitt telling that locker room when he has multiple players fighting and berating police with slaps on the wrist?

Lol and you have been on here for a year or more starting a million threads belittling and calling on others at any Chance you get to destroy the social life of a player on the team. It got to the point that someone should have warned JG that he has a stalker. You of all people on this board are lecturing other s about moral values ??? Oh yeah and by all accounts JG is a great guy. Just he didn’t play well enough so you belittle any chance you got or in one of the bazillion threads you started on him. You are the definition of a hypocrite

Its clear that Pruitt should hire him to be the "How to deal with interactions involving police" resource officer.

Of course he said he has to deal with this specific Banks incident. So given that only 4 people really have a say on the matter, CA Vol is one of the following:

Jeremy Banks
Jeremy Pruitt
The Arresting Officer
The Intern Ride Along

Bye bye JB. Definitely a line was crossed. I worked with teenaged delinquents long enough to know you either can control your mouth and admit to yourself you made a mistake and go on or you can't.

I'm 62 and totally disagree with kicking him off the team. The young man was angry and frustrated and when I read the story I can see why. What he stated may not be acceptable in the way some of us grew up and was raised but the world is totally different. Words that are offensive to me are commonly used every single hour of the day in everything around us.....From RAP music to ordinary music to movies and lots of other things. That does not necessarily make them a criminal or thug (as it took me a few years to comprehend and understand that). This young man realized he made a mistake like all of us have made in our young lives, and has apologized for it. While I say it could have been handled better by both parties, I am not going to condemn the young man for a mistake he can learn by and I'm not going to throw him under the bus for something that he has learned from. I will also say that the officers probably see things like this every single day as well and they take a lot of "it" as them venting their anger. For them to do their job, they take a lot of "stuff" that many folks would lose their cool under. But at the end of the day, if they can positively impact someone's life, I'm willing to bet that they would be content in taking the verbal abuse they got here should Banks go on to better and greater things in his life! It can be something they can chuckle about years from now should Banks make it professionally one day.

Reactions: VolsVFL

VN Store

Back