Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

Remember, Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, unless he is convicted of a crime (and a serious crime), he should remain a Vol! Yes sir, and we should rally around him, and try to show him as much support as we can. I mean who amongst us, hasn't said stuff like that to cops? Maybe he had a little "tiff" with one of his girls friends, this would explain it.
Slow your roll homey. You stated "one of his girlfriends," which could be taken as JB has a little pimp action going on the side. That profession could explain the late hours.

My one serious post a year post:
After watching and listening to both videos, I honestly don’t understand how anyone can support this coach. I have not been one of the guys calling for Pruitt to be fired. Quite the opposite, in fact. But Pruitt’s behavior and sense of entitlement are completely out of line with what we should expect.

I’m more disturbed by Pruitt’s recording than I am of Banks’ recording. Pruitt is a forty something year old grown man that gets paid millions. Banks is young and dumb. Banks thinks this kind of stuff is ok because of his role models. Pruitt is now that role model and he showed Banks that he should receive preferential treatment based on his ability to play football.

But in the end, they both should be considered an embarrassment to the university and shown the door. I would rather cheer for a losing football team than have UT represented by these kinds of folks.

Even if you’re one of the guys that hates law enforcement, surely you’re not ok with the way they (Pruitt and Banks) were acting.

Thank you for reading my TedTalk.

Our coach gets woken up from a player in the middle of the night. A player who he thought he already helped through his legal matter because he has nobody else at home to help and you take that away from it?
Pruitt is just trying to figure out what his player did, and once he discovers it’s an issue they think they already dealt with he asks a few questions?

News flash you already are cheering for a losing team because everyone is ready to fire a coach after 15 minutes of trying because they don’t like his voice at 3am. Good grief.

This, in combination with Bryce Thompson, in combination with Kenneth George still being on the team after throwing a punch at a cop, means that some of y’all defending all this probably need to sit out the discussion next time one of your rivals has a kid get into trouble.

I’ve said it before, it’s never wise to pass judgement on any program that has players getting into legal trouble because it’s just a matter of time before whatever program you follow has their own issues. Unfortunately, that’s just the way it is. Personally, I like to see kids like Banks (and others) get second chances. Maybe more troubling than Banks’ comments are the buffoonish comments attributed to Pruitt. Good grief, he’s about as unpolished as you can get. And “unpolished” is being kind.

In this case, as with all cases, you entrust the coaches and administration to do the right thing as they see fit.

There is nothing buffoonish about Pruitt’s comments to Banks, the cops, or the media on this situation.

Reactions: hmhawk
My one serious post a year post:
After watching and listening to both videos, I honestly don’t understand how anyone can support this coach. I have not been one of the guys calling for Pruitt to be fired. Quite the opposite, in fact. But Pruitt’s behavior and sense of entitlement are completely out of line with what we should expect.

I’m more disturbed by Pruitt’s recording than I am of Banks’ recording. Pruitt is a forty something year old grown man that gets paid millions. Banks is young and dumb. Banks thinks this kind of stuff is ok because of his role models. Pruitt is now that role model and he showed Banks that he should receive preferential treatment based on his ability to play football.

But in the end, they both should be considered an embarrassment to the university and shown the door. I would rather cheer for a losing football team than have UT represented by these kinds of folks.

Even if you’re one of the guys that hates law enforcement, surely you’re not ok with the way they (Pruitt and Banks) were acting.

Thank you for reading my TedTalk.

Literally no one sane would take this stance.

The vendetta out for Pruitt because of wins and losses has now leaked into anything now off the field.

Pruitt could cough wrong and y’all would take offense to it.

Good grief you are soft.

Only at Tennessee....you finally get a sorry-arse, punk ass Memphis thug who talks about shooting cops in the back of a cop car, and threatens a female cop that he’ll “see her around campus” (we all know EXACTLY what that means), talks all kinds of ish about how Pruitt will ban them from the stadium, etc, etc, etc.......,.and he ain’t worth an ISH on the field playing football, which is the ONLY reason he’s on a college campus. If we’re start signing these punk ass thugs again, can we at least get ones that can play football?

Yep, ONLY at Tennessee.
So you just roast the kid because he doesn’t meet your standard of player but if he did then all the stuff you just blasted him on, including what you were implying in regards to the female officer, doesn’t matter? What’s wrong with you?

Literally no one sane would take this stance.

The vendetta out for Pruitt because of wins and losses has not leaked into anything now.

Pruitt could cough wrong and y’all would take offense to it.

Good grief you are soft.
My opinion has nothing to do with wins and losses. I thought I made that clear in my comment.

Only at Tennessee....you finally get a sorry-arse, punk ass Memphis thug who talks about shooting cops in the back of a cop car, and threatens a female cop that he’ll “see her around campus” (we all know EXACTLY what that means), talks all kinds of ish about how Pruitt will ban them from the stadium, etc, etc, etc.......,.and he ain’t worth an ISH on the field playing football, which is the ONLY reason he’s on a college campus. If we’re start signing these punk ass thugs again, can we at least get ones that can play football?

Yep, ONLY at Tennessee.

You’re off your rocker.

Reactions: CampBlount
Our coach gets woken up from a player in the middle of the night. A player who he thought he already helped through his legal matter because he has nobody else at home to help and you take that away from it?
Pruitt is just trying to figure out what his player did, and once he discovers it’s an issue they think they already dealt with he asks a few questions?

News flash you already are cheering for a losing team because everyone is ready to fire a coach after 15 minutes of trying because they don’t like his voice at 3am. Good grief.
The officer explained the issue to Pruitt more than once. Pruitt understood what was happening and still didn’t get it. He expected preferential treatment and was upset when it was denied.

Reactions: 508mikey
Fire Pruitt and force Banks into transfer Portal!!!! While we are at it put Bryce Thompson in there with him!

The officer explained the issue to Pruitt more than once. Pruitt understood what was happening and still didn’t get it. He expected preferential treatment and was upset when it was denied.
You’re assuming so much here. His last words were that he got it and for the officer to exercise his civic duty. He never once said hey “I’m the ball coach aight, I’ll have you fired if you don’t let him go” good grief man he’s looking out for his players and someone else’s son.

Reactions: wesley21 and hmhawk
OP,

Get a grip. College football is full of folks who would otherwise be criminals and in gangs. If you didn't realize that, it might be time to figure it out.

Heck, I know that probably 20 or so guys on UT's football team hate me because I'm white. I don't let it bother me (I'm not saying JBanks is one of these). This is all old news, and a fact of life in the modern football world.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that to start booting players for saying "where I'm from we shoot cops" is a non-starter.

Last edited:
Reactions: hmhawk and CAVPUT
You’re assuming so much here. His last words were that he got it and for the officer to exercise his civic duty. He never once said hey “I’m the ball coach aight, I’ll have you fired if you don’t let him go” good grief man he’s looking out for his players and someone else’s son.
This is a soft take. Punish Banks for his actions. Severely.

Is not teaching kids to be accountable for their action considered taking care of them?

Wow!!! Woke up this morning to this. Banks did screw up by running that mouth which is typical of millennial young adults....just wont shut their pie hole. Kicking him off the team.......absolutely not.........running gassers or Neyland stairs would be good.

Now for CJP......in my opinion, nothing out of the ordinary of what any HC of a major program would attempt. If you think Saban, Meyer, Dabo, or even Fulmer never had those types of conversations with LE about one of their players, you are naïve. The difference is CJP's conversation was released to media and public.

This take is garbage. Pruitt tells the officer it’s the “silliest **** I’ve ever seen”, “this only happens here”, and “do your civic duty, man”. He was condescending and frankly embarrassing. “Why do you have to arrest him just because he has a warrant”?

Pruitt took another bad situation and made it worse with his own behavior. Try to have some intellectual honesty.

Quick to pass one-sided judgment, I see. First and foremost, I consider Banks an ass for talking that way to cops. And I do so for two reasons.

1. Real cops (as opposed to biased and bigoted bullies with badges) should be respected. They have a hard job that in these days and times is, in fact, getting harder. The list is too long to indicate how the job is harder but here's just a tiny few.
a. More powerful illicit drug use resulting in greater savagely violent or reckless incidents.
b. Having to handle domestic and foreign terrorist events and face a variety of powerful weaponry.
c. People across the social spectrum increasingly distrustful and willing to target cops for an ambush.

2. Too many (no, it's not just a few) hate group members have infiltrated police departments and given cops, in general, a bad reputation. And cops getting demoted and fired when they report on colleagues who abuse their power and authority. This isn't how you weed out the bad ones. Consequently, Banks is literally inviting abuse once in custody and out of sight of cameras. These guys have done horrible things like subjecting a restrained suspect's genitals to taser shocks. Gang beatings, bone-breaking and more then lying about it.

Now, all that being said, those bad apples is why folks like Jeremy feel and say what they do. They face and witness the reality of bad cops so often, it will mark your attitude. You people who neither live in their skin, experience what they do for your just minding your own business. In this Banks video, far as I can see, they simply did their jobs though there might be pre-video issues. They don't act like the badged bullies I've seen in real life or on too many videos. So I'd be among the first to say Banks should have either been respectful or kept his mouth shut. I also know his reaction is not seated in just rudeness. Like me, he has seen thug cops which a lot of you want to believe don't exist, but some of us know from experience and observations they do. Prediction: It won't surprise me if he gets stopped as a favor to a thug cop, either around Knoxville or in Memphis and shot dead on some Trumped up excuse. Or via a cop-paid punk with a criminal background. This stuff happens. He really should have kept his mouth shut.

Let's hear it from those who insist all cops are celestial and holy never in the wrong advocates here.

This take is garbage. Pruitt tells the officer it’s the “silliest **** I’ve ever seen”, “this only happens here”, and “do your civic duty, man”. He was condescending and frankly embarrassing. “Why do you have to arrest him just because he has a warrant”?

Pruitt took another bad situation and made it worse with his own behavior. Try to have some intellectual honesty.
Honestly Dude most every post you put out is negative towards the vols or coaches just pick another team !!!! I mean what did you want Pruitt to say”” well shucks he got caught take him to jail aight” . Pruitt is trying to take care of his player. He didn’t ask for special treatment, he asked a couple questions about how JB has a warrant. Was the statement “ Do you civic duty” snarky yes but condescending no. I am sure he is frustrated with the situation we all know every state in the union has DMV issues. Why everyone wants to make this into more than it is is beyond me. As far as Banks comments they are unfortunate but honestly there more a reflection of his environment then anything else. Try growing up in a crime infested neighborhood with little to no adult male leadership and see what your thoughts about police or authority are.

This is a soft take. Punish Banks for his actions. Severely.

And what were his actions? Harsh words.

The only actions he should be judged on is his inaction of failure to appear.

My goodness y’all people are all about words are louder than actions.

Well, he did threaten the female right? The other stuff I don’t give a crap about but you can’t threaten someone. Of all that was said, that bothered me.

Reactions: KBVol
Orange Mound, Nutbush, Raleigh, Frayser... yet Banks is from... Cordova. If you know the area, there's some humor in that. I think he was scared and talking tough to the officer. Not sure why the general public needs to know about this stuff.

Reactions: bigdaddy and KBVol
If this were Peyton Manning or Reggie White, would anyone seriously give a rats axx? This is a youngster and he has the mind and mouth of a youngster. This is coming from a guy that spent his 19th birthday defending his country overseas. He's cocky and mouthy. So what, fill a barrel with 19 year old males and most of them will be cocky and mouthy as well. Stop giving youngsters a lifelong scar or penalty that follows them forever for a relatively minor offense. Even Sgt. Barnes in the film Platoon, nicked the youngster who was trying to kill him after he thought about it.

Reactions: newarkvol
Honestly Dude most every post you put out is negative towards the vols or coaches just pick another team !!!! I mean what did you want Pruitt to say”” well shucks he got caught take him to jail aight” . Pruitt is trying to take care of his player. He didn’t ask for special treatment, he asked a couple questions about how JB has a warrant. Was the statement “ Do you civic duty” snarky yes but condescending no. I am sure he is frustrated with the situation we all know every state in the union has DMV issues. Why everyone wants to make this into more than it is is beyond me. As far as Banks comments they are unfortunate but honestly there more a reflection of his environment then anything else. Try growing up in a crime infested neighborhood with little to no adult male leadership and see what your thoughts about police or authority are.
The excuse making for this is kind of behavior is why it keeps happening. Patting people on the head and telling them it’s ok to threaten police, fight police, and threaten to shoot up the university isn’t teaching them another way. It’s looking the other way because you feel bad about their upbringing and environment.

Well maybe, just maybe, that environment is a byproduct of a culture that continues to excuse the violence and rhetoric, and not hold them accountable.

Wow. We have some special ones, don’t we?

Reactions: I40flyer

VN Store

Back