Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

Remember, Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, unless he is convicted of a crime (and a serious crime), he should remain a Vol! Yes sir, and we should rally around him, and try to show him as much support as we can. I mean who amongst us, hasn't said stuff like that to cops? Maybe he had a little "tiff" with one of his girls friends, this would explain it.

Reactions: OG.V83
What he said was dumb, even calling his coach was even dumber, unless they’re instructed to do that.

What I want to know is, what jackass thought he just absolutely had to look into this and request the body cam footage.

Was there something fishy about the arrest that made this reporter look into it? Cause had this been some other college student I highly doubt he’d have looked into this.

Plus he doesn’t need to be booted, maybe a game suspension and some counseling and be done with it.

But this will be spun to make our program look worse, it’ll probably be on ESPN front page by tonight no later than tomorrow.

Calling the coach isn’t stupid. It’s just like the military if you get in trouble the first person notified is your first line supervisor. I would assume that is how Tennessee football also handles these situations. Just like any business or organization would.

He should have been required to spend the week taking hand-offs from the Dean of Academic Affairs of copies of his scholarship costs while he outran the timer to the end zone about 500 times.

Reactions: DixieVol
You should go to Orange Mound heard it’s a nice neighborhood

My high school played a game at Melrose once in the mid 90s We got off the bus and there was a shooting in the adjoining parking lot about 5 mins later. We heard gunshots about 15 mins before the game. We got our as-es beat that night big time...

It's been a year since the Memphis Chamber of Commerce CEO got murdered at a 5k that my wife ran/volunteered at..

If you think they use to, you are sadly mistaken..... lol you just see it more now because of social media. People didn’t use to walk around with items that could record anything at any moment lol.

Maybe not where your from. But in most places I lived years ago, most people respected law enforcement officers (certainly not all the folks one might be arresting.....but the general public did & and they had more support with community leaders and media).
Certainly not everyone, but most people did.

The law enforcement officer (job) also used to be a very respectable job.......it’s not that highly regarded anymore.

Wouldn't it be cool if we said "Wait a minute. We have standards. This is the University of Tennessee and we have standards and we have boundaries. You are off the team. You will be welcomed back when you choose to behave like the man we thought we recruited"

instead of...

"Oh, he's 19 and will play good against us if we behave responsibly in this matter and make him mad."

General Neyland would be so proud.

Reactions: bullpen1
Apparently stupid comments require dismissal..... stupid things said by people who haven’t been in law enforcement..... lol

If people actually knew some of the things said to law enforcement that are way worse then that. Maybe they would have a clue 😂.

The general public is so sensitive nowadays.
If stupid comments called for dismissal, Freak would be out of a job!😎
GBO!!

Wouldn't it be cool if we said "Wait a minute. We have standards. This is the University of Tennessee and we have standards and we have boundaries. You are off the team. You will be welcomed back when you choose to behave like the man we thought we recruited"

instead of...

"Oh, he's 19 and will play good against us if we behave responsibly in this matter and make him mad."

General Neyland would be so proud.

I was 19 once. You probably were too as well. I can't throw the first stone here. You go ahead.

Go Vols.

I see police officers in an arrest situation as people with guns perhaps looking for an excuse to shoot you. No quick moves. Show your hands at all times. Do what you are told. Do not give them an excuse. They are under a lot of pressure and may crack at any time.

Pruitt should have already explained this to all his players. If they did not get it, there is a recruiting problem.

Wonder how it would have gone with no intern?

Seems like he is a bad investment with little chance of making it three more years.

What he said was dumb, even calling his coach was even dumber, unless they’re instructed to do that.

What I want to know is, what jackass thought he just absolutely had to look into this and request the body cam footage.

Was there something fishy about the arrest that made this reporter look into it? Cause had this been some other college student I highly doubt he’d have looked into this.

Plus he doesn’t need to be booted, maybe a game suspension and some counseling and be done with it.

But this will be spun to make our program look worse, it’ll probably be on ESPN front page by tonight no later than tomorrow.

How is this anyone’s fault except JB’s?

The person that dug this up has job that pays them to sell news stories. Shinning a light on the problem will either correct the problems that JB has, or it will be part of a string of future issues.

Reactions: I40flyer
Maybe not where your from. But in most places I lived years ago, most people respected law enforcement officers (certainly not all the folks one might be arresting.....but the general public did & and they had more support with community leaders and media).
Certainly not everyone, but most people did.

The law enforcement officer (job) also used to be a very respectable job.......it’s not that highly regarded anymore.

Most people being arrested are not respectful. They are angry and upset at the world. It’s just the nature of it. Just because he said some dumb stuff doesn’t mean he doesn’t “respect law enforcement”.

Also you don’t know where I grew up but where I grew up the general public were respectful of law enforcement but they also weren’t being arrested at the time.

Apparently stupid comments require dismissal..... stupid things said by people who haven’t been in law enforcement..... lol

If people actually knew some of the things said to law enforcement that are way worse then that. Maybe they would have a clue 😂.

The general public is so sensitive nowadays.
Years ago a guy I had arrested tried to check my kids out of elementary school. If they hadn’t of gotten to him first he wouldn’t have went to prison I would have. What banks said was typicall for the most part

Years ago a guy I had arrested tried to check my kids out of elementary school. If they hadn’t of gotten to him first he wouldn’t have went to prison I would have. What banks said was typicall for the most part

Trust me I know. I’ve also told my wife the same thing. Regarding her and my kids.

That looked like a new Mustang, who's was it? BTW, he is from Cordova, not Orange Mound, or Hollywood, just saying

I've been at 4 different spots on Germantown Parkway from Wolfchase to the Agricenter in Cordova where I've heard gunshots....

I was at the Delta Fair about to respond to a @Behr dropping re: the GSU game when I witnessed a shooting...

Reactions: Doberman

VN Store

Back