Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

Second thought I would let him stay on the team and tell him to keep his trap shut. My main concern was he profiled. The reason I ask it said made a U-Turn and if that's a fact ok I understand. The warrant deal in our area of Tennessee there are a ton of warrant suspects running around and have to be pretty bad to get pursued I think. I know several people, of several, that had them and if they stay out of trouble doubt they ever get picked up.

Nice job by Pruitt looking out for him. I have never been on board with Pruitt, but he's starting to grow on me. He showed he really cares about the player and tries to be a role model for them
How soon we forget the legal problems that arose at the end of Fulmer's tenure, were ignored during Kiffin's, and lead directly to Dooley being hired.

He was cooperative. He was calm. He didn't resist. So he said a couple of stupid things. He didnt shoot at anyone, and he didnt run.

Nothing to see here

Reactions: Lurker
No, Banks showed his butt. You threw the first stone. And I agree about acting like responsible men...but you have to understand that Jeremy comes from a culture far different than the one we grew up in. This is not about holding on to a player because he might help win games; this is about taking the opportunity to change the mindset of a young man who grew up in an "us -vs- them" world. Kicking him off the team is all but guaranteeing that he will never change his mind...or his ways.

We have to try. Not just with Jeremy, but with all when circumstances permit.

This coming from a die-hard, full blown Constitutional conservative Christian. Albeit a very flawed one. And an LEO. I have no problem with "Actions have consequences", and Jeremy should stand and answer for his mistake(s). But let's let the measure of the punishment fit the measure of the crime, right?

Firm, fair, and impartial. I wonder if every other 19 year-old black male in Knoxville who got arrested in the last year for FTA on a traffic charge lost their best shot at a solid future? Anybody remember the media articles on all of those?

I'll hang up and listen.
This 👆🏼.....

I've got to call bull on this one.

There is just no way you heard gunshots near the Agricenter, next door neighbors to the National Headquarters of Ducks Unlimited and less than a mile from a trap and skeet club.

Must have been a car back firing or maybe fireworks.

Google Delta Fair shooting the night on August 31, 2019 where I took 6 year old daughter to take mind off of GSU debacle. It was teens shooting at each other and highly doubt they were members of the skeet club..

No, Banks showed his butt. You threw the first stone. And I agree about acting like responsible men...but you have to understand that Jeremy comes from a culture far different than the one we grew up in. This is not about holding on to a player because he might help win games; this is about taking the opportunity to change the mindset of a young man who grew up in an "us -vs- them" world. Kicking him off the team is all but guaranteeing that he will never change his mind...or his ways.

We have to try. Not just with Jeremy, but with all when circumstances permit.

This coming from a die-hard, full blown Constitutional conservative Christian. Albeit a very flawed one. And an LEO. I have no problem with "Actions have consequences", and Jeremy should stand and answer for his mistake(s). But let's let the measure of the punishment fit the measure of the crime, right?

Firm, fair, and impartial. I wonder if every other 19 year-old black male in Knoxville who got arrested in the last year for FTA on a traffic charge lost their best shot at a solid future? Anybody remember the media articles on all of those?

I'll hang up and listen.
You are NOT Familiar with CORDOVA TENNESSEE, if you were you'd rethink your post.

Wait, I thought we were ok settling for thuggery and questionable personality traits in exchange for wins.... left out that part... gotta get the wins part for it to work correctly.
Now you’re getting the hang of it.
GBO!!

Second thought I would let him stay on the team and tell him to keep his trap shut. My main concern was he profiled. The reason I ask it said made a U-Turn and if that's a fact ok I understand. The warrant deal in our area of Tennessee there are a ton of warrant suspects running around and have to be pretty bad to get pursued I think. I know several people, of several, that had them and if they stay out of trouble doubt they ever get picked up.

U-turn
No license
Outstanding warrant
First dude he called couldn't drive legally

then...

Very threatening comments to officers

You're right. Go Vols.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
He was drunk...That is the problem. He said stupid things when he was drunk. Just words... Learn how to not be drunk. Problem solved.

I’ve been to four other team sites, this is the silliest $h!t I’ve ever seen!
GBO!!

" Why do you have to arrest him just because he has a warrant?"
- jeremy pruitt, head football coach at the university of Tennessee

He needs some punishment, since cjp said it was unacceptable. It he doesnt recieve any punishment then its accepted.

You are NOT Familiar with CORDOVA TENNESSEE, if you were you'd rethink your post.

I don't care if it's Cordova, Chicago, the Congo, or Cumberland Avenue.

This really isn't even about Jeremy Banks.

It's about a horseshit article by the local fishwrapper about something that happens probably ten times a week in Knoxville. This incident happened on July 17th. How did CNN and Fox not pick up on this sooner? But this one is noteworthy because it's a UT football player, and JP is suddenly in the crosshairs because he's not winning.

Geography is not the issue here. A 1-3 record is.

VN Store

Back