Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

I see police officers in an arrest situation as people with guns perhaps looking for an excuse to shoot you. No quick moves. Show your hands at all times. Do what you are told. Do not give them an excuse. They are under a lot of pressure and may crack at any time.

Pruitt should have already explained this to all his players. If they did not get it, there is a recruiting problem.

Wonder how it would have gone with no intern?
I see postal employees in even a worse light, they don't even need an excuse, and you want to talk about pressure! The have to deliver the mail....

I've been at 4 different spots on Germantown Parkway from Wolfchase to the Agricenter in Cordova where I've heard gunshots....
Well, I'm glad you've cleared that up, in that case it is perfectly okay to tell the officer, " We shoot cops where I'm from....". I wonder if it would be okay for a HS student to tell one of his teachers something like that?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I'd be down with kicking off everyone on the entire team other than about 5 players. Other than that the ENTIRE roster needs to be replaced

Most people being arrested are not respectful. They are angry and upset at the world. It’s just the nature of it. Just because he said some dumb stuff doesn’t mean he doesn’t “respect law enforcement”.

Also you don’t know where I grew up but where I grew up the general public were respectful of law enforcement but they also weren’t being arrested at the time.

That’s exactly what I was saying (bold).

I’m sure it wasn’t the same everywhere, but back in the day (probably up until maybe 15-20 years ago or so) the “public was more respectful” of law enforcement than they tend to be now days.

The first part I understand. My father was a law enforcement officer, my brother is an officer (for over the past 20 years), I used to work in corrections then in law enforcement and then in fugitive recovery.

Also not saying Banks “has no” respect for law enforcement.........but back in the day most people prob had “more” respect to simply not say something like he did.

It doesn't

What he said was stupid, but officers hear that nonsense all the time. They say it, but don't mean it. It's just to try and piss them off. He apologized and that's the end of it

No need in destroying a kids future over one silly ass comment

We're better than these SJWs who want to fire people for what they said. Everyone says things sometimes that they regret later. We need to remember that
Hell yeah 👍🏼🇺🇸

Well, I'm glad you've cleared that up, in that case it is perfectly okay to tell the officer, " We shoot cops where I'm from....". I wonder if it would be okay for a HS student to tell one of his teachers something like that?

I'm not condoning his actions at all. I was trying (and failed) to make the point that these kids that grow up in Memphis have no respect for authority and that they are probably numb to the topic of gun violence. Even in Cordova, which is nicer than most parts of Memphis, I've heard several shootings in my sonewhat limited time there

Bye bye JB. Definitely a line was crossed. I worked with teenaged delinquents long enough to know you either can control your mouth and admit to yourself you made a mistake and go on or you can't.
Wait, I thought we were ok settling for thuggery and questionable personality traits in exchange for wins.... left out that part... gotta get the wins part for it to work correctly.

If you think they use to, you are sadly mistaken..... lol you just see it more now because of social media. People didn’t use to walk around with items that could record anything at any moment lol.
Thankfully so....most all of us have done things that would be frowned upon had they been posted out on Front St. the way everything is today.
If I were young and having a party, I’d implement a no phones allowed policy and they’d be collected at the door.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Thankfully so....most all of us have done things that would be frowned upon had they been posted out on Front St. the way everything is today.
If I were young and having a party, I’d implement a no phones allowed policy and they’d be collected at the door.

A lot of high level fundraisers etc do that

Reactions: Carl Pickens
I've been at 4 different spots on Germantown Parkway from Wolfchase to the Agricenter in Cordova where I've heard gunshots....

I was at the Delta Fair about to respond to a @Behr dropping re: the GSU game when I witnessed a shooting...

I've got to call bull on this one.

There is just no way you heard gunshots near the Agricenter, next door neighbors to the National Headquarters of Ducks Unlimited and less than a mile from a trap and skeet club.

Must have been a car back firing or maybe fireworks.

Reactions: I40flyer
This issue has already been addressed. The kid made some stupid remarks but this issue is resolved.

Channel 10 just wanted some salacious clicks and knew they'd get them because it was a UT football
player saying stupid stuff.

This is not at all dissimilar to the language in music these kids listen to every day.

I don't like it, but it's where we are today. Kids don't respect the police, their parents or almost anyone.

But this issue is in the past. There's nothing here that merits more discipline.

Reactions: buryMEinORANGE
I didn't throw the first stone. Banks did. If we don't act like responsible men, who is going to?

No, Banks showed his butt. You threw the first stone. And I agree about acting like responsible men...but you have to understand that Jeremy comes from a culture far different than the one we grew up in. This is not about holding on to a player because he might help win games; this is about taking the opportunity to change the mindset of a young man who grew up in an "us -vs- them" world. Kicking him off the team is all but guaranteeing that he will never change his mind...or his ways.

We have to try. Not just with Jeremy, but with all when circumstances permit.

This coming from a die-hard, full blown Constitutional conservative Christian. Albeit a very flawed one. And an LEO. I have no problem with "Actions have consequences", and Jeremy should stand and answer for his mistake(s). But let's let the measure of the punishment fit the measure of the crime, right?

Firm, fair, and impartial. I wonder if every other 19 year-old black male in Knoxville who got arrested in the last year for FTA on a traffic charge lost their best shot at a solid future? Anybody remember the media articles on all of those?

I'll hang up and listen.

I've got to call bull on this one.

There is just no way you heard gunshots near the Agricenter, next door neighbors to the National Headquarters of Ducks Unlimited and less than a mile from a trap and skeet club.

Must have been a car back firing or maybe fireworks.

Completely different sounds but ok.....

VN Store

Back