Jeremy Banks day 1 pick?

Why because the cops would have took care of it or Al had more respect for himself and others than JB?
The coach, AD, and police would have deep 6'd it. It happened a lot more than it didn't. Much of Fulmer's downfall happened after they couldn't cover things up as easily. He couldn't adjust to it.

Plenty got out, they wasn't stupid enough to say that to a cops face.
Some got out when it absolutely couldn't be contained. A LOT didn't get out. That was true across college football. I went to a small school and it was true there. Football players did pretty much anything they wanted there short of killing someone.

He also recovered well from that issue and earned his way back to the team. If I were a scout I'd be a lot more concerned about whatever happened before the USCe game. But that's minor compared to a lot of what's ignored.

Reactions: Remy
You might be right. However, you and me, we don't get to decide if he's 1st round picked or not. We can be glad the Banks notes are written and will be cashed elsewhere.

Find a mock draft anywhere with him in the first. I’d even settle for one with him in the second

The coach, AD, and police would have deep 6'd it. It happened a lot more than it didn't. Much of Fulmer's downfall happened after they couldn't cover things up as easily. He couldn't adjust to it.

Some got out when it absolutely couldn't be contained. A LOT didn't get out. That was true across college football. I went to a small school and it was true there. Football players did pretty much anything they wanted there short of killing someone.
He also recovered well from that issue and earned his way back to the team. If I were a scout I'd be a lot more concerned about whatever happened before the USCe game. But that's minor compared to a lot of what's ignored.

SILENCE sjt18!! We got self-righteous, sinless, and fault-free people on VN who don't cotton to hear about whatever Banks did right. They only want to point out and hear about what he did wrong. And under no circumstances to ever forgive, as it is against their celestial law. SILENCE!!

If Al did that back in his day, you'd likely never heard about it. There was no social media, no internet, and it just would have been stifled and silenced back then.
IIRC, Leonard Little was a problem from that standpoint if I understood correctly. I knew people who were familiar with him in Asheville.

Well, offer me a six figure contract to investigate that for you and I'll do it? For a $50,000 bonus, if i can't find such a mock draft, I'll create a DIY draft that does. I believe in always giving a paying customer what they ask for.
I mean I can throw something together for 100 bucks if you need to outsource that mock draft. I’ll even do different crayolas for the team colors if you throw in an extra fifty. 😂

IIRC, Leonard Little was a problem from that standpoint if I understood correctly. I knew people who were familiar with him in Asheville.

Wouldn't surprise me. Guy had lived in or through the free love, funk, and psychedelic era. And come out unscathed? Unlikely.

Banks had 219 tackles and 3 Ints...he played 2 less games too.
But you're not gonna talk about Al Wilson's 4.59 40 and 17 Bench press reps of 225?
Banks ran 4.53 and benched 225 25 times! talk about Als shoulders or whatever. The fact is Banks threw it up 8 more times!

I love Al. But he got injured quite a bit.
How was Banks on the front? He was never injured. Maybe if he were injured some he wouldn't have gotten so many personal fouls lol.

Also, look who Al had as running mates at UT vs what Banks had around him.
From a production and athletic standpoint, they are absolutely comparable.

That was my point. So don't try to steer it into big picture.
Al Wilson is the best leader that Tennessee has ever had...
Tell

You realize that athletes aren't the same now as they were beck then right? Jeremy Banks isn't doing anything special at this combine. There also the matter of Al Wilson ability to read and diagnose plays. Something Banks is terrible at.

Zero chance. I'm not even convinced he gets drafted. He's absolute garbage in coverage and has character issues.
There's value in the NFL as a run stopper and sure tackler. Maybe not a starter, but should get in the rotation. Besides top shelf LB's, most all of them lack high end cover skills. He'd also have a value on special teams. Character issues may drop him to round 4-5, but won't keep him off the field.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Lots of skilled guys never make it in the NFL. Tons of skilled guy don’t have the mental toughness to handle the up’s and downs of the League and everything that goes along with it. To this point Banks has made some questionable choices that almost didn’t allow him to make it out of Ut in good standing. He’s going to need to mature a lot to become a day 1 or 2nd round guy.
Yeah, I don't see him in first two rounds at all. Also, you'd think that some of his self-imposed adversity he encountered in college would help him understand "what not to do" in NFL, but sometimes, like they say, "you can't fix stupid"...so, guess we'll see. Wish him the best.

These are not 1st or even 2nd round grades. The thing he does best is rush the QB and he's not even top 100 in that.

1678126815889.png

Name ONE Linebacker in the SEC that was good in pass coverage the past 3 years??

ONE!

Name a 1st round LB who was worse in coverage (46.7) in the last 5 years? The answer is no-one. Only 3 guys were nearly as bad: Brooks (57.9), Walker (70.6), and Parsons (68.5). But it is worth noting that Walker and Parsons both add more as edge rushers than Banks on top of having superior coverage grades. If he were to go in the 1st round, he would be the worst LB to go that high in a very long time.

2022 1st Round LB PFF Coverage Grades:
Quay Walker: 70.6,
Devin Loyd: 82.9, 4.66 40

2021 1st Round LB PFF Coverage Grades:
Micah Parsons 68.5
Zaven Collins: 93.0
Jamin Davis: 72.2

2020 1st Round LB PFF Coverage Grades:
Isaiah Simmons: 77.6
Kenneth Murray: 80.6
Jordyn Brooks: 57.9
Patrick Queen: 82.0,

2019 1st Round LB PFF Coverage Grades:
Devin White: 91.6
Devin Bush: 87.7

2018 1st Round LB PFF Coverage Grades
Roquan Smith: 90.6
Tremaine Edmunds: 81.0,
Leighton Vander Esch: 86.2

This cat is
6'1 232 lbs
4.5 - 40
37.5 vertical
25 reps of 225 (400 lbs eq)
Had over 200 career tackles
9 sacks
4 Ints

All around production and physical testing puts him as ones of the most skilled LBs to ever play at UT.
If you don't agree, looks at Al Wilson's and Jerrod Mayos to compare.

I think Banks is a fourth or fifth round pick because of his off the field issues.

Not to be that guy, but being UDFA could be the best thing for him. The only downside is that he needs to remove that Shelby County sized chip off of his shoulder. It can be a motivator or something burns his fire just a little too much.

Not to be that guy, but being UDFA could be the best thing for him. The only downside is that he needs to remove that Shelby County sized chip off of his shoulder. It can be a motivator or something burns his fire just a little too much.

Yeah I could see him making the right roster for sure

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Banks had 219 tackles and 3 Ints...he played 2 less games too.
But you're not gonna talk about Al Wilson's 4.59 40 and 17 Bench press reps of 225?
Banks ran 4.53 and benched 225 25 times! talk about Als shoulders or whatever. The fact is Banks threw it up 8 more times!

I love Al. But he got injured quite a bit.
How was Banks on the front? He was never injured. Maybe if he were injured some he wouldn't have gotten so many personal fouls lol.

Also, look who Al had as running mates at UT vs what Banks had around him.
From a production and athletic standpoint, they are absolutely comparable.

That was my point. So don't try to steer it into big picture.
Al Wilson is the best leader that Tennessee has ever had...
Tell

If numbers at the combine were important there are a lot of guys who wouldnt be talked about today. It’s glorified practice. Yes I know it helps but it is what it is.

Maybe if he wasn’t such a headache off the field he’d have closer numbers but he’s no Al.

I’ll talk about him being a touch slow sure but Al was never going to be a blazer.

At the end of the day good for Banks he’ll get another chance and more than likely screw it up too.

I'm not stating an opinion one way or the other because I'm not that familiar with the other LBs available. But what do you think makes him a high risk pick? He's had some trouble but that doesn't keep NFL teams from picking players in the 1st round.

If I were going to say why he might not be drafted high then I'd look at team needs, the premium or lack thereof on LBs now, and his decisions on the field. He also hasn't been great in pass coverage in his UT career.

Simply put he doesent check the boxes to be a R1.

Reactions: VFLBerg
Why??

Have you even looked at their numbers from college or the NFL Combine?

Or is this just pure bias without actually analyzing?

I've looked at the numbers.
  • 2019 - 10 Games
  • 2020 - 4 Games
  • 2022 - 2 Games

Those are the numbers for missed games based on his behavior. I appreciate his contributions, wish him well, and don't agree w/our fans who want to $hit on him now that he's no longer part of the team. But if you think there's a realistic chance that any team is going to take Banks in the 1st round, I've got some ocean-front property in Memphis to sell you.

Reactions: pimo1
This cat is
6'1 232 lbs
4.5 - 40
37.5 vertical
25 reps of 225 (400 lbs eq)
Had over 200 career tackles
9 sacks
4 Ints

All around production and physical testing puts him as ones of the most skilled LBs to ever play at UT.
If you don't agree, looks at Al Wilson's and Jerrod Mayos to compare.
If I were a betting man I'd say he is mid day 3. His off-field baggage and limited pass coverage ability hurt him. The fact he will likely be a dynamite special teamer helps guarantee he gets drafted. As a linebacker his off-field wont hurt him as much as if he was say a WR or QB but it certainly does not help. Both Al Wilson were better in pass coverage, rushing the passer and character than him. Honestly, I think stepping on that T cost him a round or 2.. outside of that I could have seen him go 2nd or 3rd round.. with that on top of the rest of the mess it pushes him into the late 4 early 5 range.

You can't name one LBer that is excellent in coverage.
so the only valid point you have is the character stuff for which he's been documented as remedying.

He did get invited to a SR all-star game and the NFL Combine.

Undrafted?? That's hilarious!
We will see

VN Store

Back