This cat is
6'1 232 lbs
4.5 - 40
37.5 vertical
25 reps of 225 (400 lbs eq)
Had over 200 career tackles
9 sacks
4 Ints

All around production and physical testing puts him as ones of the most skilled LBs to ever play at UT.
If you don't agree, looks at Al Wilson's and Jerrod Mayos to compare.

This cat is
6'1 232 lbs
4.5 - 40
37.5 vertical
9 sacks
4 Ints

All around production and physical testing puts him as ones of the most skilled LBs to ever play at UT.

Has a couple of 🚩 🚩 that likely put him in 4th round

This cat is
6'1 232 lbs
4.5 - 40
37.5 vertical
9 sacks
4 Ints

To even put him in the same sentence as those two let alone make comparisons is insulting to the level those two men played at

Zero chance. I'm not even convinced he gets drafted. He's absolute garbage in coverage and has character issues.

You nailed it with the first issue…pass coverage…

NFL teams are somewhat concerned with the off field stuff but if a dude can play they’ll take a chance…his flaws in pass coverage will make him a day 3 pick IMO

Zero chance. I'm not even convinced he gets drafted. He's absolute garbage in coverage and has character issues.
You can't name one LBer that is excellent in coverage.
so the only valid point you have is the character stuff for which he's been documented as remedying.

He did get invited to a SR all-star game and the NFL Combine.

Undrafted?? That's hilarious!

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
You nailed it with the first issue…pass coverage…

NFL teams are somewhat concerned with the off field stuff but if a dude can play they’ll take a chance…his flaws in pass coverage will make him a day 3 pick IMO

Name ONE Linebacker in the SEC that was good in pass coverage the past 3 years??

ONE!

Bias to what? I’ve been highly critical of Banks and given him praise for his play. He’s just not in the same playing space as the other two.
So you haven't looked at their numbers.

Thanks for answering the question.
Is just bias.

Jeremy Banks Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Weaknesses
  • Athletic frame is a little light for an inside linebacker.
  • Lateral pursuit slides lack suddenness to avoid blocks.
  • Inconsistent feel for leveraging his gaps.
  • Loses ground to the runner when play flows wide.
  • Lacks certainty with his coverage duties.
  • Documented off-the-field issues while at Tennessee.
Overview
Inside linebacker who makes up for being slightly undersized with physicality. Banks' instincts and recognition improved in 2022, but he can still get better in those areas. He plays with below-average short-area twitch and just modest pursuit speed from sideline to sideline but will hit and wrap what is in front of him. He’s a likely two-down backup who might come off the field on passing downs but run back out for special teams reps.

So you haven't looked at their numbers.

Thanks for answering the question.
Is just bias.

Al
  • Games Played: 42.
  • Tackles: 272.
  • Tackles-For-Loss: 27.
  • Sacks: 11.
  • Forced Fumbles: 8.
  • Fumble Recoveries: 3.
  • Pass Breakups: 10.
  • Interceptions: 2.
Banks

• Games: 40
• Tackles: 209
• TFL: 17
• Sacks: 5.5
• FF and FR: 1 each
• Pass breakups: 8
• INTs: 1

But yea Banks is on the same level..

He maaaaaaay sneak in at the end of Day 2, but I'd be surprised.

I wouldn't be. Red flags or not, his unleash the beast aggressiveness and toughness is coveted by NFL teams. They will roll the dice on him. I think the NFL is ready for another linebacker with the mentally of a Dick Butkus, Jack Ham, Ray Nitschke, and Lawrence Taylor. A group of mean as demons men who existed for the sole purpose of inflicting pain on another man.

Last edited:
Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
You can't name one LBer that is excellent in coverage.
so the only valid point you have is the character stuff for which he's been documented as remedying.

He did get invited to a SR all-star game and the NFL Combine.

Undrafted?? That's hilarious!
Exactly. A LB isn't supposed to be able to cover a WR. If they could they would be DBs.

Day 1 would mean 1st round pick. I don’t think a single NFL franchise would invest that much into him. He’s a high risk pick no matter where he goes.
Agree. He has had some problems and that is an expensive risk for a team to take.

I wouldn't be. Red flags or not, his unleash the beast aggressiveness and toughness is coveted by NFL teams. They will roll the dice on him. I think is ready for another linebacker with the mentally of a Dick Butkus, Jack Ham, Ray Nitschke, and Lawrence Taylor. A group of mean as demons men who existed for the sole purpose of inflicting pain on another man.

Lmao. What a comparison.

Speaking of Mentality, Reckon Butkus or Ham ever claimed to shoot at cops ?

VN Store

Back