Jennings suspended for first half of bowl game (merged)

I would just about bet if the roles were reversed most complaining would be calling for the other player to be suspended. I don’t know if it was on purpose and agree either suspend him the entire game or not at all. Either it was malicious or it wasn’t.

Damn it. I wondered about that. It looked like Jennings was fired up about the hit and just trying to get up off of the slick, wet tarp they were on to celebrate with his team mates.

On a side note, did the sound go out right when it happened for anyone else? It took a few minutes to come back on Hulu.
My sound went out.

Convinced that if The ex UGA QB did not make a big deal this would not have resulted in any punishment. Was a penalty called?

Reactions: PA Vol
Told y'all.

Love the guy but he needs to get control of his temper.

You can't do that...you can't. I don't care who you are. He's lucky to even be playing in the bowl game at all after that.

He's a senior and he made the wrong choice in that moment. Is what it is.

Welcome to the new world where the media can create a frenzy about nothing when there was no penalty and no flag during the game and result with a suspension.

Damn it. I wondered about that. It looked like Jennings was fired up about the hit and just trying to get up off of the slick, wet tarp they were on to celebrate with his team mates.

On a side note, did the sound go out right when it happened for anyone else? It took a few minutes to come back on Hulu.
You watched the game on Hulu? How did you do that?

I was worried . Whatever happened, didn't look good on Jennings. I said that the sec office might do something. AND, it's TENNESSEE.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I can’t help but think that after all the money JJ made for himself this season, he lost himself some by doing this. JJ’s intent cannot definitively be proven, but my suspicion is he was trying to step on the dude while maintaining plausible deniability. He will have to answer questions about it at the combine. His emotion makes him an absolute dawg, but sometimes the dawg gets off his leash and bites someone. In other words, his emotions get away from him. I love the young man and hope he becomes a very successful pro, but these types of things can cost you opportunities in the pros.

Reactions: Volfan574
What about ripping the players's helmet off. Put away your famdom for a moment

Then go suspend everyone who removed the face mask at any point in any game. The Vandy player that did that on the first play should have been suspended the entire first half - but he played on. If called in the game, this is a personal foul not a suspension. Why make a difference because of the whining UGA grad???

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Hate it! Sec trying to make a statement, had the Ole Piss deal, Georgia/Georgia Tech scuffle and Jennings.

So... Hypothetically, you're saying that if you saw something on the ground right in front of you.. Then turned your head.. You could no longer step on that thing without years of martial arts training?

Jesus man. Some of y'all acting like this is OJ Simpson lawyer tryouts.
Honey, I think you need to go gargle and spit, cause I believe you are full of it!

I can’t help but think that after all the money JJ made for himself this season, he lost himself some by doing this. JJ’s intent cannot definitively be proven, but my suspicion is he was trying to step on the dude while maintaining plausible deniability. He will have to answer questions about it at the combine. His emotion makes him an absolute dawg, but sometimes the dawg gets off his leash and bites someone. In other words, his emotions get away from him. I love the young man and hope he becomes a very successful pro, but these types of things can cost you opportunities in the pros.
Post again @coach12 - your on a bad number!

Convinced that if The ex UGA QB did not make a big deal this would not have resulted in any punishment. Was a penalty called?

They are trying to save face of one of the announcers. He ranted about a STOMP, but it wasn't a STOMP, so they changed it to STEP, but it really wasn't a STEP - more like a brush of the side of the shoe as JJ put his foot on the ground.

The only thing could be the first hit - but that was not targeting and it was inbounds.

Then go suspend everyone who removed the face mask at any point in any game. The Vandy player that did that on the first play should have been suspended the entire first half - but he played on. If called in the game, this is a personal foul not a suspension. Why make a difference because of the whining UGA grad???
Are you really trying to rationalize his behavior??? Really??? That is simply not how the game is played. The consequnces fit the behavior. Hope he learns from this and make a truckload of money in the league. I believe he will

VN Store

Back