Jennings suspended for first half of bowl game (merged)

The famous NCAA "we can't prove anything one way or another, so let's half-suspend him" rule.

If only our criminal justice system were so enlightened:

"The jury has decided that maybe the defendant is guilty of murder; on the other hand, maybe he's not; therefore we give him half-a-life sentence ... just in case he's guilty."
I regret I have but one like to give for this post

If you say so. "Dragging by his face mask and driving into the wall" is about as much of an exaggeration as saying Jennings "curb stomped" that man's face.

It was a regular ass fight you can see in any bar on any Friday night.

Only difference is they were padded and wearing helmets, lol.

Watch the damn video.

Jauan’s wasn’t even a fight. He rain-tackles a guy out of bounds, dogs him some then gets up. Everything else discussed is opinion. No proof of anything else. You cannot prove intent.

Has anyone ever done that?
The SEC would probably keep our bowl money and a big party with all the hookers and blow in Birmingham.
Then UT would file lawsuit for breach of contract with the league office and really bring to light just how greedy the NCAA and these conferences are while the student athlete scrapes by

UT should fight this till the end. There's no way to prove that it was intentional. The only reason we are even discussing it now is because of the knee jerk reaction by the media.

Jennings needs to have an attorney send the SEC a letter of denial and stating by suspending him they are hurting his draft stock and he will seek damages if the suspension is not lifted.

On the other hand, screw the SEC. If the NCAA didn't suspend him I would play him regardless of what the SEC said.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
The SEC has opened up a can of worms with this ruling. The rule given, stated that the SEC can review the game film and if a penalty has been committed, they can issue a suspension - or something like that. So, what I figure, every coach can go back and pick out ANY flagrant foul the refs missed and contact the SEC over the missed call.. They can easily site the decision handed down today. Totally screwed up IMO.

He ripped the guy's helmet off then immediately stepped on his head.

Damn lucky to only miss a half
That didn't happen, at all. He removed the guys helmet, scrapped for a second got pulled off and then accidentally stepped on the kids head while getting into it with another Vandy idiot

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
The SEC has opened up a can of worms with this ruling. The rule given, stated that the SEC can review the game film and if a penalty has been committed, they can issue a suspension - or something like that. So, what I figure, every coach can go back and pick out ANY flagrant foul the refs missed and contact the SEC over the missed call.. They can easily site the decision handed down today. Totally screwed up IMO.
What makes you think the SEC will take any priors into consideration? Their past track record? They are going to do whatever they want based upon who did what to whom and how much pressure is being exerted to do something about it.

I would play him f the conference and Greg Sankey can go to hell

Yep. Everyones talking about.....MIzzou self-reported violations and cooperated, and got hammered. UNC stonewalled the NCAA for almost a decade...and got off with almost no penalty.

People can see which way to go.

Eff the SEC.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back