Jennings suspended for first half of bowl game (merged)

Already suspended for throwing punch. NCAA rules in that one.

uhhh he didn’t “throw a punch”. Arguably attempted murder lol. Brawled with the dude and tried bashing his head into a brick wall using his face mask.

uhhh he didn’t “throw a punch”. Arguably attempted murder lol. Brawled with the dude and tried bashing his head into a brick wall using his face mask.
Agree. The head into the wall thing was through the roof and criminal. But SEC will not add to his suspension because that would be the SEC Championship game in a CFP-potential team.

No way those two events are equal or similar in any way, yet they received same punishment.

for those saying play him anyway - you'll just get an unsportsmanlike penalty every single play he's out there. as well as massive fines from the SEC

I said take the stomp out of it. He drove a guy to the ground out of bounds. Wouldn't let him up, and ripped his helmet off.

You mean to tell me that's less egregious than a targeting foul? Comon' man.

The hit was inbounds, and the tarp was wet from the rain. They ended up at the benches with other players crowding them.

I get that it looked odd and maybe egregious, but if you review it and consider the circumstances, it wasn't as bad.

I'm willing to concede there's a chance... A small chance, Jennings didn't step on that dude's face on purpose.

But when people are on here defending that, while calling what Pickens did "attempted murder" (lol), it's hard to not laugh at the crazy amount of bias there. Show a random person both plays, 9/10 are going to say the Jennings play is more egregious. Jmo.

for those saying play him anyway - you'll just get an unsportsmanlike penalty every single play he's out there. as well as massive fines from the SEC

The bowl brings its own officials. I don't think anything would happen in-game, but I am sure the conference could withhold money or fine the school.

Reactions: ButchPlz
To suspend him for only a half for what his assumed intentions were proves that the suspension in and of itself is unwarranted. Idiocy.

Edit: Good Lord, just now seeing Wes' take on it....and I don't agree with a lot of things Wes says. But I guess I do on this one.

I'm willing to concede there's a chance... A small chance, Jennings didn't step on that dude's face on purpose.

But when people are on here defending that, while calling what Pickens did "attempted murder" (lol), it's hard to not laugh at the crazy amount of bias there. Show a random person both plays, 9/10 are going to say the Jennings play is more egregious. Jmo. The only difference to me is that both people are fighting in that case.
You are kidding me. Dragging a guy by the face mask and driving him into a wall all 100% undeniably intentional is the same as stepping on someone that you are not looking at?

You are kidding me. Dragging a guy by the face mask and driving him into a wall all 100% undeniably intentional is the same as stepping on someone that you are not looking at?
If you say so. "Dragging by his face mask and driving into the wall" is about as much of an exaggeration as saying Jennings "curb stomped" that man's face.

It was a regular ass fight you can see in any bar on any Friday night.

Only difference is they were padded and wearing helmets, lol.

JJ has a history. Suspension may stem more from the Instagram video in correlation with the vandy comments and actions taken in the game. Warranted. Fair. True Vol fans know. He literally stomped a mud hole with a candy players head. 😂 GBO 🍊

Reactions: FLVOL_79 and KBVol

VN Store

Back