Jennings suspended for first half of bowl game (merged)

The SEC doesn’t care about the Instagram video.
So I suppose the league office can now rewatch past games and dish out penalties or suspensions. I only played ball through high school and I can’t count the number of times I got stepped on after a play. I think of the vandy players helmet had not been removed, this would be a non issue.
GBO!!

I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but Kash Daniel - Kentucky's LB, received no official punishment from the SEC after blatant evidence showing him intentionally trying to twist Trask's ankle during the Florida game.

Jauan Jennings needs to just make a statement about how unintentional stepping on Candy's head was and that given his personal injury history, he would never try to hurt anyone.

Then maybe Pruitt could hold him out the 1st qtr like Stoops did Kash Daniel.

Reactions: davethevol

I don't mind this a bit. If it wasn't intentional, then did JJ make any effort at all to apologize to the player afterwards? Not to my knowledge. And then that freakout-show he put on right after the play on the sideline looked like pure Mr. Hyde coming out of Dr. Jekyll. As much as I love JJ as a player and respect his remarkable turnaround, it looks like he still can have some moments of terribly poor judgement. I hope he matures and grows out of it. His Haynesworth moment should not be how he should be remembered..but he is responsible for it, nobody else.

The famous NCAA "we can't prove anything one way or another, so let's half-suspend him" rule.

If only our criminal justice system were so enlightened:

"The jury has decided that maybe the defendant is guilty of murder; on the other hand, maybe he's not; therefore we give him half-a-life sentence ... just in case he's guilty."
This almost happened on the one jury I sat on. "Since we can't tell what really happened, instead of the asked-for $ One million, we'll just access damages of $500,000." I said, whoa, whoa, whoa.

So... Hypothetically, you're saying that if you saw something on the ground right in front of you.. Then turned your head.. You could no longer step on that thing without years of martial arts training?

Jesus man. Some of y'all acting like this is OJ Simpson lawyer tryouts.
Nobody said he couldn't, just that it was unlikely he did it on purpose. You ever accidentally stepped in sh**? Kind of the same thing.

Play him anyway. What are they going to do? Make us “vacate” the win. To hell with them. Make them go in front of the press and let them get asked some tough questions.

So... Hypothetically, you're saying that if you saw something on the ground right in front of you.. Then turned your head.. You could no longer step on that thing without years of martial arts training?

Jesus man. Some of y'all acting like this is OJ Simpson lawyer tryouts.

Johnny Cocharan would make Mike Slive issue an apology

Wonder if they will suspend the Ole Miss receiver for walking on all fours after a late TD, lifting his leg, and acting like he was pissing like a dog. One was intentional and foul, the other part of a sideline scrum with no direct intentional act....

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I don't mind this a bit. If it wasn't intentional, then did JJ make any effort at all to apologize to the player afterwards? Not to my knowledge. And then that freakout-show he put on right after the play on the sideline looked like pure Mr. Hyde coming out of Dr. Jekyll. As much as I love JJ as a player and respect his remarkable turnaround, it looks like he still can have some moments of terribly poor judgement. I hope he matures and grows out of it. His Haynesworth moment should not be how he should be remembered..but he is responsible for it, nobody else.

Your opinion is meaningless.

When you raise your foot to step at some point it will go to the ground.

He gets the 2nd half of the bowl. Rise above.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Why did he rip the helmet off?
You keep saying this but there’s no evidence he did. And you cannot tell from any view what’s happening. The struggle is more than likely over the ball. When JJ stands up he appears to throw (or try to throw) whatever he’s struggling with. The helmet doesn’t move from where it’s at for the entire clip. The ball on the other hand,,,,,,,

No flag, no penalty issued on the play, yet they suspend him anyway? What a pile of crap.
That's my angle too.......refs found nothing to throw a flag over. Now the SEC is actually confessing that the refs missed ? How far can this be taken ? I long for the day when the teams unite and start walking off the field over obvious bullshirt. Worst thing is any connection to gambling. This is unprecedented and like making the rules as we go along type of deal. Move SEC hdqtrs to Charlotte, a nuetral city, while your at it.

Reactions: davethevol
That's my angle too.......refs found nothing to throw a flag over. Now the SEC is actually confessing that the refs missed ? How far can this be taken ? I long for the day when the teams unite and start walking off the field over obvious bullshirt. Worst thing is any connection to gambling. This is unprecedented and like making the rules as we go along type of deal. Move SEC hdqtrs to Charlotte, a nuetral city, while your at it.

I want the SEC to go back and review Hubert's TD call for Florida at Neyland that Gaffney never caught.

VN Store

Back