Jennings suspended for first half of bowl game (merged)

Play him anyway. What are they going to do, tell the refs to call bogus calls on us vs. BAMA?

And BTW, does the SEC have jurisdiction here on a non-SEC game in a non-SEC stadium?

It would seem so. I don't agree with it. The more we look at it, the less some of us see the actual intent. However, as a neutral person might see it ( and few of us here can call ourselves neutral), the actual appearance of the incident was not good. Reverse the scenario. Had Jauan been on the bottom of the pile up, and the Vandy player had been atop him on their sidelines on that play? Not only would we be calling for such a penalty for the Vandy player, security would have had a helluva time keeping those of us seating close enough from coming over the wall.

It's done. Stop trying to argue against it. Tennessee will honor the suspension. At least he still gets to go, and play in the second half. They could have suspended him for the entire game, and the bowl trip. Consider ourselves lucky.

Anything looks bad in slow motion. They just went on a slipslide and he got up a little confused when he was pulled of the tackled by the sideling. It was incidental.

Pretty ridiculous. Whole Vanderbilt team left their sideline heading towards the UT bench and no consequences for that. If nothing else hopefully it’ll add a little chip to everyone for next years game even though Jennings won’t be there.

What makes you think the SEC will take any priors into consideration? Their past track record? They are going to do whatever they want based upon who did what to whom and how much pressure is being exerted to do something about it.
Legally can't afford not to. could be cause for a civil suit.

I'd play him anyways and tell the SEC to frick themselves. Its not like we're playing a guy that's taken money or did anything shady to get eligible to start with so they can't take scholarships away or vacate wins. I mean at worst the SEC will withhold the bowl money and what's that to UT?

I'm willing to concede there's a chance... A small chance, Jennings didn't step on that dude's face on purpose.

But when people are on here defending that, while calling what Pickens did "attempted murder" (lol), it's hard to not laugh at the crazy amount of bias there. Show a random person both plays, 9/10 are going to say the Jennings play is more egregious. Jmo.
1575502713997.gif

I have to admit that I thought it looked intentional. It just looked wrong to me -- like he could have pivoted and walked away without lifting his foot first. And the fact that he lifted his foot anyway made it seem suspicious. I hate to say that, but I tried to view it without bias and that's what I saw.

Now, having said that, there's absolutely NO WAY for anyone to know for sure whether it was intentional, or not. That kind of thing happens in football all the time and I just don't see how he can be punished when there's no way to prove that it was deliberate.

I just have to say, I'm not a Jennings fan at all for reasons that aren't related to football, but that was not intentional. If I felt it was I would be calling for his head. Just my 2 cents.

This is a good lesson to every blame-shifter among us who did whatever we did "on accident." "But it wasn't on purpose..." Purpose gets things right. Be intentional. Be responsible.

Jennings has been a great guy at Tennessee and I dont think there was intent in this, but I understand the penalty. Football is dangerous and you have to be intentional about safety.

VN Store

Back