Jaylen McCollough arrested

If you walked out of a Bedroom or bathroom and a unknown man was standing in your apartment snooping around what would you do? He states I am sorry I wondered into the wrong apartment. I will leave. Wait did you take anything, you ask no. Let me see and the individual bolts out the door. Do you go after him hell yes. It may be innocent it may not be. What if the car keys were laying on a counter top and were in his pocket or something else he may have taken in plain visible sight. We don't know if JM saw or heard him enter at this point. Without JM statement, it is all vague at this point. He could have been in the Apartment for a few minutes or seconds to take anything of value. If JM walked in on him and had reason to believe he might have taken anything he has full right to question him and call the police. Knowing he was in the wrong the kid probably bolted quickly which made him look guilty. All Speculation but who knows

If you walked out of a Bedroom or bathroom and a unknown man was standing in your apartment snooping around what would you do? He states I am sorry I wondered into the wrong apartment. I will leave. Wait did you take anything, you ask no. Let me see and the individual bolts out the door. Do you go after him hell yes. It may be innocent it may not be. What if the car keys were laying on a counter top and were in his pocket or something else he may have taken in plain visible sight. We don't know if JM saw or heard him enter at this point. Without JM statement, it is all vague at this point. He could have been in the Apartment for a few minutes or seconds to take anything of value. If JM walked in on him and had reason to believe he might have taken anything he has full right to question him and call the police. Knowing he was in the wrong the kid probably bolted quickly which made him look guilty. All Speculation but who knows
You don't like the speculation that JM is wrong, but you certainly make a helluva lot of speculation that the guy was "snooping around" or anything.

I I just think they made the arrest prematurely and, because of that, we now are having to deal with proposed actions against JM that may cause harm to him before it is determined that he actually committed a criminal act.

We??? I'm not having to deal with it. Are you his Mom? His Coach? His lawyer? Work in the athletics department?

And an arrest is made if there's strong evidence of a crime, it's not a conviction. Being a college athlete and having a big game coming up doesn't endow you with additional privileges under the law.

Had the officers simply continued their investigation and developed evidence beyond the statements of the alleged victim and then taken that evidence before a magistrate and had the judge agreed that there was probable cause to believe JM committed a crime, an arrest warrant would have been issued based on probable cause and JM would have to account for his actions.

Considering they have photos of the victims injuries, blood on the stairs, and McCullough's bandaged hand, it sure seems like they did. I'm also going to go out on a limb and predict the officer(s) did ask McCollough his version of events, as well as those of anyone else who witnessed the incident. If McCullough was smart, his response to being questioned would be, "I'd like to speak to a lawyer" and nothing else.

Reactions: Jaxon_Vol2017
Yeah, you sound open-minded.

A "drunkass" and "drunk idiot" that "barged into" the room and only received "superficial injury" and the cops are racist because they arrested the guy who knocked him down the stairs and fled the scene instead of calling 911.

Sure are a lot of judgmental MFers here who've never walked into the wrong room or opened the wrong door.
I wonder what you said at the time of the AJ Johnson situation.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
"Ahmaud Arbery had it coming"
- Idiots on this message board probably

Must be nice to have never walked into the wrong room or opened the wrong door by accident.
Like I said, he left a lucky man. There are plenty of homes in the area that he would not have gotten out alive.

I wonder what you said at the time of the AJ Johnson situation.

I said the same that I hoped it wasn't true, which is what I'm also saying now.

I didn't immediately start labeling the woman as a "slut" or other derogatory terms and suggest she got what she deserved. Which would be the equivalent of what you're doing now.

Last edited:
I was discussing the situation this morning with my barber and tried to think about what he had to say with an open mind. He is very well acquainted with many of our athletes (as well as others around the country and at the pro level). It's obviously impossible for me to fully "see" a scenario like this from the perspective of a black male (including JM).

Point is: if a drunk idiot enters my house and I end up (only) knocking out a tooth and causing some superficial injury like a cut head, and that guy then goes to the police, there's no way in hell I'm getting arrested. There is definitely a discrepancy with how our players, esp those of color, are handled in Knoxville. And I don't think it's necessarily like that everywhere.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

"Ahmaud Arbery had it coming"
- Idiots on this message board probably

Must be nice to have never walked into the wrong room or opened the wrong door by accident.
I went into the Ladies Bathroom once does that count. I was only 7 years old. My intent was valid to take a pee. I freaked out when I could not find a wall mounted urinal.

We??? I'm not having to deal with it. Are you his Mom? His Coach? His lawyer? Work in the athletics department?

And an arrest is made if there's strong evidence of a crime, it's not a conviction. Being a college athlete and having a big game coming up doesn't endow you with additional privileges under the law.

Considering they have photos of the victims injuries, blood on the stairs, and McCullough's bandaged hand, it sure seems like they did. I'm also going to go out on a limb and predict the officer(s) did ask McCollough his version of events, as well as those of anyone else who witnessed the incident. If McCullough was smart, his response to being questioned would be, "I'd like to speak to a lawyer" and nothing else.

There’s something about the picture of the stairs that kinda befuddles me. If he was hit and rolled backwards down the stairs. How is blood pooled up in spots on the stairs? Wouldn’t most of the blood be on the victim? Just a question.

Reactions: VAVol85
There’s something about the picture of the stairs that kinda befuddles me. If he was hit and rolled backwards down the stairs. How is blood pooled up in spots on the stairs? Wouldn’t most of the blood be on the victim? Just a question.

I'm not sure. I don't have a lot of history knocking people/getting knocked down a flight of concrete stairs, so my history on how blood splatters on them is limited. But I would imagine there's a lot variables based on the force, angle, body weight, body part, etc. that goes along with it.

Odd question. Are you trying to suggest it's a false flag?

I went into the Ladies Bathroom once does that count. I was only 7 years old. My intent was valid to take a pee. I freaked out when I could not find a wall mounted urinal.

Clearly you were drunk and should've had your teeth knocked out and thrown down a flight of stairs. The ladies present would have been justified in doing so as they likely assumed you were trying to rob their purses or sexually assault them.

Reactions: Doberman
I'm not sure. I don't have a lot of history knocking people/getting knocked down a flight of concrete stairs, so my history on how blood splatters on them is limited. But I would imagine there's a lot variables based on the force, angle, body weight, body part, etc. that goes along with it.

Odd question. Are you trying to suggest it's a false flag?

It just looks like he has spit out blood on the stairs in spots. Someone with a busted mouth rolling backwards, you would think most of the blood would be on their clothes.

I was discussing the situation this morning with my barber and tried to think about what he had to say with an open mind. He is very well acquainted with many of our athletes (as well as others around the country and at the pro level). It's obviously impossible for me to fully "see" a scenario like this from the perspective of a black male (including JM).

Point is: if a drunk idiot enters my house and I end up (only) knocking out a tooth and causing some superficial injury like a cut head, and that guy then goes to the police, there's no way in hell I'm getting arrested. There is definitely a discrepancy with how our players, esp those of color, are handled in Knoxville. And I don't think it's necessarily like that everywhere.
I don't desire for this to turn into a societal debate, but would counter with this:

It doesn't really matter so much the color of your skin as your social standing and community circumstances.

Whether you are white, black, brown, yellow, red, or purple, if you live in a nice home in a well-to-do neighborhood, with no reputation for trouble, and the police roll up because a guy invaded your home and you punched him in the mouth for it, I agree you likely won't be arrested.

But if you're a college kid living in an apartment complex not far off-campus that is a de facto extension of the dorms, you probably are going to be charged. Again, white, black, purple or green.

We make assumptions about each other based on the totality of circumstances. And--for all but a racist minority--skin color isn't even one of the primary elements.

Go Vols!

Clearly you were drunk and should've had your teeth knocked out and thrown down a flight of stairs. The ladies present would have been justified in doing so as they likely assumed you were trying to rob their purses or sexually assault them.
When you got to go you got to go. Sexual Assault no real intent. I thought that Va*in* was an Italian Airlines.

I don't desire for this to turn into a societal debate, but would counter with this:

It doesn't really matter so much the color of your skin as your social standing and community circumstances.

Whether you are white, black, brown, yellow, red, or purple, if you live in a nice home in a well-to-do neighborhood, with no reputation for trouble, and the police roll up because a guy invaded your home and you punched him in the mouth for it, I agree you likely won't be arrested.

But if you're a college kid living in an apartment complex not far off-campus that is a de facto extension of the dorms, you probably are going to be charged. Again, white, black, purple or green.

We make assumptions about each other based on the totality of circumstances. And--for all but a racist minority--skin color isn't even one of the primary elements.

Go Vols!

The cops are doing their job with what they have to go on.

Remind me: did Jim Bob Cooter get a sexual assault charge? Anything happen to Bray?
Bray was charged. I mean, he beaned someone's car with a bottle. I think he settled by agreeing to pay for damages. Not sure on this, it has been a long time. But I'm pretty sure the police charged him.

I must have been overseas during the Cooter incident. I honestly don't even remember him playing for the Vols (though of course I know his name).

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back