Jaylen McCollough arrested

Praying for an outcome that benefits all of those involved and going through this ordeal teaches them what they do not want to do ever again. Let Justice do it's dance, move on, do the time or whatever, and come out the other end a better person and a smarter person. Even if I got attacked out of the blue in my home, I would learn something from that. Go Vols! Let's focus on tomorrow and not dwell on yesterday.

What's up with this case???
Knoxville general sessions court judge agreed with the police and magistrate that there was probable cause and sent it to the grand jury back in early November, I think.

If the Grand Jury also finds probable cause, a true bill will be returned and it will go to criminal court for negotiation/motions/possible trial.
The grand jury agreed with the police, magistrate, prosecutor, and general sessions judge that there was probable cause for aggravated assault. A true bill was returned and the case will go to criminal court for negotiations/possible trial.

He’ll be arraigned soon and plead not guilty. The two sides will spend the next few months swapping discovery and trying to negotiate a settlement. Probably in McCullough’s best interest to stretch any resolution or trial past the end of the football season as long as UT allows him to keep playing.

Aggravated Assault is a class C felony. I assume he has no prior record, so it carries 3-6 years and is eligible for probation. If I recall correctly, the charge is eligible for pre-trial diversion under those circumstances. If that’s indeed correct, I’d guess that that’s probably how it resolves, depending on whether or not restitution is able to be paid.

VN Store

Back