Jaylen McCollough arrested

Nobody said any of that. The anti cop rhetoric in this country is sickening. Like cops sit around and think up ways to screw you over. Get over yourself, you're nowhere near that important.

Watch the vid and tell me how many "rules" the cop ignored....

Texas police officer fired after shooting unarmed teenager eating burger in car | ITV News

I'll help you out.....

1) Calls for backup but doesn't wait for it
2) Identifies a vehicle that had previously fled (if it did... I'm guessing there's only ONE maroon car in his town), what makes him think it won't happen again
3) Fails to maneuver his vehicle behind to prevent fleeing again
4) Calls in license plate number, doesn't wait for response (might've happened but, d*** that's the fastest plate check ever)
5) Yanks door open, starts barking orders (no one in the history of time has ever put on a police "costume" and done that)... scared kid pulls out (see 1, 2, & 3)
6) Scared kid pulls away (gee, I wonder why) cop pulls sidearm and pops off 5 rounds when all he had to do was step back
7) After kid starts to drive away (threat is abated) cop unloads rest of clip endangering innocent bystanders through ricochets
8) Actually tries to chase down a car on foot LOL

But.... and here's the BIG but.....

If it weren't for the body cam THIS cop could've told ANY story he wanted to and a judge would've believed it.... 'Cause, y'know, cops don't lie. It would've been the cops word vs. the dead guy... Thank heaven for body cams....

How many times have people gotten straight screwed by cops before the advent of body cams?

Get outta here with your "I don't understand the cop hate".......

what is this "if he doesn't play?" there is no way Heupel can let him play at this point, unless the guy that called the police says he got drunk and fell down those stairs on his own, then he cannot play until this is cleared up. TN is not FL from the 90's where Spurrier could make things go away for TN week, there is just too much visibility these days.
Who knows. He hasn’t missed practice yet and hasn’t been suspended.

Texas police officer fired after shooting unarmed teenager eating burger in car | ITV News

I'll help you out.....

2) Identifies a vehicle that had previously fled (if it did... I'm guessing there's only ONE maroon car in his town), what makes him think it won't happen again
4) Calls in license plate number, doesn't wait for response (might've happened but, d*** that's the fastest plate check ever)
5) Yanks door open, starts barking orders (no one in the history of time has ever put on a police "costume" and done that)... scared kid pulls out (see 1, 2, & 3)
6) Scared kid pulls away (gee, I wonder why) cop pulls sidearm and pops off 5 rounds when all he had to do was step back
7) After kid starts to drive away (threat is abated) cop unloads rest of clip endangering innocent bystanders through ricochets

If it weren't for the body cam THIS cop could've told ANY story he wanted to and a judge would've believed it.... 'Cause, y'know, cops don't lie. It would've been the cops word vs. the dead guy... Thank heaven for body cams....

How many times have people gotten straight screwed by cops before the advent of body cams?

Because this rookie is the exact same as the other million law enforcement officers across the country

what is this "if he doesn't play?" there is no way Heupel can let him play at this point, unless the guy that called the police says he got drunk and fell down those stairs on his own, then he cannot play until this is cleared up. TN is not FL from the 90's where Spurrier could make things go away for TN week, there is just too much visibility these days.
I think it is certainly possible that he'll play. It really boils down to whether he has confirmed to Heupel that the media reports are accurate. The legal case almost certainly won't be adjudicated until after the season ends.

Reactions: Stonewall83

Why not tho?? This wouldn’t play out in court for a year…..why on earth should anyone treat him as guilty at this point?? We have the story of a guy who was too drunk at 3pm to know what building he was at. And that’s it….

I think you are getting SOS mixed up with Urban. SOS may or may not have swept things under the rug, but if he did they kept quiet about it.

Ole Urbie on the other hand....yikes.

Reactions: sechamp2012

I'll help you out.....

So one cop defines all? How utterly stupid.

Not all, but it is an unfortunate pattern.
Is it? Honestly, the actual in depth reporting and studies I've seen indicate it is the exception... anomaly. I'm not excusing any police abuse of power. I believe there is something far more intentional and insidious going on in our federal law enforcement organizations right now. However the people who enforce the law in our communities are not by and large corrupt or abusive. Certainly no more than the population as a whole and probably a lot less.

I mean he obviously was impaired enough to go to the Wrong BUILDING. Seems pretty hammered to me.

Based on the alleged victim's own statement that he was drunk and entered the wrong building (if he is lying about being drunk then that of course calls into question everything else he said), anyone asserting what JM should or shouldn't have done is a FOOL. We do not know what happened and only 1 party, who was apparently quite drunk and prone to bias, gave a statement. Maybe JM overreacted but, maybe, he was justified to take action - we don't know.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Apparently, some of yall never lived in or near the Fort.

People are constantly hitting you up for money or who knows what else. Your car doors are *constantly* being checked. Got a pricey cat. converter? Consider it gone. Your doorknob is turned all the time...and it isn't because of some drunken error. A college kid's iPad, laptop or TV is pretty easy to flip...

Point being, the insinuation that JM should have just let the other guy say "Oopsie Poopsies" and back away is laughable. He's not living out in Fox Den or something.

People are constantly hitting you up for money or who knows what else. Your car doors are *constantly* being checked. Got a pricey cat. converter? Consider it gone. Your doorknob is turned all the time...and it isn't because of some drunken error. A college kid's iPad, laptop or TV is pretty easy to flip...

Point being, the insinuation that JM should have just let the other guy say "Oopsie Poopsies" and back away is laughable. He's not living out in Fox Den or something.
I agree this is a fair point and JM would have more to stand on though if he had been inside the apartment when the physical fight occurred. You can’t claim self defense while chasing after someone in public cussing and threatening them

So one cop defines all? How utterly stupid.

So, something that has happened, and happened repeatedly in the face of video recording, has never happened before?

Good heavens..... it's the fact that it's still happening even when they KNOW they're being recorded that proves it went on (and went on a LOT) when they had free rein to act as judge, jury, and yes, executioner before body cams and the like were even a twinkle in some inventor's eye.

Goodness, gracious.... this ain't that hard to understand unless you're one of those that think LE can do no wrong simply because they're LE

And, no, they're not all bad.... but how many of the "not bad" ones KNOW about the "bad" ones and refuse to speak up because of the "fraternity"? What responsibility do the "not bad" ones have to the public at large to make sure the "bad" ones don't end up killing absolutely innocent folks?

Not speaking up isn't quite as bad as shooting some dude eating a burger in a parking lot but it's still really bad.....

Last edited:
So, something that has happened, and happened repeatedly in the face of video recording, has never happened before?

Good heavens..... it's the fact that it's still happening even when they KNOW they're being recorded that proves it went on (and went on a LOT) when they had free rein to act as judge, jury, and yes, executioner before body cams and the like were even a twinkle in some inventor's eye.

Goodness, gracious.... this ain't that hard to understand unless you're one of those that think LE can do no wrong simply because they're LE

And, no, they're not all bad.... but how many of the "not bad" ones KNOW about the "bad" ones and refuse to speak up because of the "fraternity"? What responsibility do the "not bad" ones have to the public at large to make sure the "bad" ones don't end up killing absolutely innocent folks?

Not speaking up isn't quite as bad as shooting some dude eating a burger in a parking lot but it's still really bad.....
Yes out of 4-5 million encounters between law enforcement and the public there are between 200-500 shootings a year by LE. 95% of these are justified legal shootings, 5% are either “questionable” or outright negligence or criminal acts by the officers. But continue acting like it’s an everyday problem lol. More people are killed by bee stings

This all day!

It was a home invasion, quite literally. It was McCollough's home, and the fella invaded the privacy of that home without permission or invitation.

Now, neither you nor I nor anyone else here know what happened after the invader walked in uninvited, we only know the version he told the police. We don't know how far he entered, whether he acted aggressive, confused, or apologetic after being confronted, or how quickly he departed. We do know that he told the police at one point he mouthed off to McCollough, "don't be such a dick," but we don't know what was said by either party before or after that. That is a belligerent statement, I think you'll agree. So it wasn't all curtseying and begging forgiveness, apparently.

And Dude didn't just go to the wrong door. he went to the whole wrong building. He had to have been pretty distracted, or high/drunk, or both, to get the whole wrong part of the apartment complex.

BTW, here's what McCollough's building looks like courtesy of Google Street View and the unredacted address in the police blotter report:

View attachment 499850

We've all seen apartment complexes like this: breezeways with concrete landings and stairs for each set of apartments, 4 apartment entries on each landing, stairhead no more than 8' or 10' away from each of those four doors. So the dude saying McCollough pursued him 30' to the stairs is probably off by about 20'. There is some reasonable expectation of relative privacy up on the top landing, where a resident would reasonably only expect one of his three neighbors or their guests to be.

And if the dude fell down stairs after being hit, he only fell about 10 vertical feet, because these apartments typically have 8' or 9' ceilings. So about 10' between stories.

Is this significantly different than you imagined it? Because it seems significantly different than you were describing it.

Couple that with McCollough and perhaps his GF shouting in surprise and shock while this dude is mumbling some sort of perhaps-apology, and you have room for a whole lot of misunderstanding in a very short time period and fairly limited space.

I've never seen a doorbell camera or security camera in the breezeways of these types of apartments. One could be there, but I wouldn't count on it.
1665669448020.pngUm, yeah, no, it was not "home invasion" unless you can prove the drunk had intent to commit a crime. Simply walking in the wrong place is not a home invasion.

If he had, there wouldn't be a 50+ page thread on him right now and wouldn't be a question about his eligibility for the biggest game we've seen in quite a while, as well as the rest of the season.

Doesn't seem too laughable to me. In fact, not following him into the hallway, not knocking him down a flight of stairs, and locking his door all seem like smart moves in hindsight.

I'm ambivalent on the utterance of "Ooopsie Poopsies," but you do you WallyBalls.

Reactions: GhostVol
View attachment 500073Um, yeah, no, it was not "home invasion" unless you can prove the drunk had intent to commit a crime. Simply walking in the wrong place is not a home invasion.
I'll see your definition and raise you one:

A home invasion, also called a hot prowl burglary, is a sub-type of burglary (or in some jurisdictions, a separately defined crime) in which an offender unlawfully enters into a building residence while the occupants are inside.[1]
...an offender unlawfully enters into a building residence while the occupants are inside.

Sounds like this was shaping up to be a home invasion to me.

Did the guy steal anything? We don't think so, but we don't know for sure.

Did he intend to steal anything? We have no idea. Because we don't know what his motivation was. We only know what he told the police. And we all know criminals are not in the habit of telling police their true intentions.

Fact is, we don't know what happened. The guy himself admitted to entering the home of another person without permission, so we can be fairly certain that did happen. After that, we just don't know.

So yep, I'd say this was a home invasion. Because he invaded their home.

Go Vols!

I'll see your definition and raise you one:

...an offender unlawfully enters into a building residence while the occupants are inside.

Sounds like this was shaping up to be a home invasion to me.

Did the guy steal anything? We don't think so, but we don't know for sure.

Did he intend to steal anything? We have no idea. Because we don't know what his motivation was. We only know what he told the police. And we all know criminals are not in the habit of telling police their true intentions.

Fact is, we don't know what happened. The guy himself admitted to entering the home of another person without permission, so we can be fairly certain that did happen. After that, we just don't know.

So yep, I'd say this was a home invasion. Because he invaded their home.

Go Vols!
Wikipedia vs Miriam-Webster? Ok...

If you finished that paragraph, it says "The overarching intent of a hot prowl burglary can be theft, robbery, assault, sexual assault, murder, kidnapping, or another crime, either by stealth or direct force."

And if you actually go down to the "Definition" section of that article you posted, it says "Home invasion differs from burglary in that its perpetrators have a violent intent apart from the unlawful entry itself, specific or general, much the same way as aggravated robbery—personally taking from someone by force—is differentiated from mere larceny (theft alone)." So, unless you can prove there was a violent intent, it was not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back