Jalen Tabor can't stop thinking about UT & other obsessions

Florida DBs are overrated---they got burned for big plays in a bunch of games last year and got lit up by alabama and michigan in their last 2 games. Dobbs will light them up for big points this year---book it!

All secondaries get burned. If by "overrated" you mean a top 20 passing D, 2 First rounders, 2 All SEC DBs and an AA then I'll agree.

Its a good chance Tabor will be the first CB on the board next draft.

All secondaries get burned. If by "overrated" you mean a top 20 passing D, 2 First rounders, 2 All SEC DBs and an AA then I'll agree.

Its a good chance Tabor will be the first CB on the board next draft.

Hargreaves is great and I think you'll miss him. I think Tabor still has a lot to prove, I don't think he has shown himself to be that caliber of player yet... but he is running his mouth like he's Joe Haden or something.

Hargreaves is great and I think you'll miss him. I think Tabor still has a lot to prove, I don't think he has shown himself to be that caliber of player yet... but he is running his mouth as though he is.

Tabor had two pick 6s last season, and made the game changing play against you guys as a true freshman in 2014.

Tabor is an All-America caliber corner...unfortunately he also has an All-Madden mouth.

Tabor had two pick 6s last season, and made the game changing play against you guys as a true freshman in 2014.

Tabor is an All-America caliber corner...unfortunately he also has an All-Madden mouth.

I am not ready to concede that he is a better corner than Cam Sutton or that he brings more value to his team when you factor in punt returns. I know what various sites say about who will be drafted first next April but we'll see what happens. I think Sutton is more in the mold of the modern day CB. He is a more physical player and the better all around athlete, imo - and he just keeps his mouth shut and plays the game.

... and you sure are getting a lot of mileage out of that "game changing play" from two years ago when we had a statue in Justin Worley at QB. He didn't even play vs Tenn last year but wants to talk this much garbage?

Reactions: 3 people
I am not ready to concede that he is a better corner than Cam Sutton or that he brings more value to his team when you factor in punt returns. I know what various sites say about who will be drafted first next April but we'll see what happens. I think Sutton is more in the mold of the modern day CB. He is a more physical player and the better all around athlete, imo - and he just keeps his mouth shut and plays the game.

... and you sure are getting a lot of mileage out of that "game changing play" from two years ago when we had a statue in Justin Worley at QB. He didn't even play vs Tenn last year but wants to talk this much garbage?

I missed where I mentioned Cam Sutton, compared him to Jalen Tabor, or suggested you concede anything.

As for the 2014 game, there's some folks here who suggested they didnt know who Tabor was. He's one of the best corners in the country, and he's directly contributed to the current streak.

He's also an attention whore who better back up his words come September.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I missed where I mentioned Cam Sutton, compared him to Jalen Tabor, or suggested you concede anything.

As for the 2014 game, there's some folks here who suggested they didnt know who Tabor was. He's one of the best corners in the country, and he's directly contributed to the current streak.

He's also an attention whore who better back up his words come September.

And based on all the twitter comments & posts in this thread and others...he's also pretty good at getting under the Vols' skin. :crazy:

So many many people worked up over a little trash talking on social media by one member of a rival's team.

And based on all the twitter comments & posts in this thread and others...he's also pretty good at getting under the Vols' skin. :crazy:

So many many people worked up over a little trash talking on social media by one member of a rival's team.

Yep, used to be you had to wait until game week to get bulletin board material.

Thanks to social media, this nonsense can ruffle feathers all year long.

You guys need to let that play go. It wasn't exactly a talent-driven play. Worley was a statue and didn't even glance to his left to see if a DB was coming. I'm 30 and out of shape and I could have sacked Worley on that play.

Reactions: 2 people
The play where Tabor forced a fumble from Worley was overrated. Worley was a sitting duck most of the time who could not escape pressure to save his life. It's not like Tabor forced a fumble from Deshaun Watson. Dobbs is a way different QB from Worley who can actually use his legs, to tear up a defense.

You guys need to let that play go. It wasn't exactly a talent-driven play. Worley was a statue and didn't even glance to his left to see if a DB was coming. I'm 30 and out of shape and I could have sacked Worley on that play.

The play where Tabor forced a fumble from Worley was overrated. Worley was a sitting duck most of the time who could not escape pressure to save his life. It's not like Tabor forced a fumble from Deshaun Watson. Dobbs is a way different QB from Worley who can actually use his legs, to tear up a defense.

:whistling:

You're overestimating his effect. He is being discussed in one thread on a message board full of threads that discusses all things UT. Makes for a good story though.

Last edited:
When your team has been thumping another teams ass for 11 years straight, I don't think the loosing team can be in your head.

Then why does he keep bringing us up? You don't see our players going out of their way talking trash about Vandy or Kentucky. He's scared.

You're overestimating his effect. He is being discussed in one thread in a message board full of threads that discusses all things UT. Makes for a good story though.

While you are right that this may be the only one "devoted" to the topic, I have seen numerous references to the "forth" in other threads.

But even just one is giving it way too much importance. It's just a kid jawing...on social media...to those that follow his tweets.

He's doing it for entertainment and all the butt-hurt UT fans going nuts over it are the ones providing his entertainment.

While you are right that this may be the only one "devoted" to the topic, I have seen numerous references to the "forth" in other threads.

But even just one is giving it way too much importance. It's just a kid jawing...on social media...to those that follow his tweets.

He's doing it for entertainment and all the butt-hurt UT fans going nuts over it are the ones providing his entertainment.

This is a Vols site. We are not happy with the streak, and some fans of any teams don't like the trash talk between players, but we are by no means "butt hurt". The butt hurt fans are the fans that are on the opposing teams sites ranting and raving about stuff. This is a Vols site, and it's the off season. What should be talking about? Unicorns and puppy dogs? Sheesh. :thud:

Uh, no and no. No one here is "butt-hurt." We are simply calling out a douche bag on an opposing team who is a media diva. If he was so enthralled with UT and beating us maybe he shoulda stayed off the pipe last year and actually played against us.

Reactions: 2 people
Then why does he keep bringing us up? You don't see our players going out of their way talking trash about Vandy or Kentucky. He's scared.

He likes to rattle your chain because of the reactions. He seems to be doing a pretty good job of it by the looks of the reactions he is getting from Vol fans. You say he's scared, when in reality he is trolling and working you like an easy date.

He likes to rattle your chain because of the reactions. He seems to be doing a pretty good job of it by the looks of the reactions he is getting from Vol fans. You say he's scared, when in reality he is trolling and working you like an easy date.

If he wanted to troll us so bad, then maybe he should have thought about laying of the weed for a few weeks last year.

If he wanted to troll us so bad, then maybe he should have thought about laying of the weed for a few weeks last year.

Oh, he's trolling the **** out of you and quiet well. He's running his mouth and there's really nothing we can say back until we can beat them. Just the way it has been for 11 years.

as a willing participant earlier in the thread, as i see this thread continue, i now have serious regrets about said participation.

this has gotten way too much attention....it's really not that big of a deal.

VN Store

Back