Jalen Tabor can't stop thinking about UT & other obsessions

You and I both know that's not the point, but I appreciate you taking time to move the goalpost to the 30 yard line. :)

Oh I know, I just hate when people ignorantly say stupid s*** when in fact it's quite the opposite from what is realty (not that I should really).

You deal in way to much hyperbole. The 'forth' reference should be a cry for help on his end for the University of Florida to provide him a better education. It's funny to me that certain people talking smack is 'entertainment' and people that reply back is 'butthurt'. There's no consistency in your line of thinking.

No problem with consistency at all. As I see it, there is a difference between someone responding to his smack talk and bantering back and forth like fans often do, versus the whinny comments from some butt-hurt people complaining about how awful it is for him to be posting mean things about UT on his Twitter account.

And by the way, I also think that people are desperately grasping at straws when trying to put him down with all these critical comments on the "forth" reference.

My college age son's texting makes me cringe. All sorts of typos and much of it simply phonetics instead of actual English. But when he needs to, such as in school assignments, he will use proper capitalization, grammar and punctuation. The point of all that is to suggest that kids on social media pay little, to no attention, to spelling and all of the other things associated with proper English. Jonathan Kongbo, also a college junior when fall classes start, didn't concern himself too much with grammar with his "Bama We Coming" sign did he?

Now, closer to home...if spelling is such a big deal to you then maybe you should proof-read your own posts a little better as that "You deal in way to much hyperbole." should actually have been a "too much". Is it now valid to question the quality of your education because you used the wrong word? Of course not and I'm not doing it, I'm just pointing out how easy it is to have a typo, even when it matters to you, especially if you're on a phone as most of these kids are these days.

To be honest, the whole self-appointed grammar police on message boards has become quite (not "quiet") annoying to me. All that really matters is whether the meaning of your message was conveyed to the readers, weather they're was a typo, or too, doesn't often change the intent of the message, does it?

Reactions: 1 person
No problem with consistency at all. As I see it, there is a difference between someone responding to his smack talk and bantering back and forth like fans often do, versus the whinny comments from some butt-hurt people complaining about how awful it is for him to be posting mean things about UT on his Twitter account.

And by the way, I also think that people are desperately grasping at straws when trying to put him down with all these critical comments on the "forth" reference.

My college age son's texting makes me cringe. All sorts of typos and much of it simply phonetics instead of actual English. But when he needs to, such as in school assignments, he will use proper capitalization, grammar and punctuation. The point of all that is to suggest that kids on social media pay little, to no attention, to spelling and all of the other things associated with proper English. Jonathan Kongbo, also a college junior when fall classes start, didn't concern himself too much with grammar with his "Bama We Coming" sign did he?

Now, closer to home...if spelling is such a big deal to you then maybe you should proof-read your own posts a little better as that "You deal in way to much hyperbole." should actually have been a "too much". Is it now valid to question the quality of your education because you used the wrong word? Of course not and I'm not doing it, I'm just pointing out how easy it is to have a typo, even when it matters to you, especially if you're on a phone as most of these kids are these days.

To be honest, the whole self-appointed grammar police on message boards has become quite (not "quiet") annoying to me. All that really matters is whether the meaning of your message was conveyed to the readers, weather they're was a typo, or too, doesn't often change the intent of the message, does it?

Your so smart.

You see what I did there?

abcdx.jpg

Reactions: 6 people

This should be "whiny"... "Whinny" would refer to the high pitched sound a horse makes when it rears. :)

Reactions: 2 people
Gators still consider UT an important rival or Gator players and their fans wouldn't be saying a word about UT. So keep yapping, Tabor. It's nice to be in your head.

Could very well be a case of a kid quickly posting a tweet on a phone with a small screen like I'm doing right now, or it could follow the trend that he's established for himself with his off the field issues. I don't know and personally don't care. Maybe you've seen something on Twitter that explains your initial 'butt hurt' comment. All I'm saying is that if this thread is your only source of butthurt then you're exaggerating the situation. Even then, the only way I could classify anything as butthurt is if UT fans hammered him longer than a day over his comment. Tabor wanted attention probably due to him not getting any right now, and he posted a tweet. UT fans like any other fans responded. Does this mean all fan bases are butthurt? Do you come from a world where you don't respond and just utter 'you're right' if someone makes a snarky comment to you? Again, I feel you're blowing the butthurt stuff way out of proportion.

And thanks for correcting my use of 'too'. For the record, I've never cared for the grammar nazi nonsense either. That generally tells me the person pulling that rabbit out of their hat isn't intellectually equipped to handle the content of a subject being discussed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Lol Tabor just can't stay out of trouble or keep his mouth shut. Can't wait till we play them and he gets ran over by Hurd.

Reactions: 1 person
NB4, Gator fans say he's a classy guy who wouldn't do anything to get in trouble.

Suspended for one game, against UMass.

UMass with the upset since the world and the lizards revolve around Tabor..

Wow....way to go Coach Mac!! Suspended him for one whole game against UMass!! This will totally affect his draft stock and he is devastated to miss this HUGE game! It might cost you all a win against that powerhouse!

VN Store

Back