Jake Fromm Sings Rocky Top

Are some fans so thin skinned now that a kid in college having a little fun taunting after a rivalry game hurts your feelings? Once again, if it were reversed and our players sang Glory Glory you would be loving it.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Yeah, that's basically what I was trying to tell people that teams have runs, and we're close to even. They may never look back and dominate Tennessee, but so far they haven't like some I know claim.
Good point, I think the biggest streak for UGA has been is 5 but you are correct, most go on streaks, then it will reverse. UGA has won 8 of 10 vs TN? 8 of 10 vs Barn after they had a mini run. The Bama/UT series is proof of that, Phil won how many in a row? UF got a streak on UGA and looks like UGA is fixing to start one on UF. TN will have another run on Bama and Ga.

Reactions: joevol33
Are some fans so thin skinned now that a kid in college having a little fun taunting after a rivalry game hurts your feelings? Once again, if it were reversed and our players sang Glory Glory you would be loving it.
Not everyone in here is having a meltdown over it. Some of us are yapping and having fun.

Funny thing is..100% of UT's football players and fans have no idea what Georgia's song is..
I’m not sure all the Ga players know it lol. Like I said, Rocky Top is just played into your head for 3-4 hours, name me one person, fan of either team, coach or player, that doesn’t have that song in your head when you leave after hearing it 1000x. It’s in my head writing this lol. Probably the most popular song in college football? Can you think of another? It’s associated with UT

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Could be. But before the game there was a story that Pruitt was going to play JG at some point vs GA. And that’s exactly what happened. Therefore I have to think playing JG was planned. Which is just whack IMO.
I know he said that before, but I imagine that plan went out the window when Maurer came out the way he did. The one time JG came in for one play, it looked like Maurer was fiddling with his arm like he tweaked it or did something. He came right back in. The second time JG came in Maurer was definitely hurt and it was a good move not to send Maurer back out and risk injury at that time, the game was way out of hand.

And Richt beat Phil every year until 2004, when Ainge went to Athens and beat Greene/Pollack their Sr year. Ga had just gave Saban the worst loss of his career the week prior over defending NC LSU 45-16.
Almost but not quite...We beat Saban by more than that back in 2000 in either his first or second year, I remember I was at that game.

It’s 9. Played in 89 then the division play started in 92 so yeah 9 straight, always find it odd the two didn’t play much until 92. Pretty much didn’t play at all from late 30s to the 60s. The rest of the history between the 2 are almost identical. NC is 2 unanimous for each, UT now claims 6 (used to be the 2), UGA has been named NC 6x but claims just the 2 unanimous. UT is ahead in all time wins for 10th place all time, I believe it’s less than 20 now? Tied with the same SEC titles, almost equal head to head. UGA leads in Bowl games and bowl wins and UGA has a couple Heismans. Both among the top names in CFB.
I've always heard the General didn't want to play UGA, he thought Bama and Auburn annually were enough and only wanted to see maybe one of the others per year. All the schools were like that pretty much. Auburn was the most fearless, they played Bama, UGA, UT and Florida almost every year for years.

Last edited:
Sure as hell isn’t 1998. 98 is as relevant as 80. You’re recruiting kids now that weren’t born in 98.

Speaking of 98, I know UT is glad they didn’t have to play the best team that season, Kansas State. We saw what happened in that Cotton Bowl two years later. Wonder if Fulmer sent RC Slocum a thank you card for that upset.

LMAO. I have NEVER gone to a rival site and posted anything. I sure as heck would never go and try and rub it in.

Klassy with a K, dawg. Trash program.

Reactions: Behr
So, uga fans, WTF are you here? Do you need affirmation? You won. Whooopie do. Enjoy it.....ON A UGA SITE.

The passive aggressive approach is predictable, but if you see the need to come to a rival site after a win to bolster your self esteem, you have issues.

Trash program. Trash fan base.

Reactions: Behr and vols40
Bama has led us for a grand total of three minutes the last two years. There are now more 5*s in Athens then Tuscaloosa.

The passing of the torch where we push their s*** in by three TDs is coming so get ready. Maybe it’ll be this year. Maybe not but it’s coming. Bama isn’t Bama of a few years ago. Their Oline is garbage and the depth they needed for that D is now in Athens.
As long as the lead is in the last minute is all that matters, partner!!

We played a top 10 team yesterday and mashed them into the turf for 4 quarters...We don't turn the ball over and we win by 21+ EASILY....GTFOH with that "If UF plays like that against..." crap...We dominated the number 7 team the country and we're supposed to 14 point underdogs to LSU LOL!
They turned the ball over as well. Or did you forget that?

I gotta say, i was singing Rocky Top on the way home.

Mainly because one of the speakers was in front of me and right next to the UGA bench. After hearing it all night it became an earworm. If that was your plan, congrats, it worked.

Hell, it is still in my head!

Last edited:
Mullen is Kirby’s b****. Your beat down is coming. Can’t wait to watch y’all clear out of the stadium again in the third quarter.

Nice garbage recruiting class you’re putting together too.

8 yard back shoulder throws and sissy boy offense won’t beat this defense. Especially from a quarterback who waxes his eyebrows. Bowl cut Kirby will choke away this game, he’s good for a choke or two annually.

By who? UF? LOL
If Fla plays LSU or GA like they did yesterday, you lose by 30.

I’d say LSU will be favored by 14 or so and the line continues to grow on the future line UGA vs UF, it’s double figures now as well.

Sit this one out, Captain 1-4.

From Bama, not from y'alls sorry @$$'s. Jake Fromm ain't no Bo Nix, and UGA's offensive line ain't ours or Auburn's. Anyway, y'all are in for a rude awakening sooner than that, about 7 p.m. central next Saturday.

I’m more concerned about LSU than Georgia.

We can beat LSU and very well may, but we don’t have to.

From Bama, not from y'alls sorry @$$'s. Jake Fromm ain't no Bo Nix, and UGA's offensive line ain't ours or Auburn's. Anyway, y'all are in for a rude awakening sooner than that, about 7 p.m. central next Saturday.

I stopped reading when you called us “sorry asses.” No credibility after that.

Georgia has outscored Tennessee 84-14 in Jake Fromm’s two career trips to Neyland Stadium. Fromm has completed 31 of 44 passes for 372 yards, thrown for three touchdowns and run for two more in those games.

VN Store

Back